Soda Cans in Haven

lisa928

Planning for first time in the Haven.  We have the drink package but most of the time just drink soda.  Can I ask the butler to keep cans of soda in the fridge?  Not worth it if I have to pay for each can, just convenient for us if it is possible.

On Prima in Haven bar they had cans to mix in with drinks.  One morning I asked at breakfast in Haven restaurant for Coke Zero, they asked if fountain or can, I said can, they said that is not covered under plan and extra so they must have a fountain at least in the restaurant area.  Never saw one in Haven bar.

• Like 1

you can get cans of soda, but they're usually about $3.00 per can. that times, however, i have been fortunate enough to have a butler that will bring me the cans at no charge. since im addicted  to pepsi, i dont mind the price, but by the glass its free

• Like 1

Butler will give you pitchers of anything you want for your room.

As for cans, they are technically not covered unless you're in an Owners Suite or Garden Villa. Having said that, if you ask nice enough at the Haven bar and don't make a habit of it, or act as though it's something you're entitled to - the bartenders usually have no problem giving you 1-2 cans to take away to your room.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

A week ago on the Breakaway we got cans of soda from the Haven bar on several occasions. 

To be clear, there was no charge.  My wife likes to drink a soda in the evening and I would just walk up the bar and ask for one.  Below the bar there is a fridge with the popular items like Coke and Diet Coke.  They would go back around the corner to a cabinet for more obscure things like Diet Sprite, which weren't refrigerated.

At one point, while sitting at the bar, I mentioned that my wife was suffering from a bad case of motion sickness (remnants of Ian).  The bartender, Agnello, pulled out a can of ginger ale and a green apple and sent me on my way.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

To be clear, there was no charge.  My wife likes to drink a soda in the evening and I would just walk up the bar and ask for one.  Below the bar there is a fridge with the popular items like Coke and Diet Coke.  They would go back around the corner to a cabinet for more obscure things like Diet Sprite, which weren't refrigerated.

At one point, while sitting at the bar, I mentioned that my wife was suffering from a bad case of motion sickness (remnants of Ian).  The bartender, Agnello, pulled out a can of ginger ale and a green apple and sent me on my way.

I'm glad they provided you with an exception. I hope people don't read your post and expect this to happen as it's not the way the "rules" are written. Congratulations to you on your win! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm glad they provided you with an exception. I hope people don't read your post and expect this to happen as it's not the way the "rules" are written. Congratulations to you on your win! 

What makes you so sure that it was an exception?

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, Sailing12Away said:

Butler will give you pitchers of anything you want for your room.

As for cans, they are technically not covered unless you're in an Owners Suite or Garden Villa. Having said that, if you ask nice enough at the Haven bar and don't make a habit of it, or act as though it's something you're entitled to - the bartenders usually have no problem giving you 1-2 cans to take away to your room.

Such a good tip I was wondering how to get soda in my suite with no extra charge . A pitcher brilliant 😀. Now maybe I can ask for a pitcher of MOËT 🥳lol prob won’t work . We have the PP. beverage package and staying in forward HG it’s a long walk to haven bar .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, pbenjamin said:

What makes you so sure that it was an exception?

Were you in a deluxe owners suite? That's the only stateroom level (maybe garden villa too?) that receive free cans of soda. Otherwise, you're supposed to pay, but may get lucky.

29 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Were you in a deluxe owners suite? That's the only stateroom level (maybe garden villa too?) that receive free cans of soda. Otherwise, you're supposed to pay, but may get lucky.

Garden villas do get free cans of soda in their room.

Our most recent trip on the Joy we were in an HH cabin outside of the Haven on deck 15. We had asked one night at the bar when they were closing up if it was possible to get a Coke to bring back to the room, they said no problem. The rest of the trip when we were closing out the bar they would just ask "A Coke for the road?". 

But again, it's not something they have to do. Might just be because we spent so much time there and we did definitely have the drink package. The ship was losing a lot more money on us in booze than on that $3 can of Coke.

5 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

This was not a suite thing, it was a Haven bar thing. I asked for a can of soda at the bar, handed my key card to the bartender, which he waved away. I got the same result from other Haven bartenders. 

• Like 4

On 10/18/2022 at 7:07 AM, cruiseny4life said:

OS get them too.

Ok, I get the system!  I will stop by the Haven pool and Haven bar to see if I can get a complimentary can of diet Sprite, here and there, to bring back to room fridge,  But no way am I willing to pay $3.50 a can.  I will manage with water and crystal light packets.  Thanks for all the tips. Very helpful.  Anita

On 10/14/2022 at 9:36 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Cans are unlikely but the butler will gladly bring a pitcher of soda upon request.

If I order room service in Haven an ask for a pitcher of soda, will I receive an additional charge outside of my Haven drink package? I always thought that only ordering from the Bar is covered on the drink package.

Thank goodness that NCL now offers Coke products instead of Pepsi. Nothing against Pepsi, but a "Rum and Pepsi" just doesn't sound right.

Edited by kitty-sail

On 10/22/2022 at 3:00 AM, mearsfansinboise said:

Currently on the Bliss … got cans in the Haven pool, stocked in our fridge, and even in the MDR. 

D41AA5D8-A87E-400D-8285-26689D5CEFF6.thumb.jpeg.1b5882fec8529d1290789202d97483e9.jpeg

Unless you are in one of the few suites that covers the sodas in the fridge, be carful. If you look around, you might find the price sheet.

2 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

If I order room service in Haven an ask for a pitcher of soda, will I receive an additional charge outside of my Haven drink package? I always thought that only ordering from the Bar is covered on the drink package.

The pitcher of soda/lemonade/sweet tea won't cost anything extra (in my experience). The delivery of alcohol beverages will be at a charge 99% of the time even though the beverage would be covered if you walked to the bar yourself and ordered it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hutcha said:

Unless you are in one of the few suites that covers the sodas in the fridge, be carful. If you look around, you might find the price sheet.

No charges ... complimentary in the room .... at the pool ... and the American Diner and even at a bar where we asked for a can because the fountain Coke wasn't tasting right.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kitty-sail said:

Soda in cans is available throughout the ship and are stocked in your room fridge. However, if you open one of the cans in your room fridge, it will cost you $3-$4. per can. Items in your fridge are not covered under the 'drink package'.

Unless you are in a OS or higher.