Black Friday sales?

georgiacat

1 hour ago, georgiacat said:

Does NCL have any Black Friday sales for excursions, beverage packages, etc?

I can't say I've ever seen a cruise planner sale on NCL.  Most beverage package and excursion discounts come via Free at Sea and/or loyalty perks.  As for cruise fares themselves, they'll likely just continue the same sale they've had all year with a different name.

• Like 3

black friday, blue monday, ruby tuesday.  it doesn matter.   ncl runs the same add over and over touting 40% off. never changes and ive never seen any adds lowering their prices for anything. i always believe that they raise the cabin price, and then take the 40% off leaving the purchaser with what is a regular cabin price.

so georgiacat, book what you wish, keep checking, and if some way the price goes down and youre before the final payment is due, cancel and rfebook

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some people said on this thread that they did get or see good deals on some holidays/Black Friday:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2888560-40-off-promo

I do seem to recall seeing something that looked a bit better than usual for President's Day(?) this year.  Like people have said, though, there are numerous components to the overall cost so it's not obvious how good a 'deal' really is.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:46 AM, georgiacat said:

That's on RCI because of their idiotic Dynamic Pricing policy.  It basically makes beverage packages and excursions fluid price wise depending upon the ship you're sailing and when you sail, resulting in ridiculously high prices on most cruises.  Their Black Friday sale could result in as high as a 50% discount and up to 40% on their alcoholic packages.

On 10/20/2022 at 8:46 AM, georgiacat said:

No. NCL never adjusts shore ex or drink prices. It is not like Royal where you get daily emails  about the latest "sale sale sale" from the day you book a cruise - most annoying. 

NCL may, occasionally, offer a short-lived tweak to their standard Free at Sea offering for new bookings on holidays (e.g., Free gratuities, waived port taxes). They almost never offer extra points other than potentially on their Latitudes offers. NCL, like other cruise lines, offered extra points right at restart last year, but that went away quickly.... as it did on all other cruise lines. 

• Like 1

Never seen a sale on excursions or add-ons.

Sure, there will be a black Friday sale....but it will probably be the same as the Halloween sale and the pre- Thanksgiving sale and so on. And people will walk away thinking they got a special deal because they booked black Friday.

However, I do seem to recall that they did have a special 10% off for past cruisers many years ago, so they could do extra points or double up on CNs over the holidays.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No. NCL never adjusts shore ex or drink prices. It is not like Royal where you get daily emails  about the latest "sale sale sale" from the day you book a cruise - most annoying. 

NCL may, occasionally, offer a short-lived tweak to their standard Free at Sea offering for new bookings on holidays (e.g., Free gratuities, waived port taxes). They almost never offer extra points other than potentially on their Latitudes offers. NCL, like other cruise lines, offered extra points right at restart last year, but that went away quickly.... as it did on all other cruise lines. 

I'm still mourning the loss of my free pre-paid DSC on four of the covid cancelled sailings☹️

Also missing the 'Tax-free' (port & gov taxes) promo from a few years ago. 

Those were worthy of re-booking to get the promos.    

On 10/20/2022 at 8:59 AM, complawyer said:

black friday, blue monday, ruby tuesday.  it doesn matter.   ncl runs the same add over and over touting 40% off. never changes and ive never seen any adds lowering their prices for anything. i always believe that they raise the cabin price, and then take the 40% off leaving the purchaser with what is a regular cabin price.

Yup, this.