Currently sailing Riviera. Boarded 9/14 in Istanbul…End 10/3 in Barcelona

JoePDX

Tomorrow is our last day on board.  Palma de Mallorca.  We arrive at 1:00, 2 hours later than originally planned due to all the itinerary changes. 

Packing started tonight. ☹️

Jeff and I both retire next year.  🎉🎉🎉

So I booked a spring east bound (21 nights) and a fall west bound (25 nights) transatlantic both on Sirena.   Current bonus is $300 OBC per booking for current or the booked cruise.

Only two more times to see how terrible the sticky buns are.   And no, I have not yet exploded.

Departure delayed tonight by 45 minutes as two passengers failed to show up on time for their facial recognition.  Talked to Captain in the elevator and he said they got on the wrong boat…I guess he meant tender as we were only ship at anchor…. 😳

A great cruise.   Exceptional crew providing overall outstanding service.   

Life has been good on Riviera.   

Joe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, JoePDX said:

My husband witnessed a passenger screaming at her Butler in the hallway about the changes…I know it  can be disappointing but really!!! 

Joe

Joe, Glad you're having a good time (or HAD a good time) even with port changes ...but screaming at a butler because of port changes????? Geez, louise, that's crazy.

Starting to think about private tours for our end of August 2023 cruise on VISTA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoePDX said:

Jeff and I both retire next year.  🎉🎉🎉

So I booked a spring east bound (21 nights) and a fall west bound (25 nights) transatlantic both on Sirena.   Current bonus is $300 OBC per booking for current or the booked cruise.

Does it mean they don’t offer onboard booking discount of the cruise fare anymore? Or $300 OBC is additional to the fare discount.

Have a safe flight home.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:36 PM, JoePDX said:

Hi All -

Sorry been having too much fun to post.   

We missed Rhodes and Livorno due to weather.   ☹️ Also due to weather we are heading to Marseille tomorrow which was originally scheduled for 10/1. We should have been in Villefranche which was subbed for Monaco.    According to Captain, tendering in Villefranche would have been too dangerous with 3-6 foot sea rises.   We are supposed to go the Villefranche on 10/1.   We will arrive Marseille tomorrow at 11 and depart at 8pm.   There will be no ships tours…and limited shuttles so not sure what most will do.  We had a private tour for Marseille with another couple on the ship - he is trying to get it rescheduled to tomorrow.

My husband witnessed a passenger screaming at her Butler in the hallway about the changes…I know it  can be disappointing but really!!!  

Food has been very good to excellent.  Service really great..the crew are so amazing.

Some random things:

Olive oil cart presented in Toscana without asking.

The sticky buns have been so terrible I have had to try them every day.   

Red Ginger has been our favorite.

We have done all private tours.   I will post details of guides when I get home.   Some have been superb!

Riviera is in good shape.   I am sure you can n find wear and tear but nothing glaring.

Fabulous is on board for those who may have sailed with her.

A tip:   The virgin Pina Coladas at the pool bar are AMAZING!

Some amazing crew to mention:   Natalia, Barbara, Evo, Ronnie, Luzele, Byron, Ian.   And so many more.  We are pampered everywhere.

Joe

Sounds good to me.

On 10/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, osandomir said:

Does it mean they don’t offer onboard booking discount of the cruise fare anymore? Or $300 OBC is additional to the fare discount.

Have a safe flight home.

Not sure about this cruise but onboard Regatta last month we booked and received an onboard savings ($ value differed per category), a reduced deposit as well as a $300 Shipboard Credit that you had the option of taking on your current or a future 'new' voyage.  We took the future 'new' voyage as well as best price guarantee in case booked cruise fare decreases (not likely).

49 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Not sure about this cruise but onboard Regatta last month we booked and received an onboard savings ($ value differed per category), a reduced deposit as well as a $300 Shipboard Credit that you had the option of taking on your current or a future 'new' voyage.  We took the future 'new' voyage as well as best price guarantee in case booked cruise fare decreases (not likely).

Thank you. That’s in line with the onboard booking pre-covid. It’s also some OBC increase, used to be $100 in the past.

We’re boarding in November and looking forward to booking a new cruise. Always book something onboard the ship. Hopefully, winter 2024-25 schedule will be out by then.

11 hours ago, osandomir said:

Thank you. That’s in line with the onboard booking pre-covid. It’s also some OBC increase, used to be $100 in the past.

We’re boarding in November and looking forward to booking a new cruise. Always book something onboard the ship. Hopefully, winter 2024-25 schedule will be out by then.

I think the 24/25 will be out earlier...

so you can use the 30 day pre cruising rule and get the same perks as you would by booking on board....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, osandomir said:

Are they not online now??

I am seeing cruises nov/Dec  2024

On 10/2/2022 at 3:45 AM, osandomir said:

Have a safe flight home.

Cruise discount offered too.   In our case $500 off each cruise based on the Oceanview category we picked and both being over 20 nights.    

I took the OBCs for the current cruise and we actually received $500 OBC for each cruise booking.   Plus one of the cruises qualified for pre paid gratuities.   Once I transfer to TA we will get a rebate from her agency as well.

I am very pleased.

Joe

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 2:39 AM, Mura said:

Joe, Glad you're having a good time (or HAD a good time) even with port changes ...but screaming at a butler because of port changes????? Geez, louise, that's crazy.

Starting to think about private tours for our end of August 2023 cruise on VISTA.

Hi Mura -

We had a great time.   Disembarked this morning-already seems like ages ago!    We met suck great people and so many amazing crew.

Joe

Edited by JoePDX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

Joe, thank you for your posts.

my better half had a question about fresh fruit available in the mornings , specifically blue berries .

any chance you remember what was offered 

Hi roberts2005 -

Blueberries and blackberries were available daily.    Also strawberries although they were sliced in half.    Additionally watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, kiwi, grapefruit, orange, and I am sure more.   I had watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberries just about daily.   All perfectly fresh.

Joe

6 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

Hi roberts2005 -

Blueberries and blackberries were available daily.    Also strawberries although they were sliced in half.    Additionally watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, kiwi, grapefruit, orange, and I am sure more.   I had watermelon, cantaloupe and strawberries just about daily.   All perfectly fresh.

Joe

Thanks, DW will be happy

5 hours ago, JoePDX said:

Hi roberts2005 -

Joe

We had all these also on Regatta, as well as raspberries, but I'm not a raspberry fan. Also had bananas and pineapples, but that's all covered under where JoePDX said "and I am sure more."

• Like 1