Parking in San Diego? Recommendations

curtdesilets

We are travelling on Koningsdam Nov 5-12.  Assuming that the Padres will not be playing game 6 and 7 of the World Series @ home,  Nov 4 and 5, any suggestions for parking? (Padres post-season has seriously affected parking rates & availability apparently).  More importantly, can we drop off luggage and our wives to attend to luggage while the boys find the parking and hike back to the port? Kind of a weird request, but that's the game plan.  

We have parked at the Wyndham hotel right across the street from the dock. This time we are parking at the Intercontinental Hotel also just across the street. You need to make reservations in advance thru Airport Parking connection. The rates are very reasonable.

• Like 1

We are also at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside booked through Airport Parking Connection (dot-com). I don't know if $25/day is "reasonable", but it was better than parking way out and having to shuttle to the port. Also they were the one close-by place I found that didn't have No NYE Parking black-out date! As we will be in Cabo on NYE!

8 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

We are also at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside booked through Airport Parking Connection (dot-com). I don't know if $25/day is "reasonable", but it was better than parking way out and having to shuttle to the port. Also they were the one close-by place I found that didn't have No NYE Parking black-out date! As we will be in Cabo on NYE!

Hmmm...seems high. We park at SFO for $13-15 per day....that is about average for the off site parking. Surprised they are charging $25/day.

21 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Hmmm...seems high. We park at SFO for $13-15 per day....that is about average for the off site parking. Surprised they are charging $25/day.

I thought it is a little high also. We are paying $16 a day at the Intercontinental which is next door to the Wyndham.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not the Wyndham, but, 10 minute drive from port, I am staying at Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel with 7 free days parking, then only $5 a day for our 20 day cruise. They have free shuttle. I am not recommending this hotel for it's amenities, only for saving over $500.00. Upon return, if staying one more night, 7 more free days are included.

Edited by TravelDan99
  • Like 1