Lido Cabanas

Yodalicious

On 10/4/2022 at 1:13 AM, Crew News said:

Here is one of the Nieuw Amsterdam Lido cabanas:

https://rogerjett-photography.com/wp-content/gallery/Nieuw-Amsterdam-On-Board/IMG_0395.jpg

These Lido Cabanas can be very nice in cool weather as long as the pool roof is open.  In hot weather, or when the pool roof is closed, these cabanas can get quite stuffy due to limited air circulation and humidity from the pool.

Edited by AFNavigator
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

These Lido Cabanas can be very nice in cool weather as long as the pool roof is open.  In hot weather, or when the pool roof is closed, these cabanas can get quite stuffy due to limited air circulation and humidity from the pool.

Very true.  I wouldn’t take one if you gave it to me.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Very true.  I wouldn’t take one if you gave it to me.

Same here.  However, I love the Retreat and always book a cabana there.  That gives me the option of sunshine or shade, while the Lido cabanas give the option of stifling humidity or just humidity....oh, and people walking past your cabana gawking at you.  The pool is not important to me, which obviously is a factor in my likes/dislikes.

Sue/WDW1972

18 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Same here.  However, I love the Retreat and always book a cabana there.  That gives me the option of sunshine or shade, while the Lido cabanas give the option of stifling humidity or just humidity....oh, and people walking past your cabana gawking at you.  The pool is not important to me, which obviously is a factor in my likes/dislikes.

Sue/WDW1972

Yup, mirror image for me of what you said.  I spend too much time indoors either working or because it’s stupid cold a good portion of the year.  I love spending time outside either in the cabana or enjoying the sunshine. 

We love the Lido Cabanas and would select a HAL ship with them (and BB Kings) as major factors in cruise decision. FYI I was just quoted a Lido at 373 for a 11 night cruise from HAL. We have been a bit shell shocked at some of the recent cruise pricing- 11 nights (early 24 Carribean) with balcony at approx. 5800 has us thinking hard and looking at all inclusives which have offered more value to us the past few years. We will probably keep an eye on fares to see if they moderate (pricing was similar for 10 night and for different ships).

On 10/3/2022 at 9:33 PM, BoopTheSnoot said:

We loved our Lido cabana during our July 2022 Alaska cruise n the NA. Spending free time with those big windows netted us some great whale sightings. 

The cabanas sound wonderful for a Caribbean sailing. I read how some folks preferred an inside room + cabana over a balcony.

I'm planning a multi-generational trip for Alaska/late July/Koningsdam.  Are the Koningsdam cabanas (sounds like no Lido cabins) worthwhile for this sailing? Are they too rainy/windy/cold to be enjoyable?

4 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

We love the Lido Cabanas and would select a HAL ship with them (and BB Kings) as major factors in cruise decision. FYI I was just quoted a Lido at 373 for a 11 night cruise from HAL. We have been a bit shell shocked at some of the recent cruise pricing- 11 nights (early 24 Carribean) with balcony at approx. 5800 has us thinking hard and looking at all inclusives which have offered more value to us the past few years. We will probably keep an eye on fares to see if they moderate (pricing was similar for 10 night and for different ships).

Yup I'm finding nothing but high prices.  Someone has to pay for the cruises they are giving away for free.  I'm thinking the same thing as you regarding holidays or at least another cruise line.

1 hour ago, dlca1 said:

The cabanas sound wonderful for a Caribbean sailing. I read how some folks preferred an inside room + cabana over a balcony.

I'm planning a multi-generational trip for Alaska/late July/Koningsdam.  Are the Koningsdam cabanas (sounds like no Lido cabins) worthwhile for this sailing? Are they too rainy/windy/cold to be enjoyable?

I love a cabana but I feel its a warm weather thing.  I wouldn't take one for free in Alaska.

• Like 1