BOS airport question

Bethany Beach

Just found out that our flight out of Boston has been changed to 10:30 am (Oct 2 - Sunday).  Have been to Boston several times as part of a land vacation, but never flew out of BOS so know nothing about it.  We will have luggage to check.  Appreciate thoughts as to whether it is feasible to make it off the ship and to the airport on time.  We are TSA precheck.  The next flight for us would be 4 pm and I don't really want to hang around the airport that long and it is imperative that we get home on Sunday.  Before I change to the 4 pm flight, would like opinions from those who know the airport situation.  I'm going to post this on our roll call board also.  

I travel the airport constantly. If you have a 10:30 flight, checking luggage with recheck, then 90 minutes should be plenty. I've never sailed in or out of Boston, but as long as you're off the ship by 8:15, I wouldn't be concerned.

BTW, what airline? As the terminal information can be helpful

• Like 1

Despite being one of the most god awful cities to drive in anywhere, you're fortunate in that Logan Airport is a quick hop from the cruise terminal on public transport or by cab/Uber through the Ted Williams Tunnel.  Matter of fact, sailaway on our NCL cruise in May afforded a great view of the tarmac as well as a direct overhead takeoff by a couple of flights.  Looking forward to the same with this cruise if we get good weather.

Agreed you should be fine for a 10:30 flight so rest easy.  Especially given that yours is a Sunday AM flight.

• Like 1

what cruiseline  and  cruise destination?

I live in the Boston area. I did a Canada/New England cruise with Royal  Caribbean that ended in Boston.  We had to do customs before getting off the ship. Very long line that took a while to get thru.

I fly out of Logan a few times a year and also have pre check. You never know about the line.  Sometimes pretty long and other times it moves really quick.

Hard to say.

Black Falcon pier is terrible.   Too small to get all the luggage out.  We also did immigration on board.  Crazy, long lines.  Get an early luggage tag number. Use a porter because they took you to the front of the taxi line,  which otherwise was very long.  We were going through security,  tsa pre-check, pretty quickly.  Good luck.

Take your own luggage off the ship first thing in the morning. I remember the pier being very crowded in 2017. We live in NE and drove to the pier. The line to board snaked around outside but getting off the ship was crazy crowded and that was on the Jewel of the Seas. I can't imagine getting on/off the Voyager of the Seas in Boston.

41 minutes ago, Bethany Beach said:

Thanks for the comments - I realize there are a lot of variables in the mix.  I think I will take my chances, try to get an early off number, get a porter, and hope for the best.  If I miss that flight, hopefully I can get on the 4 pm one.  

Good luck.

Just flew out of Logan this past Sunday. Believe it or not, there was a long line for pre-check, and no one in line for regular security. TSA people were encouraging fliers to go to the regular security line. I wasn't prepared to do that (didn't have liquids in a quart-size bag, etc.). If you don't mind taking off your shoes and have your liquids in a quart-size bag, that may help speed up going through security. Just a thought. 

23 minutes ago, mar214 said:

Just flew out of Logan this past Sunday. Believe it or not, there was a long line for pre-check, and no one in line for regular security. TSA people were encouraging fliers to go to the regular security line. I wasn't prepared to do that (didn't have liquids in a quart-size bag, etc.). If you don't mind taking off your shoes and have your liquids in a quart-size bag, that may help speed up going through security. Just a thought. 

If you show the agent your boarding pass with pre-check they usually don't require you to take off your shoes, etc

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

If you show the agent your boarding pass with pre-check they usually don't require you to take off your shoes, etc

I once flew out of an airport without PreCheck. I didn't have to take my shoes off and got to just go through a medical detector, but I still had to take everything out of my bag. It was a small airport with only a single lane.

Is there a delta sky priority security line at the Boston airport? We also have an early flight at 11am this Saturday. Concerned if we will make it. We will be self disembarking and walking off with our luggage from a Holland america cruise. 

The TSA agent at Logan was warning anyone willing to forgo the pre-check line to go through no-wait regular security that they would have to remove shoes, etc. Only one guy left pre-check to go through regular security. Wondering if the rest of us willing to stay in precheck line despite the wait were trying to hide holes in our socks. 😬