Fight question

Mell76

Does anyone have experience debarking in San Francisco and having to fly home?  I'm wondering what time I should schedule my flight home.  My choices are either 11:15  or an evening flight.  I would like to take the 11:15 but an skeptical.  

10 minutes ago, Mell76 said:

Does anyone have experience debarking in San Francisco and having to fly home?  I'm wondering what time I should schedule my flight home.  My choices are either 11:15  or an evening flight.  I would like to take the 11:15 but an skeptical.  

What day of the week are you debarking on? I doubt I would do that early flight would be safe on any day of the week, but weekdays would definitely be iffy.

Edited by Sea Hag

7 minutes ago, Mell76 said:

If you can book a flight at 11:15am using EZ-Air in Cruise Personalizer, then it is considered legal by Princess and no problem.  EZ-Air booking page will show you the earliest "legal" time allowed.  If I can translate from Fort Lauderdale, Princess' earliest time is VERY conservative.  I realize distance is further to SFO, but bottom line is that EZ-Air will indicate what is a comfortable flight time.

@mell76    Beside this thread you can post your questions on the “Cruise Air” board.

The Cruise Air board has page after page of comments, questions, ideas, etc. specific to air travel.  Check it out.  John 

• Like 1

In a perfect world, I would still be sweating it big time. We have had docking delayed multiple times in San Francisco. Once due to a medical emergency, heavy fog, the wind blew the gangway off the ship, etc. I would take the later flight and maybe do one of the Princess tours for debarking guests. 

• Like 4

It’s about 15 miles to the airport.    If you have PreTSA and the stars aligned depending on the day    I would say you could make it if you were off the ship at 8am.     With traffic it could take an hour to get to the airport during the week.   Weekends you may have a better chance early in the am.   

• Like 2

I booked a return flight via EZAir from SFO and the earliest time allowed was 12:00pm. (I know because there was an 11:45am flight it wouldn't let me book).  That is for a Sunday disembark.  I don't know if EZAir takes the day of the week into it or not.  I doubt it.

• Like 1

Our flight was 12:10 and we were on the Princess Transfer.   They were already boarding by the time we got to the airport.   We were on one.of the early transfers.   I think 11:15 is cutting it way too close.   Maybe if you have TSA precheck you might make it by the skin of your teeth, but I wouldn't attempt it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, suekel said:

I would do it on a weekend.  Do the walk off and have a car waiting.  There are lots of limo/car services in San Francisco.  Have TSA precheck.  Weekday, I would say no.  

If the 11:15 flight is "legal" with EZAir, I would actually book the flight through EZAir and the transfer through Princess so OP is protected if he/she misses the flight.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

If the 11:15 flight is "legal" with EZAir, I would actually book the flight through EZAir and the transfer through Princess so OP is protected if he/she misses the flight.

Protected true, but inconvenienced a lot if you have to rebook a flight.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, franktown said:

There is just to many things that could go wrong in SFO.  The only port I feel comfortable booking that early is Fort Lauderdale

or San Diego.....it's just a hop skip and a jump from the pier

• Like 2

Driving in San Francisco traffic is not for the faint of heart.  In My humble opinion to maintain their jobs, Cal Trans spends the day digging the pot holes deeper and the local news does not bother to report traffic accidents unless there is at least 50 vehicles involved. 😁

Which translate in big traffic jams at times that could impact arrival at airport.

Bob

• Like 1