Pre-Cruise COVID Testing

5 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

Looking for COVID test options in Sydney prior to cruise.  We will be flying into Sydney from Brisbane the day prior to departure.  Nice if we could find a walk-in test site.

You do not need that. Self administered RAT will suffice, for Princess anyway. Which cruise line?

26 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

Looking for COVID test options in Sydney prior to cruise.  We will be flying into Sydney from Brisbane the day prior to departure.  Nice if we could find a walk-in test site.

Just bring some self test kits ,we call them RAT ‘s .

Do one the night before a take a photo with you phone.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Just bring some self test kits ,we call them RAT ‘s .

Do one the night before a take a photo with you phone.

Is it mandatory to have a self test rat on all ships embarking in Australia?

we have a cruise out of Fremantle in December…Azamara

thanks

Eileen

2 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Is it mandatory to have a self test rat on all ships embarking in Australia?

we have a cruise out of Fremantle in December…Azamara

thanks

Eileen

At the moment I believe so but if they enforce is another thing.

Apparently Royal Caribbean and Celebrity at the moment are asking for a negative and vaccination certificate. I think Azamara is still associated with RCG.

Edited by Chiliburn

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

At the moment I believe so but if they enforce is another thing.

Apparently Royal Caribbean and Celebrity at the moment are asking for a negative and vaccination certificate. I think Azamara is still associated with RCG.

Royal sold-off Azamara during the pandemic to an investment firm. Azamara cruises will no longer count toward Celebrity or Royal loyalty schemes.

44 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I know it was sold,I believe RCG still advises them in some areas like health.

But a W.A departure will probably depend on W.A. Health.

Both.

In most instances, WA has the same measures as the eastern states, so whatever Royal wants in Sydney would probably match what Azamara wants in Fremantle.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:15 PM, NSWP said:

You do not need that. Self administered RAT will suffice, for Princess anyway. Which cruise line?

I'm curious about this.. we are also leaving from Sydney but on HAL. How does one prove the self administered test is theirs?

29 minutes ago, happyzoey said:

I'm curious about this.. we are also leaving from Sydney but on HAL. How does one prove the self administered test is theirs?

Proof would be difficult, but we have used these tests mostly honourably in everyday life here for the past year or so.

You just do what your cruise line asks of you, and hope that everyone else is doing the right thing - the vast majority do. Seems that most cruise lines are asking for you to take a photo that includes a date reference alongside your photo ID and your RAT test. Even then, they have only been randomly checking these photos, as the local governments only require you to take a test and declare (attest) your result.

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

Proof would be difficult, but we have used these tests mostly honourably in everyday life here for the past year or so.

You just do what your cruise line asks of you, and hope that everyone else is doing the right thing - the vast majority do. Seems that most cruise lines are asking for you to take a photo that includes a date reference alongside your photo ID and your RAT test. Even then, they have only been randomly checking these photos, as the local governments only require you to take a test and declare (attest) your result.

I embarked at Sydney on Carnival recently and did my RAT test with photo. I wasn't asked about it at registration nor had to show my photo although I did hear the lady next to me being asked. She just said yes she had tested negative, she wasn't asked for proof.

1 hour ago, nnps said:

I embarked at Sydney on Carnival recently and did my RAT test with photo. I wasn't asked about it at registration nor had to show my photo although I did hear the lady next to me being asked. She just said yes she had tested negative, she wasn't asked for proof.

Personally, I think the photo as "proof" is for other reasons. For around 4 months, they had a couple of hundred cancellations on the day before departure for most cruises. The numbers did not stack-up vs the number of cases generally in the community. For that reason, I think a photo proving a positive test is of much more interest to them, as till then you could just claim covid if you didn't feel like cruising, and get a 100% credit to kick your booking down the road.

After all, our governments don't require that photo for boarding, just the declaration. If you have answered that question on the app, they don't really need to ask again.