New Hires at Celebrity as Vacation Planners

Josie201

I had a voice mail (and an e-mail) yesterday from my "new Celebrity Vacation Planner".  He was reaching out to say that he could see that I had recently cancelled plans to sail with Celebrity next November and he wanted to offer his services when I was ready to start planning again.

Problem is, I did not cancel any sailing for next November, and in fact am knee deep in planning an extended family vacation with six cabins booked.

I called him back and explained this.  Oh, he said, maybe his information was incorrect.  He had the ship right (Beyond) and the right date and said his system said it was cancelled on February 12 2022.  Besides the fact it seemed to take six plus months for them to reach out, this was not cancelled.  I explained this and said he now had me very concerned for this group of bookings.  We went through each booking number and he assured me they were all bookings in good standing.  I asked him how this could have happened (he had a different booking number) and he didn't really know - said it could have been a glitch!

Just sharing this for others for a heads up if it happens to you.  It was an unnecessary 20 minutes of panic for me but all worked out in the end.

They may be staffing up and training new people.  I envisaged Celebrity giving these new hires a stack of files and saying - reach out and offer help to all these people ....  

Edited by Josie201
typo

• Josie201 changed the title to New Hires at Celebrity as Vacation Planners

There have been cases where cruises have been improperly linked.  I had this happen, and it took most of a month to get it corrected.  I had two cabins linked, and then about two months later,  an unknown name appeared in online, visibile in "Manage..." as linked to one of them.  Customer Service couldn't see it on the X end, but I sent them screenshots to demonstrate what I was seeing.  IT finally found and fixed it.

Thus linked, would have been no surprise if there had also been cross-notification if I hadn't insisted on having it corrected.  Something similar mat have triggered your call.  Have heard here of a few additional examples of this.

I still have no idea who Anna was.

Edited by canderson

I do all the bookings and my DH gets double the emails.  In the last two weeks, I have spent way too much time with Celebrity and so has my TA; however, it really paid off in several different ways and not just related to my upcoming cruises.  Futhermore, Celebrity make a mess out of things, but it can also create some very good savings/prices/MoveUps.  

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

My wife constantly gets emails to complete booking for xyz sailing.  

#1  I do all the cruise planning under my account

#2  The sailing listed is usually one I never looked at.

This type of email is triggered when you look at a cruise and choose a cabin to see the price. In order to not get that email you need to click the choose a different cabin link, then back out of the reservation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kathynorth said:

This type of email is triggered when you look at a cruise and choose a cabin to see the price. In order to not get that email you need to click the choose a different cabin link, then back out of the reservation. 

Exactly this, here’s a recent one I received 

B28161FE-9ADA-4F9C-A55F-B25278DBBC5E.jpeg

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

My wife constantly gets emails to complete booking for xyz sailing.  

#1  I do all the cruise planning under my account

#2  The sailing listed is usually one I never looked at.

2 hours ago, kathynorth said:

Kathynorth, see point 2 in wrk2cruise statement.