Would this pool float/hammock be ok to use in the pools onboard?

Euby

7 hours ago, Hobcat said:

How many posting here have used the pool on a HAL ship?  Show of hands. 🙋🏽‍♂️🙋🏼I’ve rarely seen anyone in the pool during the day except kids & that’s rare because most of the cruises we take have few or any kids onboard. Can’t remember ever seeing anyone in the pool in the evening. 
Maybe someone onboard now could post a photo of the pool rules that are posted on the wall near the pool area. That may provide some info on this question. 

There’s always the guy in a Speedo when they used to have the cookouts by the pool

The coolest thing I’ve seen in awhile….

Some ladies had inflatable noodles to use in the pool.  They ordered them online. Awesome.  Also somebody had a regular noodle and cut it in half to put in.a suitcase and bring along.   Fun!
As for a float like the OP wants to bring….sorry, notsomuch 😟

On 10/22/2022 at 6:11 AM, Euby said:

Let me preface the question with a few things:  1) I am a larger sized person; 2) The sun and I do not get along, so I would use this in evening; and, 3) I've already searched on the HAL FAQs and couldn't find anything in regard to something like this.

A picture is below.  According to Amazon, the measurements are 52x55, but I'm sure that is when it is flat on the ground and not when someone's rear-end is weighing it down in the water.  I haven't bought it yet, since I'm not sure if it is ok for cruise ship pools.

image.png.b0bdc8024baaf5cdecf968709d37ea5a.png

I do not know HAL's rules but I think it's fair to assume that anything you do on a cruise which could impact others' ability to enjoy the amenities aboard or pose a safety risk would not be allowed. Looks like a nice float but given the pool sizes aboard these ships I would find it very hard to believe that this would be allowed by HAL staff. Maybe you could sneak it past them if you're truly devoted but I would leave it at home and use that suitcase space to pack some extra sunscreen so you and the sun can play friendly. 🤣 Good luck!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Maybe the next class of HAL ships can have a lazy river.....That would fit the HAL model. 

Have you forgotten the disastrous Veendam experiment?  The "lazy rivers" were drenching the deck and the sunbathers (and leaking into lower cabins) during rough weather.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 7:06 PM, ChinaShrek said:

To be fair to the OP, I was on the Rotterdam this summer as it went to Norway and noticed that few people were in the pool at night or after dinner when most people had gone to eat. I think he could easily had the entire pool to himself. 

And that is frequently the only time when a serious swimmer get to do laps.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Have you forgotten the disastrous Veendam experiment?  The "lazy rivers" were drenching the deck and the sunbathers (and leaking into lower cabins) during rough weather.  

Nope but makes sense...LOL.  oh well........no wonder it doesn't already exist.

19 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

The coolest thing I’ve seen in awhile….

Some ladies had inflatable noodles to use in the pool.  They ordered them online. Awesome.  Also somebody had a regular noodle and cut it in half to put in.a suitcase and bring along.   Fun!
As for a float like the OP wants to bring….sorry, notsomuch 😟

I’ve also packed a cut in half foam noodle to take on snorkeling excursion. 

• Like 1