"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

34 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, they have it in Vines.  $16 per glass.

Thank you!  Glad to know they have it in stock.

Guess when they rolled out the Premier package they upped the prices on some wines.  Last December and this past February (in Vines on Regal) and also on our TA in April (Crooners on Island), it was only $13 per glass. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, they have it in Vines.  $16 per glass.

3 hours ago, kb4683 said:

Thank you!  Glad to know they have it in stock.

Guess when they rolled out the Premier package they upped the prices on some wines.  Last December and this past February (in Vines on Regal) and also on our TA in April (Crooners on Island), it was only $13 per glass. 

Found it at our local wine store, its $40 CDN a bottle.  Might pick some up for tomorrow night.  Sort of a pre-cruise celebration.  🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, patfra2 said:

We join on the 17th. When we booked the cruise over a year ago, there was no Plus or Premiun package. Only Premiun. How can they change the prices so that they can charge for top shelf when it was included originally??

No. When you booked there was only one package option which included 15 drinks a day at no more than $12 per drink. That is now called the Plus package. The. new Premiere package costs more and includes drinks up to $18 each. You are getting exactly what you paid for

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, memoak said:

No. When you booked there was only one package option which included 15 drinks a day at no more than $12 per drink. That is now called the Plus package. The. new Premiere package costs more and includes drinks up to $18 each. You are getting exactly what you paid for

It's called the premier package, so I think that's what it is.

35 minutes ago, memoak said:

I see the option on the website to upgrade from the plus to the premium package. Maybe check that out.

Vickie

17 hours ago, loge23 said:

We brought a half case in Provence during our Toulon port call, walked right on.

I guess the staff is aware somewhat of the wine situation in the MDR. We were told at our first night in Allegro (the hidden DR on 6 aft) that the waiters will schlep over to the Vines if you eat at Symphony to get you a better glass of wine. So we bagged all our reservations and started going to the Symphony. That's worked out well. Of course, we start at the Vines and bring in our first glass.

As our friends the LACruisers posted, the Vines still offers a reasonable selection for Plus packages. There's a nice Burgundy, but our fave - the Umbruix, a priorat from Catalona, will incur a $2 plus tip surcharge - worth it imo.

One peeve I want to share: at the first night's dinner I asked for the wine list to see what was available.  The waiter brought me a photo-copied paper version stapled together.

Really Princess? In a DR during dinner service? Sad.

It is what it is, folks.

We are booked for ATD in Concerto every night, different times.  After reading this, I tried to change to the Symphony DR but only choices were Allegro & Concerto ??  On the Grand in August, the dining room staff would go to Vines for our wine (after the first glass we brought with us) and they also did this for us in Sabatini's.  We love Vines and can be found there at various times during the day.  The Grand did not have tapas in Vines and we really missed that part of our evening.  Look forward to hanging out with anyone who loves Vines!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DanTenncruisers said:

We are booked for ATD in Concerto every night, different times.  After reading this, I tried to change to the Symphony DR but only choices were Allegro & Concerto ??  On the Grand in August, the dining room staff would go to Vines for our wine (after the first glass we brought with us) and they also did this for us in Sabatini's.  We love Vines and can be found there at various times during the day.  The Grand did not have tapas in Vines and we really missed that part of our evening.  Look forward to hanging out with anyone who loves Vines!

My Patter shows the Symphony Dining room is  only for Club Class for breakfast, lunch and dinner 

42 minutes ago, dog said:

Sabatinis  breakfast is for those in full suites and club class mini suites

Club class mini suites do not get Sabatini’s breakfast   Club class mini passengers eat breakfast in the club class area of the MDR

• Like 6