Passenger Flashmob?

Sancho_proudfoot

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

The beauty of that series of commercials is that I see myself in so many of them.  lol

Ditto - I scrolled thro a few 😀

Here's a bunch of my own favourites 

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

While the OP thinks flashmobs are fun, most other cruisers seem to have a so what attitude about them, with some saying don't even bother me with that nonsense.

I doubt the OP can get any of the above to change their minds.  

I think they are fun and suspect most do on those cruise lines where they might happen,  Some seem to now want any noise whatsoever.   I'm not looking for a spiritless dull experience where I might be shushed if I laugh out loud.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

I think they are fun and suspect most do on those cruise lines where they might happen,  Some seem to now want any noise whatsoever.   I'm not looking for a spiritless dull experience where I might be shushed if I laugh out loud.      

I'm not looking to be imposed upon by someone else's attention-seeking silliness while on a cruise. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, K32682 said:

I'm not looking to be imposed upon by someone else's attention-seeking silliness while on a cruise. 

Scowl and frown at them and maybe they will stop.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, K32682 said:

I'm not sure the grumpy "get off my lawn" response works for public areas on a cruise ship. These things last for the length of one song. Assuming it's a song,  and not the 1812 Overture, you'll  only be "imposed upon" for a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, K32682 said:

Just bring along a Speaker's corner box, along with a very load speaker, and get up and lecture the crowd on something you love but you know that will go over like a lead balloon with the crowd. 

A temperance lecture might be one subject. 😇

I think I'd go with a lecture and demonstration, on why Curling is the best game on the Planet. Nothing better with watching newbies wipe out try to deliver a curling stone for the first time. 🥌

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Just bring along a Speaker's corner box, along with a very load speaker, and get up and lecture the crowd on something you love but you know that will go over like a lead balloon with the crowd. 

A temperance lecture might be one subject. 😇

I think I'd go with a lecture and demonstration, on why Curling is the best game on the Planet. Nothing better with watching newbies wipe out try to deliver a curling stone for the first time. 🥌

Excellent plan. Fits in well with the flash mob fanciers response of "it's only for a couple of minutes" and those who find curling hilarious will very much appreciate the effort. 

• Like 1

Flash mobs literally make me spin and GTFO as quickly as possible, but I understand some people think they are fun.

As long as the "surprise" is kept for dance nights, that's fine by me. Knock yourself out. I might not even hate it if I'm hanging out at the dance party. But during the day while I'm relaxing or trying to do something, or in the middle of another activity/show like trivia, etc., then don't blame me when I shoulder check the flash mobbers in my path on my way out of the area. I do not appreciate the sensation of the room going from an energy level 3 to a 10 in an instant unless you are the Publisher's Clearinghouse Prize Patrol here to see me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 3:34 AM, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I've been watching some really fun Flashmob videos, at weddings, in shopping malls and so on, then I thought " wouldn't a passenger Flashmob on a quiet sea day be fun?"

I seem to recall on previous  cruises there would be a passenger choir, or a performance (like Thriller). So, with the connivance and assistance of the CD, you could gather some passengers who can sing well, have a few rehearsals somewhere out of the way, then at, say, 3.00pm on a sea day, get the music playing and (seemingly) random passengers start singing ("One Day More" from Les Mis is a good one)

No, I prefer the peace and quiet.

• Like 1