Move Up Bid Accepted

breezer

So excited that one of my Move Up bids was accepted.  Celebrating my 70th birthday on the Equinox November 3rd for 9 nights. Yay!!!  Moving from an inside to a C2.  I know concierge class doesn't offer much as far as perks go, but my main goal was to just get a veranda anywhere and the cruise is nearly sold out.  There are only 4 concierge cabins left (2 on deck 9 and 2 on deck 10) and there are only 7 veranda cabins left on deck 6.  For those that like numbers... my inside cruise only rate was 740 pp and my bid for concierge was 425 pp so 1165 pp for 9 nights.  They assigned cabin 1243 first slanted veranda and close to the elevators.  Perfect location for me

• Like 21

2 hours ago, breezer said:

So excited that one of my Move Up bids was accepted.  Celebrating my 70th birthday on the Equinox November 3rd for 9 nights. Yay!!!  Moving from an inside to a C2.  I know concierge class doesn't offer much as far as perks go, but my main goal was to just get a veranda anywhere and the cruise is nearly sold out.  There are only 4 concierge cabins left (2 on deck 9 and 2 on deck 10) and there are only 7 veranda cabins left on deck 6.  For those that like numbers... my inside cruise only rate was 740 pp and my bid for concierge was 425 pp so 1165 pp for 9 nights.  They assigned cabin 1243 first slanted veranda and close to the elevators.  Perfect location for me

Congratulations!  Happy Birthday.

1243 is a wonderful cabin!!

4 hours ago, breezer said:

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful birthday and a fantastic cruise!

12 hours ago, breezer said:

This is great to hear! How long between when you bid and when you found out? And did they email you to let you know?

13 minutes ago, njguy_south said:

This is great to hear! How long between when you bid and when you found out? And did they email you to let you know?

I made my bids on August 23 and received an email on October 13 telling me one of my bids was accepted.

Can anyone tell me what happens to the rest of my bids.  Do they just get cancelled?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, breezer said:

They assigned cabin 1243 first slanted veranda and close to the elevators.  Perfect location for me

On our last Equinox cruise, we stayed in 1231 and absolutely loved the location.  Close to the elevators and easy to get anywhere on the ship.

Congrats on Concierge Class - we find the departure lunch in a sit down restaurant vs the buffet to be an excellent way start our cruise.

3 hours ago, Nashna said:

My Edge cruise is in 99 days.  When I checked the Move Up option, it says that the cruise should be within 21 days.  Breezer was able to place the bid much earlier.  Should I keep checking?   

Also if there's other last names on the same reservation try checking those. Me and my husband have different last names. I did all of the booking and listed first on the reservation.

We never got the move up email and everytime I checked the site it gave me the 21 day message. Then one day I checked his last name under the same reservation and got in and was able to place an offer! Meanwhile mine continued to give a 21 day msg.

The feminist in me is annoyed but I can let this one go ☺️

Edited by jl208
  • Like 2