What Are Your Best Secrets for Navigator Of the Seas ?

We booked Navigator of the Seas in a handicap balcony stateroom  for  October 23 ,2023  7 night & then the the B2B 4 night we booked for the  October 30 ,2023 cruise 

Although we are Diamond level  we hadn't been on a RCL ship since September 2017 when we did the  Canada /New England cruise 

So ,we would appreciate any one who can tell us what is a must see or do aboard this ship . 

We have done this itinerary more times than I can remember on different cruise lines including RCL ,so  every port we know very well . We are more interested on the ship itself  & what we don't want to miss . I have all the deck plans  on Cruise Ship Decl Plans   -- this is all you need type in & click Public viewing for any cruise ship deck plans 

Thanks in advance for your secrets  😃

Edited by mcrcruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t know what kind of secrets you are looking for… you are Diamond and this is an older basic ship. My secret would be get to the pool very early if you want a chair- they added casitas all over deck 12 that you have to pay a fortune for, so there are even less chairs for everybody. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kruzerci said:

I don’t know what kind of secrets you are looking for… you are Diamond and this is an older basic ship. My secret would be get to the pool very early if you want a chair- they added casitas all over deck 12 that you have to pay a fortune for, so there are even less chairs for everybody. 

Thanks  typical RCL move to make more at sea cash but  not give service to all people . Should find  this to be  a problem  ,then obviously we will sail on Celebrity more or Holland  America who care more for their customers

We always love the ice show , I would think about UDP , diamond gets four free drinks so liquor package may not be needed , another bonus on UDP is 40 percent off all bottles of wine under a hundred. Always loved that ship but haven’t sailed her in about 5 years ago, didn’t have playmakers or hooked then.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

No secret, but a little publicized thing to do is go out to the helicopter pad for a nice view.

My boys loved doing that at night.  They would also lurk in the shadows around the helipad and scare the pants off of roving bands of teenagers 😝

• Like 1

We were on Navigator in July on a four night Mexico.  Except for Jamie's I wasn't impressed with any of the food places.  Jamie's service did leave a little to be desired.  Windjammer had some very good and just Ok options.  Playmakers was fine for bar food and people watching.  Overall the ship is small, but well maintained and staff was outstanding.  We were able to get casitas two days by just going early.  But I understand that's all changed and now they charge and you have to RSVP.  They were well worth it for a day on deck.  The water slides are very cool, but can be a long line and stuffy walking up the stairs.  

• We were invited onto Naviagor for their covid shakeout two day cruise last November. We live in Long Beach and are D+ so were excited to see the ship here. This ship has gone through what Royal calls a amplification. So it has been upgraded in several areas. The pool deck has been redone with a newe Lime & Coconut two level bar. Players sportsbar has been added. New specialty resturants have been added, which are very good. We tend to spend our nights in the Pub if the music is good, lots of fun folks in there and always a fun time for us. The free taco bar at the pool deck is great and the adult shakes at Johnny Rockets are also worth a try. We went back in August and are going again in December, its close so easy for us but the upgraded ship is great. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just sailed this past weekend.  Sailed it back in July as well.  It's convenient for us as SoCal residents for a quick weekend get away with the kids.  

Ship is showing its age, and there is lots of deferred maintenance.  Lots of rust on the exterior and balconies.  Probably the first place they decided to cut back on costs.  

The kids club is awesome - all 3 of our kids can't wait to get back into the next session (they break it up into 3-4 blocks during the day).  

The wait staff is excellent.  The management at the dining room is mixed - some want to help, some are there to deny.  What really disappointed us this time (compared to just months ago), is that they seem to be using a meat tenderizer on the Prime Rib and some steaks.  Five of us ordered prime rib at our table, and all 5 of us received different cuts, with mine looking like it was under a heat lamp for quite a while.  Maybe its a way to encourage guests to dine at Chops.

For check-in, Diamond and D+ are not prioritized.  Only suite and Pinnacle.  At least in Los Angeles.  I was surprised, but in the end, check-in is fairly quick.  

We thought of another one. We are also D+ and will be on the 12/5 cruise. This has more to do with transportation. If you are driving and getting in early due to your status, park on the outside rows in the parking lot and consider exit traffic. Lots of locals on this ship and they all park as close as possible on arrival. However on departure they all leave at the same time and the drive out can be a challenge. A small walk on the enbarcation day can save you a lot of car time on the debarcation day. 

• Like 1