Bermuda Covid requirements

Linsie

4 hours ago, capecodmercury said:

Don't forget that these itineraries are set years in advance. Changing an itinerary can create a hassle for the Company.  Also,  the Summit sails to Bermuda for months each year and it looks like Bermuda is a typical stop on its repositioning cruise. 

I am on the October 15 cruise and, yes doing the Authorization for a 6 hour stop is a pain, but, from Boston, it is a logical stop on the way to the Caribbean.  Only other options would be a US stop such as Charleston or an afternoon stop somewhere in the Bahamas.

And, since probably most of the people on the cruise have already applied and paid for the Authorization (I know we have),  I'd be pretty angry if they changed it at the last minute.

Initially itineraries are set but any port can be cancelled for a variety of reasons at anytime.  All the big lines are used to this even before the pandemic; its routine, not a headache for them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Initially itineraries are set but any port can be cancelled for a variety of reasons at anytime.  All the big lines are used to this even before the pandemic; its routine, not a headache for them.

True. I’ve had Caribbean ports changed at the last minute often due to weather conditions. It’s not unusual at all. It’s not a huge deal to change from Bermuda but perhaps pre-cruise testing isn’t important to Celebrity. It’s guest inconvenience, not cruise line inconvenience. 
EXCEPT For these cruises they’d have to give full refunds for people testing positive and that can be costly. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Pot calling faux kettle black?

In order for this idiom to apply, the critic must profess to carrying the same credentials as those censured. The shoe does not fit here, hence I shall not wear it.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

But there is no reason for Celebrity to cancel the sailing (Oct 15)  that most are whining about. No testing required onboard. Celebrity/Royal have a contract with Bermuda and they have been sailing to Bermuda all summer. They are not going to cancel because of some people are cheap. Despite the disclaimers the whining is about the $40. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So……I just saw that Norwegian has rerouted a ship that was scheduled to go to the Bermuda and it will go to Canada instead.

I see that they will be issuing refunds to those who are not eligible to enter Canada because they have not been vaccinated.

But there’s been no mention of what happens to their Bermuda fee,  All the paperwork said it’s nonrefundable.?!?!?

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

So……I just saw that Norwegian has rerouted a ship that was scheduled to go to the Bermuda and it will go to Canada instead.

I see that they will be issuing refunds to those who are not eligible to enter Canada because they have not been vaccinated.

But there’s been no mention of what happens to their Bermuda fee,  All the paperwork said it’s nonrefundable.?!?!?

So, I would guess it is non refundable.

7 hours ago, Linsie said:

There are some people responding here whom I do not want to meet and am pleased that I never have to spend thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with. They appear to negate any opinions but their own. 

Oh, so true. How dare someone repudiate another's comments and opinions while making those of his/her own. The idea that that same someone would not abrogate their own point-of-view is reprehensible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Linsie said:

Wow, big words! 

Too big for some, I'm sure, (little words). Seems like some CC posters are critical of those who use synonyms or words with more than one syllable.

As to Fiona, looks like Bermuda is going to be alright. Now we can get back to the business at hand, "Bermudas money grab" and X's involvement in same. 

Wishing the Canadian Maritimes well as Fiona looks to pay them a visit.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 2

Leaving home on 0ct 12….to drive to Toronto …flight from there to Boston on Oct 13.

board ship on Oct 15

fully vaccinated and boosted.

when can I get tested to meet celebrity and Bermuda requirements? Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Linsie said:

Leaving home on 0ct 12….to drive to Toronto …flight from there to Boston on Oct 13.

board ship on Oct 15

fully vaccinated and boosted.

when can I get tested to meet celebrity and Bermuda requirements? Thanks.

We used lifecenters in Copenhagen on a RCL cruise using the test the Ontario government is giving out . For two people 

$25 cad 

https://lifecenters.ca

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

I may be incorrect, but i thought that i had read that as of November 2022, both Celebrity & NCL have decided to no longer visit Bermuda, due to the extra testing and $40.  Has anyone else heard/read this?

We went on the Summit several months ago & it was an additional worry/pain, on top of Covid testing to have to do this & worry if you were approved. Its sad, as it is a beautiful island 

• Like 1

Here is what i read: 

“We will continue to visit Bermuda with other itineraries where the island is the first port of call and doesn't trigger the additional testing requirement,” a spokesperson for Celebrity told T+L.

Norwegian has also removed Bermuda as a port of call on at least three separate sailings: aboard the Norwegian Escape from Nov. 1 to 17, aboard the Norwegian Sun from Nov. 3 to 21, and aboard the Norwegian Gem from Dec. 8 to 22.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

I may be incorrect, but i thought that i had read that as of November 2022, both Celebrity & NCL have decided to no longer visit Bermuda, due to the extra testing and $40.  Has anyone else heard/read this?

We went on the Summit several months ago & it was an additional worry/pain, on top of Covid testing to have to do this & worry if you were approved. Its sad, as it is a beautiful island 

The 4 Celebrity transatlantic Cruises which were to call on Bermuda have substituted other ports.

The summit is still scheduled to visit there on its October repositioning cruise

Edited by cruisestitch

Just now, cruisestitch said:

The 4 Celebrity transatlantic Cruises which were to call on Bermuda have substituted other ports.

The summit is still scheduled to visit there on its repositioning cruise

but it seems like they are winding down....which is good, for cruisers, i guess 

4 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

Here is what i read: 

“We will continue to visit Bermuda with other itineraries where the island is the first port of call and doesn't trigger the additional testing requirement,” a spokesperson for Celebrity told T+L.

Norwegian has also removed Bermuda as a port of call on at least three separate sailings: aboard the Norwegian Escape from Nov. 1 to 17, aboard the Norwegian Sun from Nov. 3 to 21, and aboard the Norwegian Gem from Dec. 8 to 22.

They are doing this for TA's, where there is not two days between ports and they obviously don't want to pay to test all passengers on board.  My EDGE TA in late Oct. had Bermuda canceled and replaced with Ponta Delgada, a welcome change for me though.

• Like 1

Celebrity doesn’t want guests to be required to test and then test positive because they don’t want to give full refunds. 
When the Covid refund policy ends people will be reluctant to book a cruise with required testing if they’re taking the financial risk. 
This is about dollars. It’s always about dollars. 

• Like 2