New Friday night special at Canaletto?

canadarocks

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've not tried Canaletto in a long, long time but I'm curious how in the world chicken curry would fit into an Italian menu?

There is curry in some Italian food.  I remember a pasta dish at a restaurant we used to dine at before it closed.  It had curry in it.

14 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There is curry in some Italian food.  I remember a pasta dish at a restaurant we used to dine at before it closed.  It had curry in it.

🤔 -- was that an Italian-American place?  Or in Italy?

Just fired a quick text to a friend in Italy to confirm -- she basically said there is no such thing as a curry in Italian cuisine.  They have Indian restaurants of course, but no one would ever go to an Italian restaurant for a chicken curry.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just fired a quick text to a friend in Italy to confirm -- she basically said there is no such thing as a curry in Italian cuisine.  They have Indian restaurants of course, but no one would ever go to an Italian restaurant for a chicken curry.

Yes ma'am, there is curry in Italy! We spent 3 months traveling Italy and found many restaurants that served curry dishes. Especially delicious in Rome and Florence! 

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

No it wasn’t in Italy.  Why ask if you have friends in Italy?  I was speaking of my experience.  So happy to have all the expert’s available at our fingertips on any subject 🤪.  Maybe you should contact hal to let them know there is no such thing, according to your friend.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Haha 1

Sheesh, I just found it very odd and wanted to hear more. In my experience I have not encountered a curry dish in an Italian restaurant (either in the US or in Italy), and I also have spent a significant amount of time in Italy over the years. 

It seems an odd choice to put on the menu of a restaurant like Canaletto. That's all. Not calling anyone else's experience wrong.

15 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yes ma'am, there is curry in Italy! We spent 3 months traveling Italy and found many restaurants that served curry dishes. Especially delicious in Rome and Florence! 

I spent two years living in Italy and never once saw curry, except for non-Italian cuisine restaurants.  Weird.