Plat/Diam PRIORITY check-in AND BOARDING is back

IntrepidFromDC

11 minutes ago, asalligo said:

How was boarding handled without priority boarding during Covid. Did they just seat you in the terminal first come first seated and board by that order? 

No you logged on and picked an arrival time which then assigned you a boarding group. They let D/P login two days before everyone else. The boarding groups are called out in order. 

12 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I wonder if this means FTTF will be returning soon, as well.

FTTF is still listed as a category for pre-cruise spending, so one would think they plan on bringing back this pure profit item. 

I'm surprised it's not back yet. It is an awful lot of extra profit they could be making so a few people can get in their room 2 hours early. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Enggrl said:

No you logged on and picked an arrival time which then assigned you a boarding group. They let D/P login two days before everyone else. The boarding groups are called out in order. 

So I could have been seated in the terminal right next to a blue card. Just the thought, I am feeling faint, there I go.........

• Haha 9

I am more interested in the priority baggage delivery.  On my last 2 cruises I did not get my luggage until after 4 pm for one  and after 5:30 for another- after sail-away- and all luggage tags were intact and said priority for first one, and diamond for 2nd.  Hopefully this will speed up delivery.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I wonder if this means FTTF will be returning soon, as well.

FTTF is still listed as a category for pre-cruise spending, so one would think they plan on bringing back this pure profit item. 

John Heald mentioned in a post this morning that FTTF will be returning, he's just not sure when: "it should be soon".

Take that for what it's worth.

I wish CCL would inform the stewards that P/D can drop off their luggage as soon as they board.  They don't seem to be aware, at least not all of them are, and get irritated when we do so. But still glad to get the e-mail yesterday - another step in the right direction.  About time really......

• Like 3

14 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

At the end it says it doesn’t include Journeys Cruises.  I’m leaving on a Journeys Cruise this Sunday so was a bit disappointed to see that.

We are booked on a journey cruise in which we will turn platinum, so while we will get all the bag tags and colored cards, we won't get some benes because the whole darn boat is likely plats and diamonds or freshly minted ones since it's a 30 day one

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

You basically  have a separate line again and get to get on a couple of minutes before suites instead of right after.

Is this correct?  

I thought Suites have always gone  BEFORE Diamond and Plat.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

I am more interested in the priority baggage delivery.  On my last 2 cruises I did not get my luggage until after 4 pm for one  and after 5:30 for another- after sail-away- and all luggage tags were intact and said priority for first one, and diamond for 2nd.  Hopefully this will speed up delivery.

Me too.  I usually get luggage after sail away.  

In fact, I have sailed 6 times this year and my cabin was ready at 1:30 only about 50% of the time. 

This was incredibly annoying because this meant we didn’t get our S&S cards until around 2-2:30.   Which meant we couldn’t get on the Hub because I didn’t know my folio number.   One of those times I had GS reissue new cards. 

Too many cabins and not enough stewards I guess.  

Hopefully things will return to normal soon. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

Is this correct?  

I was thinking the usual order was: wedding parties, suites, Diamond, then Platinum. 
Having never been on a Journeys cruise, is boarding by check in times-or do wedding parties and suites still get on first?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

Is this correct?  

I’m wondering the same. We’re in a suite, and I just want to plan accordingly and pick the correct arrival time. We will be early to the port but don’t want to be too early. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, audcc77 said:

Is this correct?  

Pre-Covid it was Wedding Parties, Diamond, Platinum, then suite guests, followed by FTTF.  We did a suite once before turning platinum.  We were allowed in the priority seating area, but diamond and platinum went before us.   Also, back then, our rooms were not ready upon boarding, but diamond and platinum were.

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral Terminal 3 in just over a week and I wonder if they will use the 500 seat VIP lounge for D and P guests and not just suites now? I would think that they would but someone who knows an employee said it’s only for Suite guests. Maybe they aren’t up to date. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t use it as it’s so big and will reduce crowding in main lounge. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Pre-Covid it was Wedding Parties, Diamond, Platinum, then suite guests, followed by FTTF.  We did a suite once before turning platinum.  We were allowed in the priority seating area, but diamond and platinum went before us.   Also, back then, our rooms were not ready upon boarding, but diamond and platinum were.

Yep, this exactly.  That's one of the main reasons why (Suite being ready upon boarding) I always bought FTTF before turning Platinum.  When FTTF was introduced, this was a feature of FTTF that was extended to Ps & Ds as a perk.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

How do guests who need special assistance fit in?  Are they given any priority, or do they just board with assigned boarding number?