Coral Princess Trip Report from Princess newbie with lots of photos

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Surely you are cruising with your husband?

I am watching harbour cam, you are sailing, lol.

Left him behind to mind the dog and be the Uber for the rest of the fam 😀 and yep we started moving as I was typing about the muster drill …

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

We disembarked from Coral this morning. We had an aft cabin, B710, and found the aft lifts were great.

We're embarking again on Tuesday, this time with a mid-aft cabin. I wouldn't be surprised if we often used the aft lifts rather than the midships ones even though it would mean a longer walk. We need the exercise anyway. 😄 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

So, I don’t get seasick.  I did a cruise to the South Pacific and we had the rock n roll seas.  We had a chef demo lunch in Giovanni’s (Royal Carribbean).  It was booked out and I was seated at a large table.  As the lunch progressed and the rock n rolling continued, people started to go green, then dart out of Giovanni’s quick smart and not return. Ended up with just two of us left on our table and only 50% of the participants.  Didn’t bother me and I enjoyed the 3 courses.

But with the forecast of extreme weather, I packed these just to be on the safe side.87E5A77F-BA11-4F63-9C77-FDD443085E0A.thumb.jpeg.4d8e1fdb357cf8a0b03a5944646d44f3.jpeg

I have never been sea sick, but I have been told that green apples help a lot.   Princess usually had a good supply of them when we sailed.  We sailed Coral eight years ago, on a Panama Canal cruise.

Be interesting to hear about your experience with medallion. They were just starting to implement it on our last Princess sailing.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK guys, very early report on Coral Princess, sourced from the various ship trackers.  She is currently about 30 km off the NSW Far South Coast, passing Ulladulla.  Been a bumpy night for those on board I believe, they are in a Force 8 gale from the south and travelling slow, like 9 knots.  Looks like the sea state is around 4 metres.   Still raining down here.     Sun loungers, deckchairs should be in ample supply today on Coral Princess.

To those on board, enjoy the day.🤢🍸

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

OK guys, very early report on Coral Princess, sourced from the various ship trackers.  She is currently about 30 km off the NSW Far South Coast, passing Ulladulla.  Been a bumpy night for those on board I believe, they are in a Force 8 gale from the south and travelling slow, like 9 knots.  Looks like the sea state is around 4 metres.   Still raining down here.     Sun loungers, deckchairs should be in ample supply today on Coral Princess.

To those on board, enjoy the day.🤢🍸

Keep your eye on it NSWP to make sure it comes back on Tuesday 🥰

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Keep your eye on it NSWP to make sure it comes back on Tuesday 🥰

Too far out to sea to observe, 30 km.  Conditions have eased a fair bit.

coral_bridge.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Leaving Sydney last night from the Sydney Harbour Web Cam and Coral Princess Bridge web cam, the weather is certainly improving. 
I have family on board on their first cruise, apparently young children in cabin on either side of them jumping around and screaming for hours kept them awake, staff were pretty quick to move them when they mentioned it, that’s great service.

5707CE10-FF47-44EB-90D8-EAC90DC794BC.png

DD286712-72D4-4F14-AB55-2FF5D9A8E7D4.png

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, marinating said:

Leaving Sydney last night from the Sydney Harbour Web Cam and Coral Princess Bridge web cam, the weather is certainly improving. 
I have family on board on their first cruise, apparently young children in cabin on either side of them jumping around and screaming for hours kept them awake, staff were pretty quick to move them when they mentioned it, that’s great service.

5707CE10-FF47-44EB-90D8-EAC90DC794BC.png

DD286712-72D4-4F14-AB55-2FF5D9A8E7D4.png

They were lucky there was a cabin to move them to. Are Princess still having reduced pax or is the cruise just not full?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Hope you have a lovely day in Eden.  I saw a mother and baby whale close to the shore in Eden, but may be wrong season..

Thank you.  Fingers crossed for at least dolphins but Whales would be wonderful.  We shall see…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Current balcony  view from beautiful Eden.  Just opened a bottle of champers.  Life is rather nice  right now.  Eden put on a sparkling weather day for us today, after the rain & wind on the cruise down.

9FA115DA-88D1-4BEA-973B-61A8643A37FE.jpeg

Enjoy your beautiful view with your bottle of champers, after the rainy weather conditions you experienced en route.

• Thanks 1

This is our only port stop for this short cruise.  Yesterday, I accidentally came across the start of the Port info session in the Princess theatre.  Now this was not a spiel for their Princess port tours.  This was a very detailed info session of what to expect and what to see in Eden with a detailed map provided at the end.  I actually personally thanked the staff member at the end for the info he provided.38530C0F-E0F5-4E59-911F-F677F765FEDE.thumb.jpeg.dac10369d8657ead5680b89880694f11.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

This is our only port stop for this short cruise.  Yesterday, I accidentally came across the start of the Port info session in the Princess theatre.  Now this was not a spiel for their Princess port tours.  This was a very detailed info session of what to expect and what to see in Eden with a detailed map provided at the end.  I actually personally thanked the staff member at the end for the info he provided.38530C0F-E0F5-4E59-911F-F677F765FEDE.thumb.jpeg.dac10369d8657ead5680b89880694f11.jpeg

Excellent.  Reminds me that we used to get a similar detailed map of directions for all ports of call from the Pursers Office. 

• Like 1