Prima TA 9/23/22 to 10/5/22 Semi-Live, Not

JIMESOPUS

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Need to make reservations, they were checking and did turned people away .. but it's free

Do you know if Haven guests need to make reservations as well. Or do they have a designated area for them like other ships.  

1 minute ago, Mom2kmo said:

Do you know if Haven guests need to make reservations as well. Or do they have a designated area for them like other ships.  

Haven guests need reservations for the Specialty Restaurants (like any other guests)!.

However, you may book reservations at 130 days, vs 125 or 120 for everyone else! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

The theater can accomodate 700 people when all seats are out.

You don´t have to purchase any tickets. The shows are for free. But you are highly advised to make reservations in advance at the box office. And BTW shows are free on the Epic too. They cancel all reservations 10 min prior to the show and then you can just walk in (if there are still seats available).

steamboats

When we were on the Epic, reservations were needed and Blue Man Group was free.  However, Cirque d' Soleil was not free.

2 hours ago, Mom2kmo said:

2 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Haven guests need reservations for the Specialty Restaurants (like any other guests)!.

However, you may book reservations at 130 days, vs 125 or 120 for everyone else! 

I believe that Mom2kmo was asking if Haven guests needed to make reservations for the shows in the showroom and if there was a designated roped off area similar to other ships in the fleet

3 hours ago, Mom2kmo said:

I have seen them walked in, Haven section over filled the night we where there

how does the new food court work?

just show up and hope the restaurant you want to eat at has a seat available?

what if it doesnt?

is there a hostess for each restaurant? will they put your name on a waiting list and give you a beeper?

Edited by fstuff1

Just now, fstuff1 said:

what if it doesnt?

is there a hostess for each restaurant? will they put your name on a waiting list and give you a beeper?

It is one large area with multiple tables. First come, first served. Each table has a tablet with the food listed for every venue. As an example, you can order a salad from The Garden, Chicken Tikka from Tamara, tapas from the truck, etc. It all comes within minutes. If you only want items from one venue, you can sit directly at their counter. Lunch and dinner have different menus. We eat there almost daily and all is complementary. Food in all the restaurants has been great.

• Like 1

Earlier you mentioned deck 9 and 10 balconies and if you don't mind being watched....I think that's how you put it. Can you tell me how bad that is? We are on deck 10 starboard side. Are these balconies not very private? 

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

It is one large area with multiple tables. First come, first served. Each table has a tablet with the food listed for every venue. As an example, you can order a salad from The Garden, Chicken Tikka from Tamara, tapas from the truck, etc. It all comes within minutes. If you only want items from one venue, you can sit directly at their counter. Lunch and dinner have different menus. We eat there almost daily and all is complementary. Food in all the restaurants has been great.

Is the food delivered to your table or do you have to go up and get it? Delivery would help with the solo traveler buffet issue of losing your table when you go get something else.

1 hour ago, Zippeedee said:

Is the food delivered to your table or do you have to go up and get it? Delivery would help with the solo traveler buffet issue of losing your table when you go get something else.

From what I have seen on YouTube, everything is delivered to your table.  If you sit at a table in a general area, you can order from any of the venues during lunch or dinner.  If you sit a a chair directly at the venue, you can only get food from that specific venue.  At breakfast it's all grab n go with only a few hot items available, primarily cold items and bakery items.  Everything is free except for Starbucks and Cocos.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ontheweb said:

When we were on the Epic, reservations were needed and Blue Man Group was free.  However, Cirque d' Soleil was not free.

It´s not Cirque du Soleil... The Spiegel Tent was regarded Dinner Entertainment including a dinner. That´s what the charge was for. But they kept the charge for it. But the regular entertainment in the theater, Cavern Club, comedy is free.

7 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

You grab a table anywhere. On the table there are tablets like iPads. You can order from any food outlet in the Indulge Food Hall including beverages. Everything will be delivered to your table (but not at the same time).

The desserts (free ones and the paid ones at Coco´s) plus Starbucks Coffee are not on the tablet. There you have to go and grab them on your own.

For breakfast it´s self service. There are maps on what to find where on the screens at each food outlet for orientation.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

what if it doesnt?

Morning is a grab and go, several maps in the hall will tell what's is available in each station, seating limited on this cruise because the outdoors was closed.

Lunch, find a seat and order from a tablet, is you sit at a station then you are limited to what that station offers.

Greeter no hostess and no beeper

8 hours ago, uneamie said:

Earlier you mentioned deck 9 and 10 balconies and if you don't mind being watched....I think that's how you put it. Can you tell me how bad that is? We are on deck 10 starboard side. Are these balconies not very private? 

depending how wide the ocean boulevard is below you, in the aft ( food hall ) you can look into deck 9 and 10 balcony's, mid section the " roof " limits the views, The Prima has the same issues as the Away ships when it comes to the views from your balcony, if you love the ocean you need to go higher.  

• Thanks 1

Good Morning from the coast of Canada, east of Sydney. Should be a nice day to walk outside. Captain finally slowed down last night, since Iceland the ship speed was around 19 kts, all kinds of waves and the " ride " was relatively smooth. Right now we are cruising at 17.4 kts. Internet the past two days has been real slow, unable upload large batches of photo's. 

IMG_3092.JPG

• Like 4

Getting off the aft elevators you can only turn one way ( towards aft ). Found myself still wanting to turn the other way and with that mirror and a few adult beverages it's challenging at times 

IMG_3104.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

It´s not Cirque du Soleil... The Spiegel Tent was regarded Dinner Entertainment including a dinner. That´s what the charge was for. But they kept the charge for it. But the regular entertainment in the theater, Cavern Club, comedy is free.

Technically true, but the only reason we booked that was for Cirque, so as far as we were concerned that was what the charge was for.

18 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Technically true, but the only reason we booked that was for Cirque, so as far as we were concerned that was what the charge was for.

I agree and as I recall the dinner was nothing special, certainly not something I'd consider paying for if there wasn't a cirque style show happening too.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

2 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I agree and as I recall the dinner was nothing special, certainly not something I'd consider paying for if there wasn't a cirque style show happening too.

Nevertheless, that´s why they let you pay for it... It´s "Dinner Entertainment", not regarded as a regular show.

Regular entertainment is free.

steamboats

• Like 1