Is Carnival really going to….

TRAYSEE

On 9/25/2022 at 6:47 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Exactly! Certainly will be minor changes, nothing drastic at all.

Charges for items already exist. I think many don't get that as well, or they forgot that we're already paying.

20220925-182837.jpg

20220925-182854.jpg

I'm quoting this to bring the copy of the old menu down to the vicinity of the new one, for easier comparing/contrasting.  Thanks to both ObstructedView@ for posting the old menu, and Honolulu Blue for posting the new!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other than the charges for the once-included items, the only difference I see so far is that the new menu no longer offers a BLT.  So, we lost a sandwich option.

ETA: I found another difference: the addition of the brownie.  So, we lost a sandwich but gained a dessert.

Edited by ShakyBeef

A few more things missing, too.  Portabella Veggie Bun, Omelette and Fries, Grilled Cheese Bacon and Tomato, and Banana Split (which my DDs sometimes order🙁).  Ugh, I'm going to stop comparing and contrasting, now.  It's just bringing me down.☹️

Well, an extremely limited Room Service menu is still better than no Room Service menu.  I guess I should just be thankful it didn't go away entirely.😐

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Other than the charges for the once-included items, the only difference I see so far is that the new menu no longer offers a BLT.  So, we lost a sandwich option.

ETA: I found another difference: the addition of the brownie.  So, we lost a sandwich but gained a dessert.

That super sucks, my hubby fell in love with the BLT's on our wedding/honeymoon cruises.

• Like 1

I cruised for almost 20 years before using room service. I do enjoy having coffee delivered on port days to avoid the crowds. I always thought it was nice to be free, but every hotel I have stayed in charged for room service and it wasn't inexpensive. I don't mind paying a nominal fee for a convenience 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

The charge for otherwise complementary drinks is annoying to me, but otherwise on a quick glance it doesn't seem too bad. (Like @ShakyBeef I'm not going to look extra closely)

ETA: I looked a little closer 😞 It's pretty disappointing.

You shouldn't have done that, dude.😟  Couldn't you have learned from my mistake?🤣

But, heck, I can't blame you.  Even I can't learn from my mistake.🙄  I keep going back and looking.  Morbid curiosity, I guess.

Spoiler:  Each time I go back and look again, it gets worse, never better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

A few more things missing, too.  Portabella Veggie Bun, Omelette and Fries, Grilled Cheese Bacon and Tomato, and Banana Split (which my DDs sometimes order🙁).  Ugh, I'm going to stop comparing and contrasting, now.  It's just bringing me down.☹️

Well, an extremely limited Room Service menu is still better than no Room Service menu.  I guess I should just be thankful it didn't go away entirely.😐

Nah, It's a complete letdown, no way to sugar coat it. Nothing expansive at all, I was really hoping for more diner type options all day: omelets, pancakes, french toast, burgers, potatoes/hash browns, steak option, chicken option, milkshakes, seafood option(s), fish and chips at least. Basically, a Denny's type menu with a variety beyond a few sandwiches. They have nice variety menu and can do it round the clock with not a large staff or huge kitchen. Other lines have good options, Carnival could too. They got everyone excited and then delivered diminished product and price increases packaged as some kind of benefit change for passengers. Unreal. I'm a huge fan of the brand and even I think this is some bull nonsense.        

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Well at least they're being consistent in trying to perpetuate the "bacon shortage" myth.

The BLT had converted to a TBLT during the very real 30% increase in pork prices. With a relatively strong dollar, pork exports have dropped, so prices seem to be following.

6 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

I'm sad, the BLT was my drunk munchie at night! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pirate4me2 said:

I'm sad, the BLT was my drunk munchie at night! 

It gets sadder.  That post of mine you quoted was from this morning, before I looked a little deeper into the menu changes.  The brownie isn't really an addition.  Brownies were already available on the old menu.  As far as I can see, no additions (except salmon available for an extra charge on the extra charge Caesar Salad).  And there is A LOT more missing than just the BLT.  Sorry.  I feel your pain.  Some of my family's favourites are now gone, too.

20 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My DH ordered a BLT from Room Service over our Labor Day cruise (still free) and when it arrived, he said "it has Turkey on it.  I ordered a BLT"  He ate it anyway.😉

Supposed to be turkey bacon, which in theory, is healthier. No extra charge!

• Like 1