Floor to ceiling windows in Carnival cabins?

bguppies

Just got off the Carnival Sunshine yesterday and we were staying in a Spa Balcony cabin.

(DW had previously stayed in a regular balcony on the Sunshine in March)

Was the first time we've stayed in any cabin with floor to ceiling windows. 

Also the balcony had a sliding glass door, versus a swinging door which was incredibly nice.

Are there any other ships that have floor to ceiling windows (either ocean view or balcony) or the same balconies with sliding doors instead of swinging doors?

(or any other cruiselines that have similar cabins?)

I have to say my enjoyment of this past cruise was so much better than my previous cruises with regular balconies or oceanview rooms.

(I don't enjoy hanging out on a humid Caribbean or Southern balcony. I get enough humidity nine months out of the year at home.)

Would love to find other oceanview or balcony cabins with floor to ceiling windows on Carnival or any other cruiseline.

Edited by bguppies

The Conquest ships have a limited number of forward cabins at the front of the ship with  the windows giving you the view without the balcony. Hard to come by, never seem available. Windows are slanted and some have restrictions requiring blinds drawn at night to keep light away from the Bridge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bguppies said:

Just got off the Carnival Sunshine yesterday and we were staying in a Spa Balcony cabin.

(DW had previously stayed in a regular balcony on the Sunshine in March)

Was the first time we've stayed in any cabin with floor to ceiling windows. 

Also the balcony had a sliding glass door, versus a swinging door which was incredibly nice.

Are there any other ships that have floor to ceiling windows (either ocean view or balcony) or the same balconies with sliding doors instead of swinging doors?

(or any other cruiselines that have similar cabins?)

I have to say my enjoyment of this past cruise was so much better than my previous cruises with regular balconies or oceanview rooms.

(I don't enjoy hanging out on a humid Caribbean or Southern balcony. I get enough humidity nine months out of the year at home.)

Would love to find other oceanview or balcony cabins with floor to ceiling windows on Carnival or any other cruiseline.

What was your cabin number? I'd be interested in this room in the future.

4 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Spirit class ships have 4K interiors that have floor to ceiling windows

I have an upcoming cruise on Legend in a 4K. It will be my first time with this type of cabin. I will be solo and my last couple solos I took upsell offers to go from interior to a balcony but didn't spend any time out there. If given an upsell offer this time I may turn it down. I am really curious about the 4k, its roomy, has a couch and natural light but it's priced as low as an interior.

2 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I have an upcoming cruise on Legend in a 4K. It will be my first time with this type of cabin. I will be solo and my last couple solos I took upsell offers to go from interior to a balcony but didn't spend any time out there. If given an upsell offer this time I may turn it down. I am really curious about the 4k, its roomy, has a couch and natural light but it's priced as low as an interior.

It’s considered an interior and they are great cabins, same space and layout as a balcony.  On my cruise while we were in Nassau they had a full crew drill for abandon ship.  I had a nice view from my window when they lowered the lifeboat.  EM

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

We will be on the Legend next month. First time in a 4K for us too.

4 K has been my "new favorite" since first sailing in them on Pride for the last 5 cruises.

Same size as a regular balcony and the window is nice to have.  Deck 4 is a great location too.

Not a single complaint from me.  

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bollycats said:

What was your cabin number? I'd be interested in this room in the future.

10137 was ours but 10135.10139 on either side had them also. (and the 3 balconies on the port side of 10 should too I'd imagine._

But word of warning, the hallway is crazy busy from lost people leaving the lido deck (just a few feet out your door through a wooden door) looking for elevators or the buffet. (I don't think one lost person I tried to help was lookung fior the spa or gym  which was down that hall.)

And when there is a deck party or something on deck, the noise filters into the cabin.

Edited by bguppies

11 hours ago, ray98 said:

Don't all balconies technically have a floor to ceiling window or are you talking about something different?

I can't remember if all our balconies previous had floor to ceiling windows, but with the sliiding glass door instead of the open out doors we've had previously, even if you never used your balcony, you had the entire end of your cabin being one giant window out.

I would imagine you could easily make oceanview cabins the same and make them much more enjoyable. (I'd prefer over a balcony)

I would almost think about paying more for that than a balcony cabin. (the balcony actually obstructed a bit of my view last weekend)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bguppies said:

I can't remember if all our balconies previous had floor to ceiling windows, but with the sliiding glass door instead of the open out doors we've had previously, even if you never used your balcony, you had the entire end of your cabin being one giant window out.

I would imagine you could easily make oceanview cabins the same and make them much more enjoyable. (I'd prefer over a balcony)

I would almost think about paying more for that than a balcony cabin. (the balcony actually obstructed a bit of my view last weekend)

I would anticipate a serious heat problem.  OV's are exposed to direct sunlight, balconies are recessed and have some shade protection for the windows.

4 hours ago, bguppies said:

I feel the same! We enjoyed a Spacious Outside View (class M1) on the Rhapsody of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). Sister ships are the Enchantment OTS, Grandeur OTS, and Vision OTS. There are sixteen of these cabins, midships above the Attrium. We were on Deck 7 with full width, ceiling to knee-height window. The Spacious OV's on Deck 8 have ceiling to near-floor windows, but they are under part of the Windjammer buffet, so I went with Deck 7 above the Centrum Balcony. It was quiet (the deck plan does not show the divider-wall separating those Outside View rooms from the Attrium) as well as roomy.

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I feel the same! We enjoyed a Spacious Outside View (class M1) on the Rhapsody of the Seas (Royal Caribbean). Sister ships are the Enchantment OTS, Grandeur OTS, and Vision OTS. There are sixteen of these cabins, midships above the Attrium. We were on Deck 7 with full width, ceiling to knee-height window. The Spacious OV's on Deck 8 have ceiling to near-floor windows, but they are under part of the Windjammer buffet, so I went with Deck 7 above the Centrum Balcony. It was quiet (the deck plan does not show the divider-wall separating those Outside View rooms from the Attrium) as well as roomy.

Thanks for the category to research.

15 hours ago, bguppies said:

10137 was ours but 10135.10139 on either side had them also. (and the 3 balconies on the port side of 10 should too I'd imagine._

But word of warning, the hallway is crazy busy from lost people leaving the lido deck (just a few feet out your door through a wooden door) looking for elevators or the buffet. (I don't think one lost person I tried to help was lookung fior the spa or gym  which was down that hall.)

And when there is a deck party or something on deck, the noise filters into the cabin.

Good to know! Maybe I'll just keep my normal balcony cabin.

Yeah the floor to ceiling windows were great but the constant Lido door slamming and people running up the hall all day and night was a little bothersome. (just like any cabin under the lido, or buffett or theater, etc.)

Figured if I could  find something similar in other parts of the ship would be nice.

Just didn't want to paint those cabins as perfect.

Edited by bguppies
  • Thanks 1