Celebrity Refurbished ships

Ricahdo

Anyone have recent pics of the Infinity and Constellation Veranda rooms. Was last on Reflection, wondering how it compared, or is it really tired. Don’t want to spend money and be disappointed with the older ship especially after talking up Celebrity to friends who will accompany us.

15 hours ago, Ricahdo said:

Can anyone advise when the Constellation and the Infinity were last refurbished please. I keep hearing conflicting reports.

thanks

Constellation got a major face lift (not Revolution) in July 2021 while in dry dock in Cadiz.  All common area soft goods replaced, and those in many cabins as well.  Was scheduled for the Revolution just after the shut-down, so necessary goods were already in inventory and ready to install.  Looked really great for restart in November.

Infinity has not had that treatment.

Thanks all for the input. Am now considering an end of October Cruise Athens to Barcelona, it will end in Barcelona around the 5th of November, anyone cruised that time of year? How is the weather, too cold for comfort or ok? Should I consider something sooner? Any input appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the input! Looks like we will book Apex in Late Oct. 2023. Athens to Barcelona. Looking forward to the E class and trying out the new Veranda.

dont understand why Celebrity won’t allow stateroom choice at this time but will assign later, makes me a bit nervous about which deck we end up. Also traveling with another couple so would like to be close. 

Just now, Alakegirl said:

Just know its not a verandah, it is just a window tgat opens

Surprised it took 16 minutes for someone to chime in with this 🙄

19 minutes ago, Ricahdo said:

Thanks all for the input! Looks like we will book Apex in Late Oct. 2023. Athens to Barcelona. Looking forward to the E class and trying out the new Veranda.

dont understand why Celebrity won’t allow stateroom choice at this time but will assign later, makes me a bit nervous about which deck we end up. Also traveling with another couple so would like to be close. 

Personally, we love the infinite verandahs on the Edge class and haven’t had any of the issues other (exceedingly vocal) cruise critic members seem to have with the ships or staterooms. We found the rooms to be expansive, and easily the best-designed standard stateroom of any mass market/premium line currently sailing.

• Like 2

There are still many passengers who are surprised when they find out what the room configuration is.  They may like it or not but at least should know that they aren’t getting a balcony.

honestly, if Celebrity had just named them something other than Infinite VERANDAH they could have saved a lot of trouble

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Ricahdo said:

That sounds like a Guaranteed room, which will be cheaper than your choice.

On 9/7/2022 at 3:36 AM, Mark_K said:

If you’re wanting to know when ships were last refurbished, this link might serve you better.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Summary of next renovations

2022:  Only the Reflection

2023:  Only the Edge (& two of the Galapagos vessels)

2024-2026:  All other ships

I think you will love the Apex. It is a great ship.

Everyone's opinions vary, but we really loved the infinite verandas.  I appreciated the extra space in the stateroom with what is essentially a floor to ceiling, wall to wall view to the ocean and ports.  For the times we wanted a balcony we just opened the window, but honestly we tend to spend time out in deck if we want to be outside and otherwise prefer to enjoy our views in the comfort of privacy and AC!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ricahdo said:

Not sure what that means and implications if any, can you explain further please?

A guaranteed room is when you choose the category you want to sail in but do not pick the actual room. The cost is a bit less but Celebrity will assign you to a cabin.  You don't have much control over the location but you could get a higher category cabin (these are based on location) than just a basic veranda. Depending on availability you can request to be moved once you have your assigned cabin. I

• Like 1