I just loaded up on AARP Carnival gift cards

BlerkOne

13 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Cut and paste is or coulda been your friend....assuming you purchase e-gift cards....

Yes, I am fluent in cut and paste. Apparently faster than Carnival could process. But they caught up.

Thanks for the heads up, BlerkOne!  I've been checking daily.  I sure hope they go through correctly.  I got the message that they are processing, and I "should receive an email within 24 hours". Waiting...

Just now, pcvtmom said:

Thanks for the heads up, BlerkOne!  I've been checking daily.  I sure hope they go through correctly.  I got the message that they are processing, and I "should receive an email within 24 hours". Waiting...

I received emails a few minutes after purchase.

• Like 1

I guess the website is finally working? I was trying every day before October 1st to buy eCards and purchase the Wi-Fi package for our Luminosa cruise next year before the price increases but it never worked, so just used our credit card (which we get extra points for travel charges, so all good).

Last night they even had the $450 ones back! Yay! Our January cruise to Hawaii is paid off, and I'm working on securing enough for our June family cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Every little bit helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A little off topic, but wondering if you can use the AARP cards to pay off Fly2Fun. I have used them to pay for CHEERS, excursions, etc but never tried using them for FLY2Fun. Cruise is already fully paid for so the only thing currently due is our Fly2Fun charges on the outstanding balance.

31 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

A little off topic, but wondering if you can use the AARP cards to pay off Fly2Fun. I have used them to pay for CHEERS, excursions, etc but never tried using them for FLY2Fun. Cruise is already fully paid for so the only thing currently due is our Fly2Fun charges on the outstanding balance.

Absolutely!!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I will need to get $3000 worth soon. I hope they have the $1,000 cards available then.

There is a limit of five cards per calendar month. With the $500 value, you will need six. So plan to buy some one month and the others next. Also, buy when you can (buy five right now?), in case of another month like September when they weren't available for three+ weeks!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

There is a limit of five cards per calendar month. With the $500 value, you will need six. So plan to buy some one month and the others next. Also, buy when you can (buy five right now?), in case of another month like September when they weren't available for three+ weeks!

limit used to be 5 a month, a while ago it was changed to 25 a month, unless they changed it again

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ngrund said:

limit used to be 5 a month, a while ago it was changed to 25 a month, unless they changed it again

I've only been buying since June but it has always been 5. Unless I missed a very short time when I wasn't shopping!

AARP LIMIT.jpg

This Screen Shot was JUST NOW, so it is indeed five currently.

Edited by crystalspin

Are you an AARP member? The Premium rewards that are for members only (Carnival is one) are 25 a month

Disclosure

*This is a Premium item. Premium items have a limit of 25 per month. Limited time offer while supplies last. Fulfilled as a digital gift code.

The ones available to everyone are 5

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ngrund said:

Disclosure

*This is a Premium item. Premium items have a limit of 25 per month. Limited time offer while supplies last. Fulfilled as a digital gift code.

The ones available to everyone are 5

Aha! You have solved the discrepancy! So far I have only bought HAL cards, available to everyone. Although Yes we are AARP members. The difference evades me. But cool for you or when my Carnival cruise gets closer.

On 10/12/2022 at 6:29 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

I will need to get $3000 worth soon. I hope they have the $1,000 cards available then.

AARP may not have them, but Allstate Rewards does normally.  There is also no limit on how much you can buy on Allstate Rewards (you might have to do multiple transactions, though).

On 10/12/2022 at 3:04 PM, Bostwick girl said:

Don’t think I’ve ever seen $1,000 cards on AARP, only $100 and $500.

I will get 6 $500 cards when the time is right. By 5 at the end of February and another one at the beginning of March. Full pay date is March 9. I only have to pay the cruise fair remaining which is about $2,400.