Current Lists of Wine on Board (2022/23)

luv2travel90266

8 hours ago, Rabo said:

That’s not the complimentary list!

Of course, I triggered it without reading the question properly.

There is no «list» of the complimentary. My pic was of the current wines under the Ultimate Package. Hope it helped someone anyway😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been covered already.  If I have the premium package, how does it work if I want a glass of wine from the Ultimate package?  Does one just incur the charge for the difference between the price of the glass of Ultimate package wine less the maximum allowable price on the premium package?  Or do I have to pay the entire price of that glass of Ultimate?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Sorry if this has been covered already.  If I have the premium package, how does it work if I want a glass of wine from the Ultimate package?  Does one just incur the charge for the difference between the price of the glass of Ultimate package wine less the maximum allowable price on the premium package?  Or do I have to pay the entire price of that glass of Ultimate?

The premium package has no additional wines - so you pay the full price of any non-inclusive wine you consume.

Technically, that's still as you describe as the deducted price is zero, but don't think of it that way! 😉

Edited by fruitmachine
  • Thanks 1

There isn’t a minimum allowable price, the package doesn’t work like that (unlike on other cruise lines). There’s a list of which drinks are complementary, which are in the Premium package and which are in the Ultimate package - their cost is irrelevant.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Please note that the list of wines under the "ultimate list " is mostly not available. This list has been done by the back office and the wines are not on board. If you have favorites please look up the value of the bottle and then if  decide if you wish to upgrade or prepare to be disappointed. I sail Azamara due to the itinerary and small ship size and other positives. The wines served are disappointing hence I gladly pay the corkage and buy on shore at each port. Note I  started this discussion 2 years ago and 400 post ago. As of this time it has not changed. 

Edited by luv2travel90266
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had a lot of onboard credit last year so purchased some bottles of wine. They were much better than the wines included in the ultimate package, and many were under $40.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We had a lot of onboard credit last year so purchased some bottles of wine. They were much better than the wines included in the ultimate package, and many were under $40.

I did the same on my last AZ cruise.  Bought a 5-bottle package and worked with the head sommelier (who was my new best friend) – I could go over the upper limit and just pay the difference.  And he could suggest bottles with low inventory that would never go on any printed list.  The only better solution is buying onshore and paying corkage.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2024 at 4:22 AM, luv2travel90266 said:

Please note that the list of wines under the "ultimate list " is mostly not available. This list has been done by the back office and the wines are not on board. If you have favorites please look up the value of the bottle and then if  decide if you wish to upgrade or prepare to be disappointed. I sail Azamara due to the itinerary and small ship size and other positives. The wines served are disappointing hence I gladly pay the corkage and buy on shore at each port. Note I  started this discussion 2 years ago and 400 post ago. As of this time it has not changed. 

We were on Quest last week. I posted a shot of the actual leaflet printed on the ship (post #400) and I can confirm that all of these wines were available except one of the Ports and the Sauternes.

The web site list is not up to date. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3