The most delicious / your favorite dish from the MSC cruise :)

Aeroplex

Hello everyone, 

let’s start with my favorite topic which is food.

What was your favorite dish on your MSC cruise? (Everyone is entitled to post 1 dish).

Mine was the Bone Marrow:

- Butchers Cut

- Starter Dish

761BB3F8-B32A-40D1-A598-BE82C051AC5E.jpeg

66BE0940-7C8D-4D55-B292-8E2F65803F35.jpeg

2ADE4E24-B0F5-4ACA-BDDB-065B566C256B.jpeg

Edited by Aeroplex
  • Like 2

• Aeroplex changed the title to The most delicious / your favorite dish from the MSC cruise :)

Gotta say, the tuna in Ocean Cay restaurant tonight was fantastic. Definitely the best thing I’ve ever eaten on MSC. Sadly, the crab cake was a big disappointment, and the cheesecake was frozen solid. I did have them give me a thawed out one. Gritty cheesecake is no-go. Second fave was the patatas brava I got from the buffet on my first MSC cruise. Wish they had those again. 

• Like 2

I was on the Divina on September 11, 2022 cruise. The room service NY strip steak was done wonderfully. The night after I had the same thing in the dining room and again it was done wonderfully. The Ossobuco was delicious, and the chicken con vin que was good too. 

The pizza was extremely good.

The desserts were amazing.

There was never a shortage of fresh fruit and veggies on the buffet. Also, the cold cuts were of quality,

If you are wondering why there was no seafood or fish on the list, I have a really bad shellfish allergy. 

I can't wait to try the food on the Seascape in June.

• Like 1

For us this is an easy question.  When we cruise on MSC it is in the Yacht Club and while on the Divina (pre Covid) we had an Italian Maitre'd (I cannot recall his name) in the Restaurant that would make a nightly pasta dish.  He would cook the pasta in a very large chaffing dish within the restaurant and waiters would deliver portions to all the diners.  One evening he made a cacio e pepe that was simply fantastic.  It was better than I have ever had in Rome (the city that made this pasta dish famous) in expensive restaurants.  I still can taste that amazing pasta and DW (who has some excellent chef skills) has worked hard to duplicate that wonderful sauce.

Hank

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Had lots of good food on our cruise a few weeks ago. But am I the only one who thinks the OP’s bone marrow dish looks gross?  No offense, OP. 

100% I'm with you, about 40 years ago my grandmother cooked soup, before putting any of the ingredients in she boiled a large bone, I remember her letting me taste the marrow when it was done, it's not something I'd ever like to experience again.

• Haha 1