Epic Stateroom Bathroom

JMT2568

When you have to get up in the middle of the night, do you need to turn on a light or is there a plug for a small nightlight?

Just trying to figure out if everyone in the room will be waking up if you use the bathroom.

Thanks 

1 minute ago, JMT2568 said:

When you have to get up in the middle of the night, do you need to turn on a light or is there a plug for a small nightlight?

Just trying to figure out if everyone in the room will be waking up if you use the bathroom.

Thanks 

Take a battery operated small light for that purpose!

15 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

There is usually at least one plug in the head. 

Epic has a capsule type bathroom. There is no plug in there (balcony aft room that I had). Best bet is to buy a battery operated night light, or a flashlight, or even battery operated tea light candles if you don't want to turn on the main light.  Amazon has some sensor lights with built in magnet. You can stick it to the wall.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mauitiki said:

Epic has a capsule type bathroom. There is no plug in there (balcony aft room that I had). Best bet is to buy a battery operated night light, or a flashlight, or even battery operated tea light candles if you don't want to turn on the main light.  Amazon has some sensor lights with built in magnet. You can stick it to the wall.

Ah yes.  Epic.  Sorry missed that.

Then after reviewing some of the videos available, it appears the Epic lavatory areas are missing other things too.  Like ....... walls ....... etcetera.

So perhaps missing a proper plug will be the least of worries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JMT2568 said:

Thanks 

Everyone in the room may wake up if you use the bathroom,  but it's not because of a light.  Depending on the configuration of the cabin,  if someone is in bed,  there head is right next to the toilet.

Kinda like camping, bring a flashlight.  the only difference is the toilet is right next to the bed so the sights and sounds wake you up, not to mention there is no place to wash your hands without touching the door to get out of the toilet booth, so unless you are washing the door handle after you wash your hands, whatever mess you may make on the handle remains there for your traveling companion.  what fun!

Just now, dolfan1980 said:

Isn't this what cell phone camera lights were invented for?  😛

Yes and those individual packets of moistened towelettes just in case one needs to immediately wash their hands rather than contaminate the toilet booth.

41 minutes ago, ALKID said:

Yes and those individual packets of moistened towelettes just in case one needs to immediately wash their hands rather than contaminate the toilet booth.

It's just like using the facilities in a public restroom. There is no sink in the stalls where the toilet is (unless it is an accessible toilet). Walk to the sink and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer right after using the toilet. Easy peasy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

It's just like using the facilities in a public restroom. There is no sink in the stalls where the toilet is (unless it is an accessible toilet). Walk to the sink and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer right after using the toilet. Easy peasy.

It’s disgusting and a stupid idea.  In fact the whole design of the ship was a disaster.  Maybe thats why they cancelled orders for more just like it…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Lets not forget that the Penthouse Suites on all of the Dawn and Jewel class ships are also set up this way. Yet somehow this was never a problem until the Epic was built...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jezabel80 said:

Everyone in the room may wake up if you use the bathroom,  but it's not because of a light.  Depending on the configuration of the cabin,  if someone is in bed,  there head is right next to the toilet.

hmm... I wonder if my white noise app on my phone helps here..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ALKID said:

It’s disgusting and a stupid idea.  In fact the whole design of the ship was a disaster.  Maybe thats why they cancelled orders for more just like it…

We have stayed in multiple boutique hotels set up the same way. We have sailed on the Epic 7 times and hand absolutely no problems. How many times have you sailed on the Epic?

Edited by BirdTravels

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We have stayed in multiple boutique hotels set up the same way. We have sailed on the Epic 7 times and hand absolutely no problems. How many times have you sailed on the Epic?

Yep, never been a problem. There are ways to be sanitary when using the bathroom. And the bed location isn't always an issue either. I like the Epic. I havent figured out what all the fuss is about the bathroom. We've been just fine in the Epic cabins. There have not been any crisis because of the bathroom set up. 🙂🛳

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yet another epic Epic bathroom thread.  Some of us grew up on a farm.  We have stellar immune systems and aren't terrified by the idea of trace amounts of urine or feces on whatever surface is in question.  That's the world we live in.  💩happens.  🤣

Some of us still live on a farm. 🙂

I can't tell you the amount of times I've had naturally occurring substances all over me. 

• Haha 1

If you are sailing on Epic, try to get a room with the bed by the balcony. That way the sink area is not right at the foot of the bed. The toilet is in a compartment with a door, plus there is a curtain you can pull across for more privacy and sound muting. Last cruise we used a small battery powered tealight that we put in the bathroom, plus I always bring a small flashlight that I keep on the nightstand and use to find my way.

For our next trip my husband got some magnetic, battery powered sensor lights to try. We tested them out already at home and they work great. I think I will like the new lights better because they do not twinkle like the tealights we have. Ultimately, I find it difficult to get up at night without bothering the hubby. 

I only ever questioned the cleanliness of the curtain where you touch it to pull across. Just wash your hands after  touching it and you will be fine. The sink is not in the area behind the curtain, it is more into the main cabin space so you can washup after touching anything questionable. 

• Like 2