Disembark Barcelona

TravelMadBrits

I have read that there are plenty of taxis at the port but I’m a bit concerned that there are 4 of us with luggage - are there large enough taxis? 

does anyone know what larger taxi to airport charge is?
Has anyone recently experienced disembarking at Barcelona and getting at taxi - what the queue times were like? We will be getting off Wonder of the Seas. 

Thanks in advance…

16 hours ago, TravelMadBrits said:

I have read that there are plenty of taxis at the port but I’m a bit concerned that there are 4 of us with luggage - are there large enough taxis? 

Has anyone recently experienced disembarking at Barcelona and getting at taxi - what the queue times were like? We will be getting off Wonder of the Seas. 

Thanks in advance…

Perhaps take 2 taxis?  Or get a Uber with Van?

22 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Perhaps take 2 taxis?  Or get a Uber with Van?

We disembarked two weeks ago in Barcelona. Yes, there are larger taxis that can accommodate 4 people with luggage. We were off the ship by 9:30am and there was a long line. It appears the port prefers not to have long lines of taxis waiting in a line. They have port staff who monitor the lines and then summon the cars. It took almost an hour waiting in line. We saw many people who had arranged private transfers, they just hopped in and off they went. The rate should not cost more than 40 euro.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:56 PM, TravelMadBrits said:

Thanks in advance…

Use the ships transfer. Bus to airport

We have disembarked in Barcelona twice during the past month,  the second time was yesterday, with several ships in port. We were off the ship among the last passengers, around 9.30. There is a continuous flow of taxis arriving to pick up pax from the port, and the system is well organized. Even though there is a queue, it moves forward quickly. For us it took some 10-15 mins, and there are also larger vans arriving regularily that should be able to accommodate 4 ppl with luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

We got off in May around 8:30 and there was no queue, plus we only needed one regular-sized taxi.  I believe there was only one other ship in port with us that day.  But we were on Oceania Sirena, which is a small ship.  But I don't remember waiting much when we disembarked in Barcelona before.  However, I would imagine wait time can vary due to factors such as when you need a taxi, how many people are on your ship, whether you dock along the long pier in Barcelona or another one, what day of the week it is, etc. But we've found Barcelona port to be very efficient for disembarkation.

• 1 month later...

We have often had a train at 8:30am.  We skip breakfast and are one of the first to leave the ship.  Taxis are plentiful at this point.  

Later the queues build up so I think it is worth leaving early, especially if you have flights and connections that might be costly if you miss them.