New AMEX Offer (10/24/2022) - Spend $1,000 get 25,000 Membership Reward Points

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't see the offer from my AMEX email. I have only a green card could that be the reason it's not offered to me?

Nah this is till a "YMMV" moment. My regular card had the offer, my GF has a regular and a gold and she didn't get offer with either

• Like 1

This offer is only on cards that offer Membership Rewards, so no co-branded cards for hotels, airlines, etc. I found it on my Amex Gold and I am an authorized user on my son's Amex Plat. It was also in those offers. I added the offer to my Gold Card, then went back to my acct with Plat offers and it disappeared! So it looks like 1 offer per person. My son will try his card tonight.

Sea Dog--you won't get an email notice . To see these offers, log into your Amex acct and drop down the list of offers. Click on travel to sort it quickly, then click to add it to your card. Thes offers sometimes disappear once a certain number are claimed, so add it soon and use it by Dec 31.

Barb

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't see the offer from my AMEX email. I have only a green card could that be the reason it's not offered to me?

My Gold card had it, but my travel card (Platinum) did not. Sometimes no reasoning to who or which card gets the offer. What is funny is that on my drive to work today I was thinking that I had seen offers for Carnival, HAL, and NCL, and how nice it would be to see an offer for RCI or Celebrity.  😂 I was stoked. Check for a couple of days, Greg. Sometimes mine show up a day after others. Crossing my fingers for you.

I prefer the points offers because this accountant can squeeze a point and usually find airfare that is 2-3 cents value per point (takes a lot of searching, but worth it!), so for me, this is like $500-$750 value.  Love my points! 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Wow, this is an amazing new offer!

7B14C056-2BAE-439B-9941-FCD0FBB8FCF0.thumb.png.802df39d2973e80597859014a8e21834.png

Thank you Cruise Gopher. I paid off my January cruise tonight and planned on using another card but saw your post. I had the offer waiting in Amex and got an email from Amex saying thanks for using the offer after making final payment. They said the points would be on. my statement. Cheers!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, deadm0ney said:

I know it says it doesn't work for OBC, etc but has anyone been able to get the credit (or pts) in the past for meeting the spend when paying off the final folio charges?  

It works for purchasing OBC pre-cruise from Royal Gifts (charge shows as Royal Caribbean), but I think on board charges show up as the specific ship name.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheMillenniumRider said:

Can anyone confirm if this will credit the points for $1000 on cruise planner expenses, or will it strictly work for cruise fare only? 

Yes, deposits, payments, pre-paid gratuities, cruise planner purchases, pre-cruise OBC (from Royal Gifts) all qualify.

P.S.  It's one or more transactions, so you don't need to spend all at once.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deadm0ney said:

I know it says it doesn't work for OBC, etc but has anyone been able to get the credit (or pts) in the past for meeting the spend when paying off the final folio charges?  

From the terms and conditions of the offer:  "Excludes onboard purchases, e-gift card and physical gift card purchases made online, transfers/transportation to the ship, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, TUI Cruises and Silversea brands."