Captain Club Elite and Plus level current practice .

Midwest Sunseeker

The breakfast is a continental breakfast, no cooked food, serve between 8 and 10 AM.  There are juices, fruits, meats, cheeses, pastries, coffees and teas, Bellini’s and Bloody Mary’s usually served in one of the specialty restaurants 

The evening happy hour is not a single event at a single location. During the hours from 5 to 7, you can order drinks from the Captains Club happy hour menu at various bars around the ship. Probably not important if you have a beverage package, but if you don’t, it is an opportunity for two hours of free soft drinks, cocktails and a limited selection of wines.

• Like 1

On S class ships the Elite Coffeehouse is usually in Tuscan with great views out the big AFT windows.  It stays open later than the MDR for breakfast.  If we have an early breakfast in the buffet we sometimes come in just for special coffees when we don't have the drink package.  The fresh juices and smoothies here are good also.

• Like 2

BC2A19C7-3826-48E1-8846-DA31DEB2FECC.thumb.jpeg.93e95f17f810b15c88199ee3895b657e.jpeg

Above

We used to order a Smoked Salmon platter each and a fruit platter to share in Tuscan at the Elite breakfast.

Below

The Elite Cocktail menu. There are some Premium drinks included.

1D0F46DC-57E8-4C11-A6F2-0953FA4DB651.thumb.jpeg.bff58a9203a7a759d15cf7fc196d474a.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

2 hours ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

Would a current cruiser please comment on if the Captains club Elite and Plus members now have  "Access to exclusive daily coffee house-style breakfast and Evening Cocktail Hour"?  What is your current experience is with attending these events?  Thank you.

Attendance at the breakfast varies from "just a handful" to "packed out" on longer cruises/sea days. On Transatlantic's it is usually so packed it spills from Tuscan into Quisine - it's our favourite way to start the day.

10 minutes ago, marieps said:

We used to frequent the cocktail hour back in the day before packages and before they just made it available at the bars.  Too bad that bit of socializing is no more.

You can still socialize at the bars, martini bar and the pool bars are very popular at 5pm on sea days.

This is great news.  Have only had the drink package on past cruises, so never paid attention. But my next cruise was a comp from Blue Chip Club, so has no perks. But we are Elite, so it is going to come in handy!  

25 minutes ago, MCazer said:

This is great news.  Have only had the drink package on past cruises, so never paid attention. But my next cruise was a comp from Blue Chip Club, so has no perks. But we are Elite, so it is going to come in handy!  

Just remember Elite happy hour isn't available embarkation day and you can't order drinks from the dining room. 

2 hours ago, marieps said:

We used to frequent the cocktail hour back in the day before packages and before they just made it available at the bars.  Too bad that bit of socializing is no more.

We miss it too. We generally have a beverage package and cruise in suites but we still would enjoy one or two evenings at the Captains Club cocktail hour…Always such a ‘social event’.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Just remember Elite happy hour isn't available embarkation day and you can't order drinks from the dining room. 

Good to know!  We will be also bringing some wine onboard, and are ready, willing and able to spring for some drinks!  Cruise is only costing us $418 for Aqua Suite. So we are way ahead of the game! Woo Hoo!

Just now, MCazer said:

Good to know!  We will be also bringing some wine onboard, and are ready, willing and able to spring for some drinks!  Cruise is only costing us $418 for Aqua Suite. So we are way ahead of the game! Woo Hoo!

We're doing the same thing except in Feb. and since both me and my husband received the offer we booked two rooms and mt sister and her husband will be coming along. Precruise hotels booked, along with airfare that was crazy expensive from the East Coast. Luckily we all got an OK rate since it's even more now. I was lamenting that it would have been nicer if that particular offer was for FL cruises but I checked airfare for the same week (Last full week of Feb, holiday week on the East Coast for many public schools) and it was MORE money to fly from the NY area to FL than NY to LA!!!!

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

We're doing the same thing except in Feb. and since both me and my husband received the offer we booked two rooms and mt sister and her husband will be coming along. Precruise hotels booked, along with airfare that was crazy expensive from the East Coast. Luckily we all got an OK rate since it's even more now. I was lamenting that it would have been nicer if that particular offer was for FL cruises but I checked airfare for the same week (Last full week of Feb, holiday week on the East Coast for many public schools) and it was MORE money to fly from the NY area to FL than NY to LA!!!!

I'm going the first week in March. Got R/T from JFK to LAX and transport back to LAX after Cruise for $770 (for 2 of us), using Celebrity Air, which I don't need to pay for until December!  We are renting a car, so don't need transport to the port.  Going a few days early, but haven't booked anything yet for those nights. 

Just now, MCazer said:

I'm going the first week in March. Got R/T from JFK to LAX and transport back to LAX after Cruise for $770 (for 2 of us), using Celebrity Air, which I don't need to pay for until December!  We are renting a car, so don't need transport to the port.  Going a few days early, but haven't booked anything yet for those nights. 

That's a great price. It's at least $100 more the previous week, on some airlines that's the price for 1 tkt!

We' using FF miles but my sister paid cash, Jetblue flights. Using points for pre-cruise hotel.

Thank you for all the information.  This is just the kind of information I wanted.  The breakfast and cocktail party were what kept us coming back to Celebrity.  We loved meeting cruise regulars in the evening.  We will miss that.  It sounds like the Breakfast is still a wonderful way to start the day.  Thank you and happy cruising. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, stuandme said:

I have made a few lovely friends from the evening cocktail hours for Elite Plus, and will miss the opportunity from now on...So sad that this has been cancelled.

We are very disappointed those lovely gathering hours are no longer part of Celebrity offerings.  Recently on the Equinox we went to the Sky Lounge at 5:00ish every day and it was absolutely depressing.  Very few people, no music, one bartender, no snacks, and most of all no camaraderie with fellow experienced travelers.  The views from the Sky Lounge are absolutely amazing and a great place to spend time.  Hopefully, they will remain intact on the 

M & S Class ships and all passengers can still have a forward facing view from the ship.

• Like 3

I am an elite CC level and am cruising with my sister-in-law with no status.  Will she have the elite benefits like I do?  Will she be able to enter the breakfast at Tuscan?  What about the captain’s cocktail hour from 5-7?  

7 minutes ago, KY Deb said:

I am an elite CC level and am cruising with my sister-in-law with no status.  Will she have the elite benefits like I do?  Will she be able to enter the breakfast at Tuscan?  What about the captain’s cocktail hour from 5-7?  

If she is in your cabin with you, she -might- be able to enjoy the breakfast in Tuscan, but I hope someone else confirms or corrects me on that.  I'm all but certain that she does not get to enjoy the cocktail hour benefit in any case (again, here's hoping someone confirms or corrects me on that).