White & Gold Themed Formal Night anymore?

TessieTravels

We will be on the Island Princess in Dec for a 10-day cruise and there was an inquiry if anyone was aware if Princess still did White & Gold Themed Formal Night as the second formal night anymore.  Does anyone have any suggestion on who to contact with Princess to get that question answered or does anyone have any current knowledge of this?

47 minutes ago, TessieTravels said:

We will be on the Island Princess in Dec for a 10-day cruise and there was an inquiry if anyone was aware if Princess still did White & Gold Themed Formal Night as the second formal night anymore.  Does anyone have any suggestion on who to contact with Princess to get that question answered or does anyone have any current knowledge of this?

I took a screenshot of how it’s been advertised. I haven’t heard about it having rolled out to any other ships, so far.

7776F066-F275-4877-A622-6C44418AEF9A.jpeg

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

I took a screenshot of how it’s been advertised. I haven’t heard about it having rolled out to any other ships, so far.

Oh. One of their stupid Love Boat things for their idiotic "reality" show. I sincerely hope they never film this show on a cruise I'm on. I despise "reality" shows.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, TessieTravels said:

I’ve sailed on many Princess ships since the ‘90s and I honestly do not remember ever experiencing this.  Which ship and when did you see this?  I wouldn’t bother calling Princess, their current employees have very little knowledge in this area.

Sorry, I just saw this was recently advertised on the ship hosting the Real Loveboat tv reality show.  This is not something you will find fleetwide.

Edited by Lady Arwen

15 hours ago, Lizabu said:

we got an email about the same party on our Enchanted Thanksgiving cruise. So, yeah, it's rolling out!

Let’s party in honor of The Real Love Boat launch

Dear valued guest,

If you love The Love Boat or the '80s, you've got another reason to love your cruise on Enchanted Princess®. We're celebrating the debut of the new TV show The Real Love Boat! That means themed activities, photo ops, merch and more.

But we're telling you RIGHT NOW because you need to throw a few white-and-gold clothes that evoke the '80s into that suitcase you're packing so you can join the debut of our Love Boat Piazza Party. It takes place on the second formal night of your voyage - so dress to impress and enjoy the fun:

• live music from the pop band and dancing
  • interactive game show hosted by your cruise director and Fortuna Luck
  • special food & drinks, including the "Love Potion" cocktail
Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

I’ve sailed on many Princess ships since the ‘90s and I honestly do not remember ever experiencing this.  Which ship and when did you see this?  I wouldn’t bother calling Princess, their current employees have very little knowledge in this area.

Sorry, I just saw this was recently advertised on the ship hosting the Real Loveboat tv reality show.  This is not something you will find fleetwide.

We received the same e-mail for our cruise on the Ruby in November.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

".Oh. One of their stupid Love Boat things for their idiotic "reality" show. I sincerely hope they never film this show on a cruise I'm on. I despise "reality" shows."

🤣  I had no idea

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we got an email about the same party on our Enchanted Thanksgiving cruise. So, yeah, it's rolling out!

Let’s party in honor of The Real Love Boat launch

Dear valued guest,

If you love The Love Boat or the '80s, you've got another reason to love your cruise on Enchanted Princess®. We're celebrating the debut of the new TV show The Real Love Boat! That means themed activities, photo ops, merch and more.

But we're telling you RIGHT NOW because you need to throw a few white-and-gold clothes that evoke the '80s into that suitcase you're packing so you can join the debut of our Love Boat Piazza Party. It takes place on the second formal night of your voyage - so dress to impress and enjoy the fun:

• live music from the pop band and dancing
  • interactive game show hosted by your cruise director and Fortuna Luck
  • special food & drinks, including the "Love Potion" cocktail

You’ll have to try a Love Potion cocktail and report back. I’m not going to lie, I hope they do this on my upcoming cruise.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

You’ll have to try a Love Potion cocktail and report back. I’m not going to lie, I hope they do this on my upcoming cruise.

I'll be on the Discovery in less than 2 weeks. I hope to do a LIVE if the internet cooperates. 🙄 I plan on having at least 1 of those drinks! 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

But we're telling you RIGHT NOW because you need to throw a few white-and-gold clothes that evoke the '80s

Never mind...

Edited by Thrak

On 10/24/2022 at 8:31 AM, Lady Arwen said:

I got an email for a November sailing (TA)and a friend had it last week on a California sailing. I think they are doing it on all ships at the moment.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I got an email for a November sailing (TA)and a friend had it last week on a California sailing. I think they are doing it on all ships at the moment.

Thanks for correcting me.  I really had no idea and I’ve not received anything from Princess regarding our upcoming cruise on Regal.  

Last night on the Caribbean Princess, the White and Gold night was held in the piazza.   This was not a formal night and only a day or so advance notice.   Great turnout, very few dressed in White and Gold.   Princess dancers performed, competitions with 6 pre selected couples involved.  Harmless, fun activity.  One of the most enjoyable activities in many cruises.

• Like 2

I just got off 3 B2B's and all of them had the White and Gold "Dress to Impress" night.   That being said, very few people went gangbusters to dress in White and Gold.   It was like any other formal night.   Those that chose to looked great, but it wasn't the norm on the Discovery cruises I was on.

• Like 2