My Mariner credits for a recent cruise changed in the computer!

ChinaShrek

4 hours ago, Chickadee910 said:

Final statement should be still on navigator 

I did find that. Thank you. It does not include all my purchases from before the cruise started. Let's hope I can find all of those dinner reservations and shore excursions pre-booked.

3 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

I did find that. Thank you. It does not include all my purchases from before the cruise started. Let's hope I can find all of those dinner reservations and shore excursions pre-booked.

They won’t be on there 🤔. That is not part of your on board charges.  Would you really want to be charged for them again? With hal it’s a must to keep paperwork.  Hal is very bad (in my experience) with accounting.   If you don’t keep paperwork unfortunately it’s on you.   You should also bring that paperwork with you because hal never used to accept screen prints or online proof.  I don’t know if that’s changed.

8 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

They won’t be on there 🤔. That is not part of your on board charges.  Would you really want to be charged for them again? With hal it’s a must to keep paperwork.  Hal is very bad (in my experience) with accounting.   If you don’t keep paperwork unfortunately it’s on you.   You should also bring that paperwork with you because hal never used to accept screen prints or online proof.  I don’t know if that’s changed.

Every cruise our prebooked reservations for dinners and excursions were counted for the "extra days" UP TO the $ 300 per day. (SO: Hiring Private car AND buying a nice handbag or jewel in the evening IMO: 1 day extra).

55 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Every cruise our prebooked reservations for dinners and excursions were counted for the "extra days" UP TO the $ 300 per day. (SO: Hiring Private car AND buying a nice handbag or jewel in the evening IMO: 1 day extra).

I didn’t say they weren’t.  They do not appear listed on your onboard account as charges do they?  If they do you will be in trouble because you are being charged again.  I wouldn’t want to pay twice for mine. Maybe others do?

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I didn’t say they weren’t.  They do not appear listed on your onboard account as charges do they?  If they do you will be in trouble because you are being charged again.  I wouldn’t want to pay twice for mine. Maybe others do?

OK, I agree of course that those "posts"  do not appear on the on board statements. 

i just got off the phone with the Mariner Society and she quickly agreed to give me my three points back for onboard spending. She saw that it was zero currently but I'm not sure if she saw that it had been 3 originally or if she just trusted me. She did say that points often disappear and that I should check the totals frequently.

2 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

i just got off the phone with the Mariner Society and she quickly agreed to give me my three points back for onboard spending. She saw that it was zero currently but I'm not sure if she saw that it had been 3 originally or if she just trusted me. She did say that points often disappear and that I should check the totals frequently.

It was a good idea to phone instead of email.  I’ve seen all of my points disappear to reappear.  I can’t say that the spending points have disappeared.  Looks like the Mariners tracking is as good as their cruise website.

32 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

It was a good idea to phone instead of email.  I’ve seen all of my points disappear to reappear.  I can’t say that the spending points have disappeared.  Looks like the Mariners tracking is as good as their cruise website.

She wasn't surprised at all but that's the first time onboard spending has changed for me.

2 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

She did say that points often disappear and that I should check the totals frequently.

:classic_ohmy:

I’ve seen them disappear when they’re doing upgrades/updates to the web site, but never knew they could disappear randomly!  Sheesh.  

The Navigator App is convenient - however as a very frequent HAL cruiser, I recommend going to the guest desk daily (or frequently) and getting their PRINTOUT of your folio. It will show debits AND credits, which is helpful - especially if you purchased items prior to sailing. You can then cure any discrepencies as they occur vs at the end of the cruise (when the lines are long!). And Definitely.....get your PRINTED final statement on the last night or morning of your cruise, as again - it details the (mostly) final accounting of credits and debits - and allows you one last time to debate any errors. Once you leave the ship, the accounting corrections are slow and sometimes frustrating with HAL's corporate accounting department (OnBoardBilling@HollandAmerica.com). Just some good advice that we religiously follow!

7 hours ago, boze9999 said:

The Navigator App is convenient - however as a very frequent HAL cruiser, I recommend going to the guest desk daily (or frequently) and getting their PRINTOUT of your folio. It will show debits AND credits, which is helpful - especially if you purchased items prior to sailing. You can then cure any discrepencies as they occur vs at the end of the cruise (when the lines are long!). And Definitely.....get your PRINTED final statement on the last night or morning of your cruise, as again - it details the (mostly) final accounting of credits and debits - and allows you one last time to debate any errors. Once you leave the ship, the accounting corrections are slow and sometimes frustrating with HAL's corporate accounting department (OnBoardBilling@HollandAmerica.com). Just some good advice that we religiously follow!

I’m not sure I understand your post.  I see debits and credits online?

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m not sure I understand your post.  I see debits and credits online?

We usually have a lot pre-purchased items @Florida_gal_50 some purchases get full credit back and others partial and sometimes (as we all know) HAL incorrectly charges you for something on board and you are due credit. I find the running detail on a printed daily invoice from the front desk is more timely and more detailed than the Navigator app. This is especially so on the final bill where we've almost always had an invoice which needs correcting and beneficially, with a printed final invoice you have the entire cruise folio in paper vs the app (which zeros out after a period of time). 

• Thanks 1

The app will usually retain the full expenditures until you cruise again.  It seems to be able to hold only a single statement.   There is a function where you can have that statement emailed to you as a pdf if you want a permanent record 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I just checked my Navigator and my statements from 2015 through 2022 are there.

Exactly.  Me too.  I don’t understand the selective information some seem to have.  Maybe people are using a flip phone 😛😉.

Edited by Florida_gal_50