New to This...Can you eat in MDR for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?

Katems75

Hello, mostly new to this, having cruised only one other time in 2018 on Oasis.  Next year I'll be on Harmony.  Last time we ate in the MDR for every dinner, but the Windjammer for every breakfast and lunch. I keep seeing posts here from people posting their MDR lunches and I believe I see breakfasts that take place other than the Windjammer, too.

So, where can you eat all three meals, for free?  As in what is included in just the cruise price, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  If you CAN do MDR for breakfast and lunch, do you just walk in??  Do you need an assigned time like you do with dinner?

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Hello, mostly new to this, having cruised only one other time in 2018 on Oasis.  Next year I'll be on Harmony.  Last time we ate in the MDR for every dinner, but the Windjammer for every breakfast and lunch. I keep seeing posts here from people posting their MDR lunches and I believe I see breakfasts that take place other than the Windjammer, too.

So, where can you eat all three meals, for free?  As in what is included in just the cruise price, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  If you CAN do MDR for breakfast and lunch, do you just walk in??  Do you need an assigned time like you do with dinner?

Thanks!

Mdr has breakfast every day.  Just show up.  Lunch is only on sea days. Again just show up. 

Hours will be on the app and in the compass  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

After a million years of cruises, we had breakfast in MDR for the first time.  The French toast was absolutely delicious, 100% superior to that available in WJ.

Most likely you will be asked, at the door, if you are willing to share a table.  If so, you can get in fairly quickly.  If not, the wait might be a bit longer.

On the Harmony, you can have breakfast for free at Johnny Rockets too.  We like the egg scramblers here and everything is made to order.  We also like the Solarium Bistro for a more laid back buffet than WJ.  The Park Cafe is another great choice for bagels, breakfast sandwiches/burritos, cereal, fruit at breakfast and lots of sandwiches, soup and salads they make for you at lunch.  I get overwhelmed in WJ, so I always look for alternatives.  

If you are looking for something after dinner, then the choices get a lot harder.  You have promenade cafe for sandwiches/cookies/desserts or pizza.