LIVE FROM Royal Princess Alaska September 17-24

ceilidh1

1 minute ago, ceilidh1 said:

We had the 50% elite wifi discount available to pre purchase on the app. Kids life jackets are provided by cabin steward - just ask when you get to your room

Oh I should have been more clear. In my head I meant if there’s any at the pools. Sorry about that! 

After dinner we went to get some pictures taken ( remember we have the upgraded premiere package with photos). It said they would be on decks 5/6/7 but were actually only on deck 6. Then we went to welcome aboard trivia hosted by Guido. We didn’t suck but didn’t win. I have enough coasters, so all good. Now about to watch the comedian.

All of these drinks are adult beverages.  

A.  You are making up for 3 full days of work.

B.  You are trying to show us samples before you lose internet service.

C.  You are testing the 16 drink limit.

D.  You are making Princess "pay" for not having your account accurate when boarded.

E.  BFF

F.  All of the above.  

You are off to a great start.  

Thanks for keeping us updated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Comedian was ok. 50% of jokes were funny. One thing I need to say. I have sailed with kids for 15 years, ranging from less than 1 to 15! If we went to shows or dinner or anywhere and they started doing anything to inconvenience other passengers, we left. Period. The couple behind us at the theatre with the 2 year old obviously did not get that memo. 

• Like 3

Interesting note. It doesn’t look as if we have a cruise director in this sailing. We have had the entertainment director doing announcements at the theatre and cruise staff doing game shows but no sign or mention of cruise director 

59 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Interesting note. It doesn’t look as if we have a cruise director in this sailing. We have had the entertainment director doing announcements at the theatre and cruise staff doing game shows but no sign or mention of cruise director 

Could be his day off and you will hear from him tomorrow (unless is is not around due to Covid).

Cruise Directors or other staffers don’t have a day off.  More likely Covid, illness, or injury.  One day my Assistant Manager went missing during a port day…..all meals.  He had to get off the ship to attend to an injury.  Unless there is a major emergency, they are there every day when passengers are present.  It’s a tough job.  

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

In case you’re wondering why there are only three meals…BFF has been sat on the balcony talking on the phone to a friend for the past three hours. She passed on joining us for dinner. I’ll let it pass for now but I sure as heck didn’t bring her along to sit and talk on the phone the whole time 

You bring her on a cruise to be with a friend and she spends three hours on the phone talking to another friend!?!?!?!?
Might have to teach her how rude that is!

• Like 6

Thank you so much for this live thread! I love seeing every detail, from food pics to menus to the Elite letters and Covid protocols. We are still debating sailing again and it would be on the Royal so this is perfect. Keep up the great work! We are excitedly following along with you. 

• Like 1

We headed back to the room around 10:30 last night and I unceremoniously told BFF to hang up the darned phone. There will be a “chat” with her today. I did not win anything with Princess Prizes on my return to the room last night.

Observation about the room. I have never noticed the motion sensor lights before. Are they new? They drove me nuts last night as every time DS turned over, his sheet would trigger the light. Talking of sheets, the ones on these beds seem particularly crisp/new and they make a crinkling noise each time you move. Did I mention that DS is the most restless sleeper in the world? Lol. Despite that, I had a great sleep and love the Princess beds so much. The room was very quiet - not sure if there is anyone in the connecting room, but I didn’t hear a sound all night

• Like 3

Just now, rocklinmom said:

I noticed in your cabin photo that there is a connecting door. So Royal has connecting cabins? That would be great for us as we are 5 people. We have only sailed on the "smaller" Princess ships so this was never an option. 

Yes we are in a connecting room. I heard no noise from there whatsoever. I’m not even sure there is anyone in there

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I noticed in your cabin photo that there is a connecting door. So Royal has connecting cabins? That would be great for us as we are 5 people. We have only sailed on the "smaller" Princess ships so this was never an option. 

Yes we are in a connecting room. I heard no noise from there whatsoever. I’m not even sure there is anyone in there

47 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Observation about the room. I have never noticed the motion sensor lights before. Are they new? They drove me nuts last night as every time DS turned over, his sheet would trigger the light. Talking of sheets, the ones on these beds seem particularly crisp/new and they make a crinkling noise each time you move. Did I mention that DS is the most restless sleeper in the world? Lol. Despite that, I had a great sleep and love the Princess beds so much. The room was very quiet - not sure if there is anyone in the connecting room, but I didn’t hear a sound all night

We noticed the motion sensor lights on our June Majestic cruise.