Sorry another ArriveCAN Question

realnice46

24 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

But alas, if you were to somehow test positive in Canada (even if 10 feet inside the border) you would need to quarantine in Canado for at least 10 days (at your own expense).  Heading back across the border (into the USA) would be illegal (under Canadian rules) even if your home was right across the border.  We recently ran into this Canadian rule while planning a driving trip into Canada with some friends.  Today, we all cancelled our plans, called the Canadian B&B, whose owner was not even aware of this rule, and cancelled several thousand dollars of reservations.  No big deal for us (we will simply do an alternative trip into New England).  But we do feel sorry for the Canadian B&B and restaurants that have lost a lot of business because of this type of silly rule.  

I only post this because there is nothing "simple" about ArriveCan or the related rules!  What is simple is going to Mexico of just about anywhere in Europe.  Canada......"forget about it!"

Hank

Hlitner I always enjoy your posts, but when I say “simply” I am referring to the use of the app only. Once all the information is in it IS very simple to use. Much more so than any of the cruise line apps we’ve used in the past year. As for the rest, that’s a whole other conversation, lol.

9 hours ago, cruising teacher said:

I agree! Immigrants are poring over the US border with fentanyl and Covid. Canada is worried about two 70 something’s trying to get on a cruise ship.

Seriously😥

You miss the point of ArriveCAN app.  It allows one to enter passport, personal and vaccination data ONCE.  You then simply insert date and port of entry each time you enter Canada. Takes 2 minutes.  Makes customs and border crossing very fast.

Not sure what your drug comment has to do with ArriveCAN. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, cruising teacher said:

I agree! Immigrants are poring over the US border with fentanyl and Covid. Canada is worried about two 70 something’s trying to get on a cruise ship.

Seriously😥

Wow, just wow.  Don't worry, the next time I cross the line to my US investments I will wear a condom so we can all be safe.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, cruising teacher said:

I would never have booked this cruise had I known the stress involved! I won’t ever again book a trip anywhere near Canada 

All of this filling out forms and answering questions! Imagine what it must be like for students applying to college, loan applications, dorm room selection, and then all of the questions constantly being asked by know-it-all teachers in the classrooms or on line… Fortunately cruising is slightly less stressful. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

You have that right.  Going to Mexico in November.  Easy.  Going to New England and Canada next week and the paperwork is pure hell 

Please, it’s a simple form that should take 10 minutes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:22 PM, Hlitner said:

But alas, if you were to somehow test positive in Canada (even if 10 feet inside the border) you would need to quarantine in Canado for at least 10 days (at your own expense).  Heading back across the border (into the USA) would be illegal (under Canadian rules) even if your home was right across the border. 

1) 10 day quarantine is only mandated if you test positive on arrival on a random entry test or otherwise declare at the border that you have COVID - if you test positive at any point unrelated to the border, you fall under provincial rules instead which more often than not mirror the CDC guidelines rather than having force of law

2) it is legal to depart Canada in a private conveyance (eg personal vehicle) while under quarantine. You are only restricted from using public transportation eg planes, trains, buses. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 6:12 PM, amcco said:

It is totally confusing. I’m Canadian and believe me, we wish this would go away as well! 

Well I, for one, will not book a cruise that stops in Canada until they end this theater. I know I'm just one person, but I can't be the only one.  Maybe when the tourist dollars slow, they'll rethink this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Aoife_immortal said:

Did you see her other threads on ArriveCAN?

I just did ArriveCAN for my cruise on Friday. Took minutes, uploaded the receipt to United, done. Simple. I can't imagine limiting your vacation choices for such a reason.

Me too. Less than 5 minutes. The easiest of the hoops we have to go through these days.

• Like 3

I just downloaded the app , added mine and my husbands info . took pics of our vaccine data after enter country , dates, vaccine type. All simple . Now I log out and then log in 72 hours before we enter Canada and enter info needed. All fast and simple. You can save your basic info in the system

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

Well I, for one, will not book a cruise that stops in Canada until they end this theater. I know I'm just one person, but I can't be the only one.  Maybe when the tourist dollars slow, they'll rethink this. 

You may not be the only one, but my late July cruise out of Vancouver had the highest percentage capacity of any Celebrity sailing since restart. I was stressed about potentially being quarantined for 10 days but in the end all went well and we had a fabulous time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

Am I missing something? What paperwork?  I got the app, scanned in our passports, and uploaded pics of vaccination cards. Other than reporting entry 72 hours in advance, I’m not understanding. 

Don't ask me...I'm mystified by her. If ARRIVECan is 'pure hell', just imagine what applying for a credit card must be! 🤔

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NevadaCruiser2023 said:

I totally agree.  I am so offended that someone thinks I am racist because I find these "rules" really over the top.  Honestly, how do they know my origins.  I am so hurt by the remarks on this board.  It is very hard for me to comply with all of this, I am not that computer literate.

On 9/13/2022 at 10:52 AM, luv2cruisemore said:

If she's a teacher, I wouldn't want her anywhere near my grandkids with her racist and unsupstantiated comments. 

2 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

I totally agree.  I am so offended that someone thinks I am racist because I find these "rules" really over the top.  Honestly, how do they know my origins.  I am so hurt by the remarks on this board.  It is very hard for me to comply with all of this, I am not that computer literate.

2 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Check out spelling!  LOL

4 minutes ago, Caroldoll said:

Check out spelling!  LOL

Sorry if you misunderstood my comment. It wasn’t about you. It was about another poster who complained about “immigrants coming over the border with fentanyl and covid”. She had “teacher” in her username.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2