Is Walk off with luggage available on Celebrity

buzzandjulie

20 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The only ones that drive me crazy are the ones who intentionally book a flight earlier than the cruiseline says to and then try to demand special skip to the front of the line treatment.

Sorry. You chose to be stupid and not listen to what the safest earliest time is. That's not my fault.

(I feel the same when people intentionally get to the airport late and then want to skip up to the front of the security line. You made your choices. It's not my fault they were bad ones.)

Whilst I have little or no sympathy for those who ‘intentionally’ book tight flights or connections the world at present is very different. Last minute changes of flights are not unusual nor are the adjustments to connection gaps. Many people book sensible flight times (example, 1pm to have a shock change to 10.30am). For many who work full time there are restraints on schedules too. Flying home the next day may not be an option.

I would happily let someone in front of me in a queue anywhere with a flight to catch…

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think sometimes the rush to get off the ship is also to get to immigration, especially if the PAX isn't a U.S. Citizen.    While some ports have sped up the process with Facial ID for U.S. Citizens -  I have seen some huge lines for non-US passport holders. 

It can be similar  it to being on an airplane and arriving at gate a little late.   As soon as the seat belt sign dings people jump up and clamber for the exit.

Jim, after experiencing staff shortages at immigration at Fort Lauderdale where US nationals sailed through and the rest of the world waited for ever we now sit comfortably in the Retreat lounge sipping coffee until the concierge tells us the immigration line has gone…

On 10/9/2022 at 8:30 AM, buzzandjulie said:

On Exquonix. Can I still do walk off with luggage at end of cruise. Trying to set up return flight time 

In my experience, the only port that did not allow self-disembarkation was Buenos Aires. There may be other such ports somewhere in the world, but other posters will have to identify them. 

Been on the 'Nox three times this year.  They do things different than the Millie, Infinity and Reflection.  You disembark from the theater but you line-up your luggage in a line which becomes line to get off the ship.  Once the ship is cleared, everyone goes over to their luggage and walks off the ship in order of the luggage.  However, usually 25-50 pax are lined up at the door, ahead of the luggage line.  It an unique experience for sure.

On 10/10/2022 at 10:53 AM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The only ones that drive me crazy are the ones who intentionally book a flight earlier than the cruiseline says to and then try to demand special skip to the front of the line treatment.

Sorry. You chose to be stupid and not listen to what the safest earliest time is. That's not my fault.

(I feel the same when people intentionally get to the airport late and then want to skip up to the front of the security line. You made your choices. It's not my fault they were bad ones.)

It’s not always intentional. I’ve had flight times changed considerably after booking, especially in recent times. Sometimes it’s later, but on occasion I’ve had flights bumped up an hour or more. You might think, well, just change your flight to a later time. Not always possible as full as airplanes are these days. And with cuts in flight options people may have little choice in flight times, especially going into the smaller airports 

• Like 1

One issue you may encounter is the guard at the escalator.   I seen them only allow one piece of luggage pp on it.  If you have more they will direct you to the elevator.    

Good luck 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

9 hours ago, miched said:

One issue you may encounter is the guard at the escalator.   I seen them only allow one piece of luggage pp on it.  If you have more they will direct you to the elevator.    

Good luck 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Ooops, I wrote the below before I reread and saw you wrote the ELEVATOR and ESCALATOR. Yes, I have often seen that, we use the elevator at the cruise terminal. Generally it's not crowded enough that we have to wait long, and MUCH safer than trying to get multiple pieces of luggage on a moving escalator.😳

We generally do the self-disembarkation. We're in our mid-70s and use two medium sized suitcases and one small one, all three are those with the four swivel wheels and easy to maneuver. We have no trouble at all moving throughout the ship, but then we do use common sense about elevators. Never have had any problems, or even seen an of those "elevator guards".  We avoid doing the "bags outside cabin last night of the cruise" because we've had our bags "misplaced" several times by the cruise/dock personnel. Never had anything lost, but nearly missed a flight once while it took nearly an hour to find our "PURPLE-disembarkation-time tagged" bag in the "YELLOW-disembarkation-time tagged' stack at the far end of the warehouse. Color blind crew maybe?😉

I often wonder if some of those people on a rush to get OFF the ship were the same ones on a rush to get ON the ship! And now they are in a rush to get to the airport to wait there........😁. When our schedule allows, I'd rather wait on the ship ; much more comfortable there. 😎

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

On 10/10/2022 at 10:18 PM, spokanlilac said:

Has anyone been able to carry off their luggage, but can wait in the departure lounge dedicated for concierge class guests? Just curious if you can or would you still have to depart with the early departures because of carrying off luggage?

Yes, that is possible and that's what we did last time (Summit, July 2022). I'm not sure, but I think anyone in any public area could do that...but most don't because they want to disembark ASAP to allow the crew time to clean those areas. We try to stay on the ship until such time that we have only an hour to wait at the airport.....but often that is not possible, or fair for the crew, so we leave when we can.

Doug

• Like 1

On 10/10/2022 at 11:18 PM, spokanlilac said:

Has anyone been able to carry off their luggage, but can wait in the departure lounge dedicated for concierge class guests? Just curious if you can or would you still have to depart with the early departures because of carrying off luggage?

We carry off our luggage but our bus doesn't arrive early so we figure out where the last group getting off the ship meets and go there with our luggage.

Laura

We use to always line up with our luggage and walk off the ship.  Especially on shorter cruises when I could get down the stairs with it.  But as more and more passengers have gone that route, we have chosen to just check it the night before and go off at our assigned time.

On our last two cruises, with the increased amount of people walking off and then backed up waiting on the elevator (whether with luggage or wheel chairs or scooters or whatever), we have just sailed by going down the escalator, pick up our luggage and beat the walk offs out of the terminal.

On 10/10/2022 at 9:18 AM, Texed said:

Yes you can.  But, I have no desire to do so.  We try to have a day or two after the cruise in a hotel.  Or, at least an afternoon flight so we can enjoy the last morning on the ship.  We try to be the LAST ones off of the ship.  😎

Ditto.  In fact, we wish they would reinstate the old "Extend Your Stay" program.