Royal Suite Inclusions and Exclusions

Plato123

We will be on a 7 night cruise in a couple of months and have booked a Royal Suite.  We are supposed to have wifi, specialty dining and premium drinks included, as well as gratuities, but do those gratuities cover the automatic 20% service sharge applied to specialty dining?  In other words is a sevice charge a gratuity?

It has been a few years since we booked a Celebrity Royal Suite so any information on"new ins and outs" would be appreciated.

In addition to the perks you listed plus the OBC there are perks that come with the room.

Bar setup with 2 Premium Liters of Booze you choose, Unlimited Specialty (which includes gratuities) and Free laundry and dry cleaning.  

I know for a fact about the tipping in specialty as I asked for a blank bill so I could leave a tip and the Matre' d let me know that tips were included, but if I left additional on the room key it goes to the complete ships dining room  pool.   Additional tips left in case are added to the Specialty Pool only.

• Thanks 1

When ordering additional charge items from the menu (prime dry-aged steak at Tuscan Grill or the seafood tower at The Porch) it's a crapshoot. At Tuscan, I was charged (and, frankly, the NY Strip was tough as nails!), at The Porch, we were not charged.

Tom

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plato123 said:

We will be on a 7 night cruise in a couple of months and have booked a Royal Suite.  We are supposed to have wifi, specialty dining and premium drinks included, as well as gratuities, but do those gratuities cover the automatic 20% service sharge applied to specialty dining?  In other words is a sevice charge a gratuity?

It has been a few years since we booked a Celebrity Royal Suite so any information on"new ins and outs" would be appreciated.

When we've sailed in RS (or PH for that matter) with the "Retreat package", we have paid nothing extra when we dined in a speciality restaurant; that includes the tip.

5 hours ago, Plato123 said:

We'll be in a Royal Suite for the first time in March. I plan on tipping cash when we dine in the specialties.

7 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

When ordering additional charge items from the menu (prime dry-aged steak at Tuscan Grill or the seafood tower at The Porch) it's a crapshoot. At Tuscan, I was charged (and, frankly, the NY Strip was tough as nails!), at The Porch, we were not charged.

Tom

Same experience for us. No charge in The Porch but there was a charge for the prime cuts in Tuscan.

Also, in our opinion, staff in the speciality restaurants prefer cash tips. As Jim said, if you do ask for a blank bill and add a tip it goes into the general pool.

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

Same experience for us. No charge in The Porch but there was a charge for the prime cuts in Tuscan.

Also, in our opinion, staff in the speciality restaurants prefer cash tips. As Jim said, if you do ask for a blank bill and add a tip it goes into the general pool.

Cash tips - good to know regarding the pool.