LIVE FROM Royal Princess Alaska September 17-24

ceilidh1

At Sitka your kids, and you, may enjoy the Sitka Raptor Center and Fortress of the Bear. If you take the shuttle into town you can walk by the marina and head to the Totem Pole Park. There are some great trails to walk on there. In town the New Archangel Store has good fudge! 

Karen

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

At Sitka your kids, and you, may enjoy the Sitka Raptor Center and Fortress of the Bear. If you take the shuttle into town you can walk by the marina and head to the Totem Pole Park. There are some great trails to walk on there. In town the New Archangel Store has good fudge! 

Karen

+1 on the Raptor Center and Fortress of the Bear.  Both are sanctuaries and very interesting.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Hands up if you remember the days when Princess buffet was 24/7…

We went up at 10:45pm. All closed up. Only food options at this time are international cafe or room service 

Yup remember when the buffet was still open after the last show (9 - 9.30 pm) and yes cruise on Coral a week ago, buffet was closed.   So we decided to go early to dinner (about 5.30 pm) which allowed us to go to the first show at 7.30 and gave us time to go up to the buffet for a cup of tea.   I could have had room service but I was quite happy to go to the buffet.   However, I do like the dining where you turn up at around your time and you generally sit with different people every night - loved that.    So some things are good and some, not so.   

• Like 1

Sitka is cloudy and overcast. Not sure if we will get off or not - don’t really fancy sitting on a packed shuttle bus for the 15 minute ride into town. We have been here a few times before and done the raptor centre, the small aquarium, and the town so might just stay on.

D8E3AA15-4820-4B0A-ABEB-3D4FCF0362FE.jpeg

FE94B318-EDB1-41D5-B674-2AD638FF2C1B.jpeg

FE8B041C-57F5-4BE1-85D1-63F993013507.jpeg

A6A1A96E-2466-4CA4-970E-1179551B2E22.jpeg

BC7543BA-4F2C-4214-AA6E-7DFAAC34EDA9.jpeg

The ordering system on the app is down again. Been waiting on a drink for half hour and not getting past order placed point. It’s next to impossible to find an open bar right now. I think just Good Spirits, which is a trek from where we are sitting 

• Like 1

Relaxing, chill day today so not a whole lot to post about. We stayed on the ship, played lots of games, failed at trivia, and had lunch at Alfredo’s. We checked out the Colours of the World production show, though we have seen it many times. It’s one of the ones we enjoy. We then got some more pictures taken (cashing in on this premiere package) and DS went to kids club. The girls went back to the room to chill before our dinner at Crown Grill later. I parked myself at the Princess Live bar and am being spoiled by the amazing bar staff. I know I mentioned earlier about my conundrum over tipping as I had paid extra grats on the premium drink package but not able to find any premium drinks. Well, these Barstaff deserve every extra tip I give them!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rwest898 said:

I may have missed it, and if I did sorry for asking again, how is your daughter's friend enjoying her cruise?

Well, we have good times and bad times. It’s tough with someone else’s kid as things my kids would never dream of doing seem to be the norm for this kid and it horrifies me. I don’t have too many rules but basic stuff like no screens at the dinner table or when watching shows…Anyways, all she really wants to do is sit in the room and be on her phone so I’ve pretty much left her to it.

• Like 1

After dinner I sat at the Princess Live bar and caught up with my friends, who are also on this sailing. Fun fact… 12 years ago we met while working shore side for Princess Cruises (back in the day when Princess employed their own shore staff rather than contract it out). We chatted and drank and were well taken care of by the bar staff. Before we knew it, it was well after midnight! Who knew Princess could keep going so late!?!

On my return to the room, Princess Prizes informed me I had won $25 onboard credit, so even if I don’t get refunded the $29 for BFFs crown grill reservation, I’m pretty much even…

• Like 11

Sorry for your daughter, her BBF might not be her BBF now.  This girl needs to

know gratitude and how lucky to be on a cruise. Was she not taught manners

You say no Phone means no phone. She's a guest of yours.

How is the Covid on the ship? Know had the breakout and told to wear masks.

Since most aren't, is there still a lot of covid on the ship? Rest of your cruise then the three day--

cruise then SF and our cruise. Since I think it still on the ship (hope less) and people not wearing

masks--think I will to be safe. The crew still wearing theirs.

Thank you for writing each day and telling us about the ship and food. The pros and cons

of the different things on the ship. Glad you're enjoying yourself and had a good time with

old friends.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Well, we have good times and bad times. It’s tough with someone else’s kid as things my kids would never dream of doing seem to be the norm for this kid and it horrifies me. I don’t have too many rules but basic stuff like no screens at the dinner table or when watching shows…Anyways, all she really wants to do is sit in the room and be on her phone so I’ve pretty much left her to it.

Well thats too bad, here she is on a cruise experiencing something new and that is how she acts. I guess she will not be getting another invite.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Anyways, all she really wants to do is sit in the room and be on her phone so I’ve pretty much left her to it.

What a shame!! Especially refusing to come to dinner, when you'd already paid the upcharge. Unbelievable.

3 hours ago, Belle said:

Sorry for your daughter, her BBF might not be her BBF now. 

I was kind of wondering about this, too.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yikes, I guess this friend won’t be invited on another vacation with you.Wow and refused crown grill ! I feel for all of you. Time for another drink.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2