Refund of prepaid Shore Excursions

BVILady

We had to cancel our cruise due to Covid and I called Royal Caribbean to inquire about refund of our prepaid shore excursions since we had booked and paid them directly on their website and the gentleman answering promised for us to get the refund for the prepaid shore excursions within 30-45 days, which did not happen. After calling them I had called our TA we booked the cruise with to cancel the cruise itself and she gave us an e-mail-address for a gentleman at Royal Caribbean to send the positive Covid results too and she stayed online waiting for him to receive the results. I have meanwhile received the refund for the cruise but not the excursions. I have been e-mailing the person at Royal Caribbean I had sent the covid results too and the TA inquiring about my refund. The e-mails to the TA bounce back that she is not listed on their employee list (either she is not there any longer or their e-mail account is experiencing problems)  and I get no response from Royal. Have been on the phone with an agent from Royal yesterday for 40 minutes to inquire, she took my phone-# in case we get disconnected. We did get disconnected and that has been it, no call back, no refund. That is about $ 2000 - what to do next, not willing to write it off. Why charge these services to the credit card before delivering them. I am booked on a World Cruise with Costa and only will have to pay on board when I do take the excursions.

Email mbayley@rccl.com . Someone at the executive office should respond within a couple of days.

The problem with contacting your credit card is it depends on how long since you paid.  There is a time limit to requesting assistance from the credit card company. 

Edited by njkruzer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Email mbayley@rccl.com . Someone at the executive office should respond within a couple of days.

The problem with contacting your credit card is it depends on how long since you paid.  There is a time limit to requesting assistance from the credit card company. 

Yes, as said email Bayley. When I had 4 separate issues in July similar to above after I sent an email on a Sat Nite they got back with me Monday noon and received my $$$ back in 3 days. May not get results as fast but does expedite resolving problem.

Edited by ONECRUISER

23 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

I’ve always cancelled on line and repaid straight away. Are you too late to do that?

Not possible after cancelling a cruise.  OP was cancelling due to covid so likely was too late to do anything online.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much, I will give mbayley a try. I had been told when I called that I will get a refund for the booked excursion, so it looks like it has been possible after cancelling due to Covid. I also had received the refund for the cruise itself. So hoping for the best. It is too late to claim it from the Credit Card now. Just love cruisecritic and all it's helpful members.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You can no longer make a Covid claim with Royal if you can’t board. 

Has RCI stated this somewhere officially? The latest published policy seemed to suggest refunds for a positive COVID test through April 2023.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Has RCI stated this somewhere officially? The latest published policy seemed to suggest refunds for a positive COVID test through April 2023.

Thanks @Biker19 i had not known about the April '23 policy, I should retract my statement

There have ben several posts lately however intimating that passengers testing positive were kinda out of luck, could have been overly dramatic posts however.

Edited by not-enough-cruising