Favorite Oasis Class ship and why?

Joekarluv

1 hour ago, George C said:

Allure will only be there for a year , then will be replaced by newer Harmony, got a good rate for grand suite for next November. 

What do you mean by "newer" Harmony?  Did I miss an announcement of some kind?  No, seriously, have I missed something.  

We cruise on Harmony in Jan 2024 out of Galveston.  But, I haven't seen, or read about any Amp or remodel of any kind.  Have I missed something, I hope?

49 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

What do you mean by "newer" Harmony?  Did I miss an announcement of some kind?  No, seriously, have I missed something.  

We cruise on Harmony in Jan 2024 out of Galveston.  But, I haven't seen, or read about any Amp or remodel of any kind.  Have I missed something, I hope?

Woo! I didn't realize Harmony was coming to Galveston. I was bummed we got Allure sans the royal amplification, and shocked that some people voted for allure as their favorite oasis ship, even with the lack of all the amenities the other ships have. Might have to hold out for Harmony..

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Symphony, for sure.  Our first Oasis Class Ship was Oasis.  But, and I can't justify it, Symphony was something special.  I just really had fun and enjoyed everything about the Symphony.  We stayed in the 4 BDRM, Family Villa Suite.  However, we stayed in the 2BDRM Aqua Theater Suite on the Allure and I love the Aqua Theater Suit more than any other Cabin/Suite I've ever stayed in.  But, judging a ship as a whole, Symphony was the best for me/us, hands down.  

yes I love the Symphony.  I like the smashed up VW bug, the musical stairs, and all the cute sayings in the back of thew WJ hanging from ceiling.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, renza said:

Symphony is the size of a hot tub. It’s not like allure at all. You are one of the only people who want her amped. No one wants water slides and the ultimate abyss. 

Agree 100%, plus the absolute best DL at sea. So glad she missed her Amp, one good thing to come from covid.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mil76 said:

Least favorite - Wonder.  Only 1 Flowrider.  Discouraging to see that the "one Flowrider on the megaships" is a thing now with the Icon reveal.  Was hoping that Wonder was a one-off since it was designed for the Asian market.

Favorite is Allure.  Since we always do UDP, the Samba Grill is a nice change of pace from the normal Chops/Izumi/Whatever Italian place is onboard rotation.  Since the kids are now grown we don't need all the slides.  Just wish it had Playmakers.

So happy that Allure is coming to Galveston.  Nonstop flights from Tucson to Hobby vs connections or driving to Phoenix to get to FLL/MIA.

My prediction, and it won't be popular with many (including my wife and son) is that in the next round of big amplifications you see Royal removing a flowrider from the first 4 OA class ships and doing something else there.

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My prediction, and it won't be popular with many (including my wife and son) is that in the next round of big amplifications you see Royal removing a flowrider from the first 4 OA class ships and doing something else there.

Boooo.  

Maybe I could buy one used. 🤔

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don't think the young folks will be happy with that!

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Probably the older more serious riders that it would bother more. 

LOL, that's for sure too.  When your 71 (today), there are a whole lot of folks that can be considered "young".  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was actually surprised thst they never put one on CocoCay when they redid the island.  Would be great for ships that didn't have one.

That would be a great idea. Put it in the water park, and riders would have to buy a day pass. That would limited the lines some. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

Taking our 1st cruise with Royal on Harmony of the seas. Can you tell me more about it? We are getting a Central Park Balcony 11th deck, mid ship.

Thank you in advance for anything we should not miss. Again, thank you.

I hope you enjoy it! Here is a link to my Cruise Critic review of our sailing. Please note that the ship was at half-capacity at the time. So your experiences with venues and service may differ because of that. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=685029

• Thanks 1

I have been on Allure and Harmony and now Wonder and by far loved Wonder for the Suite Neighborhood!  Nothing can beat the setup in the suite area that comes with all of the other fun stuff on an Oasis class ship. Out of all of my many cruises, my cruise on Wonder of the Seas in the Med this past July was my absolute favorite

On 10/20/2022 at 9:18 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

interesting, no one wants water slides and the ultimate abyss, yet every time I cruise on an Oasis class ship there are always lines for these slides. I can respect your view that you like Allure the way it is, but don’t make the assumption everyone feels the same way you do. 

On a related note I assume you don’t like Icon of the Seas, since everything I have seen and read today makes it look like a large amusement park, which definitely appeals to me. 

Never said I didn’t like the other oasis class ships. I just like that they keep one from getting the same amplifications as the others. I am sure I will like Icon too but doesn’t mean everyone of them have to be the same. 

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately, I think you may be right.  With all the ambulance chasers looking at the Royal Caribbean Flowriders as an easy mark, I think Royal is going to do everything they can to de-emphasize the Flowrider in the coming years.  Icon is the perfect example.  Who needs 2 Flowriders when you have a Six Flags waterpark on-board?  With all the restrictions on stand-up surfing on-board now, if I was a ship designer at RCI I would be looking at better uses for that prime real estate rather than accommodating the few people on-board who can pass the stand-up test. 

I don't think they will completely get rid of them because there is a subset of extremely loyal customers (myself included) who heavily base their cruising decisions on whether or not there is a Flowrider on the ship, but I'm afraid the days of 2nd Flowriders on the mega-ships are numbered.

24 minutes ago, mil76 said:

Unfortunately, I think you may be right.  With all the ambulance chasers looking at the Royal Caribbean Flowriders as an easy mark, I think Royal is going to do everything they can to de-emphasize the Flowrider in the coming years.  Icon is the perfect example.  Who needs 2 Flowriders when you have a Six Flags waterpark on-board?  With all the restrictions on stand-up surfing on-board now, if I was a ship designer at RCI I would be looking at better uses for that prime real estate rather than accommodating the few people on-board who can pass the stand-up test. 

I don't think they will completely get rid of them because there is a subset of extremely loyal customers (myself included) who heavily base their cruising decisions on whether or not there is a Flowrider on the ship, but I'm afraid the days of 2nd Flowriders on the mega-ships are numbered.

I don't think it has anything to do with ambulance chasers or they'd get rid of them entirely, just an additional space that they can create another area for a different set of guests.

#1 Oasis

#2 Allure

#3 Harmony 

Oasis for us just has that X factor over the other ladies, but all are good

We have Oasis and Allure booked again

Symphony soon to sail, then Wonder 

Hoping we enjoy these as we have done the other 3

Happy Days!

roll on 10/24 so we can book ICON 👍🏻

Edited by PompeySailor

Been on Allure 3 times including New Year’s Eve this past year.   By far my favorite Oasis class ship.  I’ve been on all except Wonder.  Harmony is my least favorite.  It seems like the 3 times I’ve sailed on Harmony, something goes wrong.  The elevators had problems on 2 of my cruises (had to wait 15 minutes once and I had to wait because I walk with a cane), and the ship was short of staff every time.  I know it’s just luck of the draw but I remember the problems.

• Like 1