any hotel help for seattle? I dont know what to book

brnsofia

There are no hotels that provide free transportation to the cruise terminals that I know of. There are two terminals, Pier 66 & Pier 91. Knowing which one you're departing from will help with hotels. If you're just arriving at night for a next day cruse, airport hotels are generally cheaper if you don't have time to explore the area.

There are guidebooks that have excellent maps that show hotels and the hotels' position in relation to the cities' attractions.  A national auto organization publishes informative tourbooks that may prove helpful to you.  

Which Seattle cruise terminal is your cruise line using?  If you don’t know then “google” the Port of Seattle cruise ship schedule.  

If your cruise line uses Pier 66 (Bell Street) then there are hotels within walking distance.  For example, the Marriott Waterfront is across the street and the Edgewater is beside the cruise terminal.  

There are no hotels relatively close to Pier 91 (Smith Cove).

2 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

For example, the Marriott Waterfront is across the street and the Edgewater is beside the cruise terminal.  

I can recommend the Marriott after being a guest there several times.  The Edgewater would have been my next choice if I could not have booked the Marriott.  

7 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I can recommend the Marriott after being a guest there several times.  The Edgewater would have been my next choice if I could not have booked the Marriott.  

While the Marriott is not my favorite Seattle hotel for those sailing out of Pier 66 you simply can’t beat the location.  And for those sailing out of Smith Cove they have a contract with a shuttle company which offers service for about $11 per person for the transport between hotel and Pier 91.

I should also ad that we have stayed at the Marriott Waterfront several times.  When  we most recently stayed there (June 2022) they are in the process of remodeling the guest rooms.  New decor is lovely.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, Northern Aurora said:

When  we most recently stayed there (June 2022) they are in the process of remodeling the guest rooms.  New decor is lovely.

Just looked at their web site as a result of your comment.  The new decor certainly is lovely!  Looks like they also have installed a fire pit and a patio.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 1:09 PM, brnsofia said:

I have no idea what hotel to book that isn't expensive. how do I know the location compared to pier?

not sure its location to pier for cruise in seattle.

are there any hotels who offer transport to pier for free? 

We prefer to stay across the Sound in Bremerton and take the ferry over in the morning.  You have to catch a cab from most (all?) hotels in Seattle anyway.  You miss the smell of "Cheap weed and old urine" which Seattle is known for.  And you miss the Seattle city taxes, homeless, and crime.

Fairfield is ~$120/night.  Hampton Inn is ~$135/night.  Both are walking distance to the ferry (about 60 min ride).  Bremerton ferry area is interesting, has a few decent restaurants, and is generally safe.

On 10/8/2022 at 1:31 PM, Dan G said:

No hotel in dowtown Seattle will be 'inexpensive' during cruise season.  Currently in non cruise times the Waterfront Marriott is $384 a night.  I don't think that qualifies as 'inexpensive'

The Inn at Virginia Mason (next to hospital), while a bit away from the middle of things, is clean, comfortable, reasonably priced (about $120-$130) and near several good restaurants. Walkable down the hill to Pike’s Place, etc - but you would probably like a cab back up.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Like 1

I am by no means an expert on Seattle...and, though I've visited Seattle often enough in the past (for other reasons), next August we're cruising out of Seattle for the first time (Quantum of the Seas).  After seeing the extremely high hotel rates in Downtown...and considering we're only flying in the afternoon before the cruise and have no real time to, nor interest in, doing any sightseeing, we've opted to book a room at an Airport hotel (Wingate).  Figure, we'll save about $200 on the room, get free breakfast and be able to take the hotel shuttle from the airport...maybe Uber to the pier the next morning.  We'll just relax arund the hotel that afternoon and evening, maybe find one of the scarce airport area eateries for dinner...and get a good night's sleep... 

Unless anyone sees any major problem with this, that's the plan as of now...

Edited by Bruin Steve

13 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

I am by no means an expert on Seattle...and, though I've visited Seattle often enough in the past (for other reasons), next August we're cruising out of Seattle for the first time (Quantum of the Seas).  After seeing the extremely high hotel rates in Downtown...and considering we're only flying in the afternoon before the cruise and have no real time to, nor interest in, doing any sightseeing, we've opted to book a room at an Airport hotel (Wingate).  Figure, we'll save about $200 on the room, get free breakfast and be able to take the hotel shuttle from the airport...maybe Uber to the pier the next morning.  We'll just relax arund the hotel that afternoon and evening, maybe find one of the scarce airport area eateries for dinner...and get a good night's sleep... 

Unless anyone sees any major problem with this, that's the plan as of now...

This is pretty much what we do now when cruising out of Seattle.  Have been there many times so don’t need to much anymore downtown.  Hotels are much cheaper near the airport!  

If we do have an interest in going downtown, we take the light rail into the city.  We’ve taken the hotel shuttle to the airport, hopped on light rail, had breakfast and then Ubered to the pier.  We travel with just a backpack and carry on so we’re pretty mobile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

This is pretty much what we do now when cruising out of Seattle.  Have been there many times so don’t need to much anymore downtown.  Hotels are much cheaper near the airport!  

If we do have an interest in going downtown, we take the light rail into the city.  We’ve taken the hotel shuttle to the airport, hopped on light rail, had breakfast and then Ubered to the pier.  We travel with just a backpack and carry on so we’re pretty mobile.

We're thinking of doing the same thing. Is it easy to find the light rail at the airport? I'm an OCD planner and am already stressed about the process.

26 minutes ago, MalleyCat said:

We're thinking of doing the same thing. Is it easy to find the light rail at the airport? I'm an OCD planner and am already stressed about the process.

In addition to my above post, we’ve had the hotel shuttle just drop us off at the station.  We take the elevator up and get on the train. No problem with luggage—there will be others with luggage and lots of storage during the ride.

• Like 1

Airport properties are certainly less expensive than downtown and work well if you don’t have time to explore.  There are a few properties near downtown that are slightly more reasonable but still more than the airport.  The Mediterranean Inn which gets very good reviews as well as the MarQueen are near the Seattle Center/Space Needle and also a short monorail ride to the downtown core area. These are a couple of the closest hotels to Pier 91/Smith Cove. Another, in Belltown, is the Belltown Inn.

23 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Pretty easy to find and use.  I download the app for our Seattle visits to map routes and buy tickets.  You can plan a lot ahead of time.

Map of the airport stop:

image.thumb.png.7628affde20a138e4dfc8b612b9106a0.png

Thank you! I'm the "unofficial tour guide" of the group and the thought of trying to get everyone where we want to be (none of us have been to Seattle before) is making me crazy!

21 minutes ago, MalleyCat said:

Thank you! I'm the "unofficial tour guide" of the group and the thought of trying to get everyone where we want to be (none of us have been to Seattle before) is making me crazy!

I also am the planner for our trips!  I do lots of research prior to any visit. Not sure I would classify myself as an OCD planner but my hubby probably would!

Enjoy your planning!  Seattle is a beautiful place to visit!  It is to navigate and there are always very helpful people to help out.