Celebrity App issues on Ipad

retird

My celebrity app works fine on my iphone but not on my Ipad.   At the top of the screen, tapping on the ship logo or the other two logos does not work, i have to swipe the screen left or right.   If i go to view deck plans i cannot get back to other screens.  I have to shut my ipad off and restart it.    Are others having this issue or amI doing something wrong?    I tried deleting and downloading new app.   

1 hour ago, retird said:

My celebrity app works fine on my iphone but not on my Ipad.   At the top of the screen, tapping on the ship logo or the other two logos does not work, i have to swipe the screen left or right.   If i go to view deck plans i cannot get back to other screens.  I have to shut my ipad off and restart it.    Are others having this issue or amI doing something wrong?    I tried deleting and downloading new app.   

I am currently not having a problem using my iPad or Andreoid tablet with the Celebrity app. 

Iain has a rather old iPad - my guess is 4 years old.    I went to update the Celebrity app and it said I needed at least ios 15 he was at 14.5.     I updated the IOS I believe it is 15.5 and then updated Celebrity App.

I opened Celebrity and played around.    It performed perfectly.   I was able to open up deck plans and close them, look at my shore excursion, view menus and switch between cruises with not a single problem. 

Possibly update the Celebrity App and IOS if required and do a HARD REBOOT

If both the app and device - of whatever type - are not updated there will be issues.  Clearing the cache and rebooting makes it work on ever my wife's 6 year old android phone - never well, but works.

Found long ago to use my TA for bookings and look at Celebrity or a "very fast" travel site to see the details on promos.

42 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

If both the app and device - of whatever type - are not updated there will be issues.  Clearing the cache and rebooting makes it work on ever my wife's 6 year old android phone - never well, but works.

Found long ago to use my TA for bookings and look at Celebrity or a "very fast" travel site to see the details on promos.

Mine works fine as well on my iphone not on my ipad

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Iain has a rather old iPad - my guess is 4 years old.    I went to update the Celebrity app and it said I needed at least ios 15 he was at 14.5.     I updated the IOS I believe it is 15.5 and then updated Celebrity App.

I opened Celebrity and played around.    It performed perfectly.   I was able to open up deck plans and close them, look at my shore excursion, view menus and switch between cruises with not a single problem. 

Possibly update the Celebrity App and IOS if required and do a HARD REBOOT

My ipad is 3 months old, with latest os 15.7.  My issue is that if i open deck plans, i cannot get back to the shore excursions etc without restarting my ipad.     I will just keep using my iphone, just that with age i was trying to have larger screen and larger text.  Lol

2 hours ago, retird said:

My ipad is 3 months old, with latest os 15.7.  My issue is that if i open deck plans, i cannot get back to the shore excursions etc without restarting my ipad.     I will just keep using my iphone, just that with age i was trying to have larger screen and larger text.  Lol

Curious - on the deckplans can you see the x on the upper left corner?  If so are you saying nothing happens when you tap it?

I use to get stuck on some screens that had a white X or Arrow on a white or light background.   I finally just learned to click that area and it usually closes the screen even if I cant see it.  (poor web design)

I just checked.  My IPad is barely 1 year old and updated with the most recent release.  I just maneuvered through the different sections, from Deck Plans to Excursions to Dining to my calendar and more.  Very quick response time.  Good luck with yours!

12 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious - on the deckplans can you see the x on the upper left corner?  If so are you saying nothing happens when you tap it?

I use to get stuck on some screens that had a white X or Arrow on a white or light background.   I finally just learned to click that area and it usually closes the screen even if I cant see it.  (poor web design)

No.   No x and no <.    On my iphone i have the x and the arrow.   I tried touching the same spot on my ipad but didnt work.      

also my wife and i are both on a southern cruise to ABC in January and when we sign in to our cruise hers shows a different arrival and departure at each port than mine.  We both sign in using chrome and we both click on shore excursions and when the next screen comes up that is where the arrival and departure times are different.    Mine matches the booking confirmation and hers doesn’t 

Just now, retird said:

No.   No x and no <.    On my iphone i have the x and the arrow.   I tried touching the same spot on my ipad but didnt work.      

also my wife and i are both on a southern cruise to ABC in January and when we sign in to our cruise hers shows a different arrival and departure at each port than mine.  We both sign in using chrome and we both click on shore excursions and when the next screen comes up that is where the arrival and departure times are different.    Mine matches the booking confirmation and hers doesn’t 

Now that does sound like a problem.   On both my phone and iPad there is an X on the corner of the deckplans and they work.

When having a major problem with the app on a cruise the IT Manager came to the Retreat and did the following.    Had me log out off the app, Hard Close the app, Reboot my Phone.  Open the App and select a different cruise then go back and select my current cruise.   It fixed most of the problems.    They next had me uninstall and reinstall -  which fixed my final problem.

6 minutes ago, retird said:

What is this about Chrome? I thought we were discussing the Celebrity app. 

Edited by Charles4515

13 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

What is this about Chrome? I thought we were discussing the Celebrity app. 

The issue of no x or arrow to get out of deck view is in the app.   The different times for arrival and departure is when I use chrome instead of Safari to sign in to th celebrity website to work on my cruise.  Sorry for the confusion.   I use chrome to sign in to celebrity website because when i sign in with safari the site says an error occured and i cant navigate through their site.  I have worked with apple to troubleshoot to see if it was my ipad causing the problem.  We came to the conclusion that it was a celebrity website issue.  Seems to affect different users differently

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Now that does sound like a problem.   On both my phone and iPad there is an X on the corner of the deckplans and they work.

When having a major problem with the app on a cruise the IT Manager came to the Retreat and did the following.    Had me log out off the app, Hard Close the app, Reboot my Phone.  Open the App and select a different cruise then go back and select my current cruise.   It fixed most of the problems.    They next had me uninstall and reinstall -  which fixed my final problem.

Ive done all those things and an apple tech also troubleshoot with me and found nothing wrong on my or the ipad’s part

5 minutes ago, retird said:

Sorry for the confusion.   I use chrome to sign in to celebrity website because when i sign in with safari the site says an error occured and i cant navigate through their site.  I have worked with apple to troubleshoot to see if it was my ipad causing the problem.  We came to the conclusion that it was a celebrity website issue.  Seems to affect different users differently

I never had any issue with Safari and the Celebrity website. Are you using an ad blocker? I have had to turn mine off for some websites. 

12 minutes ago, retird said:

Ive done all those things and an apple tech also troubleshoot with me and found nothing wrong on my or the ipad’s part

LOL... sometime we just have to say .... it is what it is and move on.   At least your Phone App works for you.     I had never tried it on Ian's iPad until you asked.  I wasn't expecting to work and was surprised when it did.