LIVE from Discovery Nov. 5 - Nov. 14, 2022 - including Sky Suite experience

HBCcruiser

I did see an option on the medallion app to pay for them but forgot the price. But for sure there was an option to view them on the app with some kind of copyright label on them so you couldn't just ss or dl without paying.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Did you have to purchase your picture or did they start printing them out and giving them to 360 diners?  The picture of my DH and I was one of the rare good ones and I would have liked to have had it.

• Like 1

Great sailaway and day onboard. I filled out my online survey and gave shout outs to the Vanessa’s, Rod (stateroom attendant) and Marianna from Sabatini’s. The funny thing was as I was rating the internet👎👎👎 the survey told me that my connection was weak! 😂😂 wish I could have uploaded that photo to the survey! 

A360C2C1-AE3E-4181-9E91-925AE6058D23.thumb.jpeg.98536db7c64e000fbe42e87e92d473a9.jpeg

6A223017-E4A3-4ACF-9A32-36A6410AD901.thumb.jpeg.71218190b88185d20dee494c7ee3e841.jpeg

• Like 4

I did not realize there were different ways to prepare escargots.  Interesting.

Will you get another invitation to 360 since you are still in a suite?

Have a very relaxing cruise.  You deserve that after all that entertaining (aka luxury partying).  

Thanks for posting the pictures of the S4 suite.  We have this category for our Christmas and New Years cruises.  The Owners Suite was wonderful, but will be nice not being at the aft of the ship this time. 

Sounds like Sur La Mer will be our first night dinner.  Wasn't impressed with the Crown Grill last time though my husband loves that Black and Blue French Onion soup.  The filet looks wonderful.

Have a great trip. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Will you get another invitation to 360 since you are still in a suite

I doubt it. It’s better that new people experience it. Also, I don’t need all that food!  If they do it for a different region some day then I’d definitely want to try it again. 

• Like 2

Good to see that you're still in a suite.  It would have been quite jarring to go from the Sky Suite to a balcony.

It looks like you are in a PH suite.  Is Iggy your cabin steward?  If so, he is fantastic.  He had ALL of the (non-aft facing) PH suites assigned to him when we were on the ship at the end of October but he still managed to get us what we wanted when we wanted it.  Sometimes even before we knew we wanted something LOL.  We were in R603.

I also got a giggle about your experience doing the survey while onboard.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes! I found this waiting for me last night. He saw my door magnet saying that towel animals are welcome here.😊C2E23B4F-1410-4345-9D8C-AD5B5D2D7D5C.thumb.jpeg.aefcea6e6423f9d0bfd51927b7eef136.jpeg

well that's one way to get rid of the fruit  🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I doubt it. It’s better that new people experience it. Also, I don’t need all that food!  If they do it for a different region some day then I’d definitely want to try it again. 

We got a phone call this morning inviting us for the next sailing (we have a forward suite). I'm excited!

• Like 2

I'm on the Discovery now and don't care for this ship. We are in a full suite and didn't get invited to the 360 but our friend in a Balcony did. Princess isn't delivering what they advertise for suites.  There was no daily bottled water last evening. The bathroom has the pump shampoo and shower gel NO conditioner. No bathroom amenities like before, I had to ask for a nail file. The ship is too large for my taste. The service is functional but not personable like on other ships we've sailed on with Princess.  The ship is new and pretty. Last evening there were no seats for the 7:30  and people were standing in the aisles. There were seats for the late show.  

The ship is so long it's a very walk from end to end. I made a mistake not booking a more centered suite, I'm far forward. The suite is so small you have to move the chairs to get to the balcony door.  There are 2 small closets with double rods so hanging anything long is not possible. The closet is approx 36 inches wide, smaller then non suite cabins. 

I just cancelled my next cruise on the Discovery in July.  I am booked on the Grand to Alaska which I will keep  because I like the smaller ship with better amenities. This is my taste, you may the ship.

2 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm on the Discovery now and don't care for this ship. We are in a full suite and didn't get invited to the 360 but our friend in a Balcony did. Princess isn't delivering what they advertise for suites.  There was no daily bottled water last evening.

Have you talked to Vanessa in the Concierge Lounge about 360?

As for the water your steward should definitely deliver two nightly.  If they don't bottled water is always out in the Concierge Lounge and you should be able to take what you need.  And if they aren't out (such as later at night) there should be some in the open cabinet immediately across from the buffet.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I'm on the Discovery now and don't care for this ship. We are in a full suite and didn't get invited to the 360 but our friend in a Balcony did. Princess isn't delivering what they advertise for suites.  There was no daily bottled water last evening. The bathroom has the pump shampoo and shower gel NO conditioner. No bathroom amenities like before, I had to ask for a nail file. The ship is too large for my taste. The service is functional but not personable like on other ships we've sailed on with Princess.  The ship is new and pretty. Last evening there were no seats for the 7:30  and people were standing in the aisles. There were seats for the late show.  

The ship is so long it's a very walk from end to end. I made a mistake not booking a more centered suite, I'm far forward. The suite is so small you have to move the chairs to get to the balcony door.  There are 2 small closets with double rods so hanging anything long is not possible. The closet is approx 36 inches wide, smaller then non suite cabins. 

I just cancelled my next cruise on the Discovery in July.  I am booked on the Grand to Alaska which I will keep  because I like the smaller ship with better amenities. This is my taste, you may the ship.

This is back to normal (pre-pandemic) for Princess theatre shows. 

We like the walking, especially after eating all the meals!

25 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Have you talked to Vanessa in the Concierge Lounge about 360?

As for the water your steward should definitely deliver two nightly.  If they don't bottled water is always out in the Concierge Lounge and you should be able to take what you need.  And if they aren't out (such as later at night) there should be some in the open cabinet immediately across from the buffet.

I had water in my cabin and I just asked my cabin attendant (via note) if I could get the body lotion if they even have any. I’m not sure why the Suite amenities are lacking. On the Grand in April we had everything. Is this now fleetwide? I’m glad I bring my own shampoo and conditioner.