The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 26th, 2022

richwmn

13 hours ago, aliaschief said:

City records would probably show every resident/owner on record. I agree FB is a bigger scammer paradise but I was just reminding folks to be cautious. Giving the actual address of a former residence is easily traceable.

It’s the world we live in.

Don’t mean to sound bossy. Just sharing my personal concerns. I have done a Google search on myself and after breaking it down was amazed on how much info is available  on boring me. 😁

When I first started on CC there was a poster who had our home town at the time listed as hers. Her CC handle indicated her occupation and she confirmed her local (small, specialty) work site in her profile. A few months later, I pulled in to the parking lot at a meeting at City Hall, and the license plate on the car next to me was her CC handle. I recognized her and her DH in the large crowd from pictures she had posted previously. 

That was with no researching on my part- only day to day CC participation, and our proximity to each other in real life.

She still occasionally posts- way more details than I think is safe- but that’s her prerogative, and it’s on her.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@cat shepard sounds like a wonderful end to your trip! Wondering what hotel you stayed at in Vancouver?  

@aliaschief a good reminder!   I think it’s easy to let our guard down as we are amongst friends, but it’s a public forum so always good to be careful.  

Brenda, it was the Fairmont Waterfront. Lovely. 

• Thanks 1

Thank heavens for good neighbors.  Three years ago when we were cruising for 75 days, I got a PO Box at the post office --- I thought.  I paid for it, got the keys, and left on our vacation.  Fast forward a few weeks, and our mailman left a NOTE on our house complaining that we needed to get the mail out of our box.  This note was where anyone could see it, advertising that we weren't home.  Thankfully my neighbor saw it and took it down.  She told him that we had a PO box and he claimed "nobody told me"....🙄 

When we returned home I went to our local post office, very upset, and put in an official complaint against that carrier (he'd had many complaints besides mine).  Also I couldn't get my $$ back for the PO box.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank heavens for good neighbors.  Three years ago when we were cruising for 75 days, I got a PO Box at the post office --- I thought.  I paid for it, got the keys, and left on our vacation.  Fast forward a few weeks, and our mailman left a NOTE on our house complaining that we needed to get the mail out of our box.  This note was where anyone could see it, advertising that we weren't home.  Thankfully my neighbor saw it and took it down.  She told him that we had a PO box and he claimed "nobody told me"....🙄 

When we returned home I went to our local post office, very upset, and put in an official complaint against that carrier (he'd had many complaints besides mine).  Also I couldn't get my $$ back for the PO box.  

On the flip side, while we were away in the spring for a couple of weeks, I thought I’d cancelled my newspaper. Apparently, I hadn’t made that final online click. The newspaper delivery person noticed that they hadn’t been picked up (mailbox), and I got a message on the phone that said they cancelled further papers until I notified them. Great service! 

• Like 2