What television brand on EDGE?

UniPac

Hi everyone,

I don't remember what brand the televisions on EDGE staterooms are... I think it was Samsung or LG?

I guess they are the same brand, no matter if it is an inside cabin, Aqua Class or Suite?

Thank you!

• Haha 1

Thank you, so it should be Samsung.

12 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Just wondering why the question.

Because I like to connect my notebook to the TV to view my vacation videos & pictures. But the TVs are often in a so-called "hotel mode" which sometimes doesn't allow switching to HDMI input unless you bring an own remote/service remote.

10 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Zenith

?

5 hours ago, UniPac said:

Thank you, so it should be Samsung.

Because I like to connect my notebook to the TV to view my vacation videos & pictures. But the TVs are often in a so-called "hotel mode" which sometimes doesn't allow switching to HDMI input unless you bring an own remote/service remote.

?

I have had troubles when I used a Samsung Remote with it screwing up the TV.   The TV's are now more like a Computer Monitor and when I used a Samsung remote -  It would work on a couple rooms I had but others locked out the ability to use the room remote.  

You can use your room remote to get to all of the inputs.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I fear a few of us are dating ourselves. 

It seems my original comment went over someone's head.  It was meant as a Joke, "Zenith"..an old school TV brand.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have had troubles when I used a Samsung Remote with it screwing up the TV.   The TV's are now more like a Computer Monitor and when I used a Samsung remote -  It would work on a couple rooms I had but others locked out the ability to use the room remote.  

You can use your room remote to get to all of the inputs.  

Have you had any issues getting your Roku to connect to the captive portal on the ship? 

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Have you had any issues getting your Roku to connect to the captive portal on the ship? 

No.    Roku has a popup that gives you a URL you type and then a logon screen pops up.   If your content is restricted out of the U.S. you will need a VPN which takes quite more difficult portion of the equation.    FireStick has built in VPN apps. 

Great - thanks.  I have been downloading NetFlix movies to my laptop and watching them from there but am thinking about either going the Roku route or trying to see if AirPlay will work with the smart TV's on the ship.  

As a fellow Mac user, have you tried AirPlay? 

They do have the ability for casting but found that it is mostly built around Android Casting.    I have been able to cast but the hardest part is once you go to that source it asks for the TV's name and 15-16 TV's are listed and they all have the same default name.  

Once I did find mine I found it really jerky and intermittent.   Easiest route would be to get a Apple to HDMI cable and then just select the HDMI Source and play direct from your Apple Phone, Tablet  or PC.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They do have the ability for casting but found that it is mostly built around Android Casting.    I have been able to cast but the hardest part is once you go to that source it asks for the TV's name and 15-16 TV's are listed and they all have the same default name.  

Once I did find mine I found it really jerky and intermittent.   Easiest route would be to get a Apple to HDMI cable and then just select the HDMI Source and play direct from your Apple Phone, Tablet  or PC.

Thanks.  I have been trying to carry as few cables as possible but it might be worth it to invest in very thin HDMI cable.  I may even have one around here.  I use a USC-C to Display port adapter to connect my two chain my two curved monitors to my laptop. 

Something like this should work -- 

https://www.amazon.com/uni-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Working-MacBook/dp/B083Z8QBJ5/ref=sr_1_2_sspa