Name a few little creature comforts that you miss while sailing

Travelling2Some

Here, it's that warm & fuzzy feeling on a cold morning or late night ...they just don't have them onboard anywhere, not even in the premium suites. Accustomed to having/using them when we traveled in north Asia and upscale resorts & hotels in Hawaii etc.  Saved many rolls of tissues, especially during the pandemic surge. 

Screenshot_20221010-134404.png

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Here, it's that warm & fuzzy feeling on a cold morning or late night ...they just don't have them onboard anywhere, not even in the premium suites. Accustomed to having/using them when we traveled in north Asia and upscale resorts & hotels in Hawaii etc.  Saved many rolls of tissues, especially during the pandemic surge. 

Screenshot_20221010-134404.png

You really need to have faith in your electrician to use one of those!

18 minutes ago, wil e coyote said:

This! All day long. I really don't miss the other comforts of home for 1-2 weeks, but I do miss good beer. Definitely a first-world problem! 🙂

They had Guinness on my last cruise on the Encore (before I drank it all).  No problem at all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

They had Guinness on my last cruise on the Encore (before I drank it all).  No problem at all!

So the lesson is that I just need to know when you are cruising and then avoid the subsequent sailing! 🙂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I have two black standard poodles, brothers from the same litter, who would love the buffet.

BTW, my boys are extra tall and accomplished counter surfers, they will happily serve themselves at the buffet.  This I learned when I had some steaks thawing on the counter.  We had delivery that night instead.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Mandalay5 said:

I love this idea!! Do the appliance police let your kettle go through without confiscating?

I've done it twice with no problem (it's a pretty small Bodum with auto on/off), but I can't promise! DH's electric shaver got us called to the naughty room once. 

Edited by weltek
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

(5)  potato chips!

There's potato chips on board. When we sail Haven, I usually have an endless bowl in the room that the magical fairies replenish way more times than they should. But during lunch, you could probably ask at any of the restaurants, depending on what you order I've seen them come out with sandwiches at times.

image.thumb.png.58113aae375ee87a3313ca7e6c0d7b6a.png

5 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I have two black standard poodles, brothers from the same litter, who would love the buffet.

We always joke that we need to bring our pup with us and turn her into a cruise puppy (she's 6, but we still refer to her as a puppy). She would camp out at the buffet all day and volunteer as a chair hog seat holder in the sun on those loungers. She's a beefy 85lb hound mix.

3 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Coke! -- though it sounds like this is changing ... 

It's on the Joy, so depending on which ship you'll sail on next and when it should be there.

9 minutes ago, CptAleSpill said:

So what is "good beer?"

My thoughts exactly. I've had folks tell me they know what 'good beer' is only to tell me that they drink Corona... Are we talking Left Hand Milk Stout? Sweet Baby Jesus? Goose Island Bourbon County?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Alwaysplanningatrip said:

As a first time solo cruiser I am interested at what may be listed!

Miss having to cook my own meals wash my own dishes and make my own bed every day. On board it can be boring having nothing to do for 10 - 12 days but be waited on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

43 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

My thoughts exactly. I've had folks tell me they know what 'good beer' is only to tell me that they drink Corona... Are we talking Left Hand Milk Stout? Sweet Baby Jesus? Goose Island Bourbon County?

Left Hand Milk Stout is terrible. Goose Island Bourbon Country was decent.

I never travel without a few books, and occasionally I finish them faster than expected and need to find a library or bookshop. Interestingly, we were on the Bliss in early 2020 and I ran out of books and none of the shops had any for sale and it took us to two days to find the library because every one of the many staff members that we asked said there was no library. I knew that I had read about one on board and my husband finally found it, it was small but passable and it met my needs for the remaining days on board.

The things I miss are my pets and the specific seltzer that is my favorite.