Royal Caribbean for Spanish Speakers

marykdan

I'm trying to collect information about activities on Royal Caribbean for people who do not speak English. Is it just Bolero's, or are there other activities?

I'm bilingual -- English is my first language -- but my companion is Spanish only.

I have seen Spanish-language Cruise Compass on sailings from Puerto Rico, and I seem to recall that there were things to do in Spanish.  Was that just because the ship was sailing from San Juan, or are there activities on other ships, too? 

For the record, we'll be on Odyssey of the Seas in February.

Thanks in advance

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, marykdan said:

I'm trying to collect information about activities on Royal Caribbean for people who do not speak English. Is it just Bolero's, or are there other activities?

I'm bilingual -- English is my first language -- but my companion is Spanish only.

I have seen Spanish-language Cruise Compass on sailings from Puerto Rico, and I seem to recall that there were things to do in Spanish.  Was that just because the ship was sailing from San Juan, or are there activities on other ships, too? 

For the record, we'll be on Odyssey of the Seas in February.

Thanks in advance

English, if leaving from an English speaking country.  PR, is officially Spanish, but if you also leave from Barcelona, you will find more Spanish

I feel like I've seen Spanish language compasses on itineraries that leave from FL as well, but you had to search for them a bit.  You'll be able to request spanish speaking waiters (I think).  They have people from all different countries so they do handle this frequently.

I've done a couple cruises from San Juan and they do pretty much everything in both languages. They would sometimes say things in Spanish first and then translate to English, and other times they'd say it in English and then translate to Spanish. 

If you go on a cruise that doesn't have a large majority of Spanish speakers on board, you'll easily find crew members who speak Spanish, which will make ordering food and getting other assistance pretty easy, but the shows and Trivia will be in English. 

• Like 1

Guest services has the extra Spanish language Cruise Compass (and other languages if cruising from Europe) available, but, your cabin steward can arrange to deliver the correct one. 

The only cruise I had Spanish speaking entertainment on was a Miami to Panama repositioning cruise.   If the entertainers spoke any English, they did it 2nd.  Same with announcements on that one.  It was clear at booking that it was going to be an "immersive" Spanish language cruise.  The crew all spoke English, though.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Also maybe for next time if you decide to try MSC. From I remember they make announcements in 5-6 languages. They also mostly have dancing and singing shows as they are better understandable by international crowd.

On 11/10/2022 at 9:48 PM, ARandomTraveler said:

I've done a couple cruises from San Juan and they do pretty much everything in both languages. They would sometimes say things in Spanish first and then translate to English, and other times they'd say it in English and then translate to Spanish. 

If you go on a cruise that doesn't have a large majority of Spanish speakers on board, you'll easily find crew members who speak Spanish, which will make ordering food and getting other assistance pretty easy, but the shows and Trivia will be in English. 

I have been in a couple of cruises in which if the cruise staff member in charge of the trivia speaks Spanish he/ she has translated questions to Spanish if there are a few of Spanish only speaking cruisers but it is very rare.

On 11/10/2022 at 1:18 PM, Cigar King said:

Puerto Rico and Spain are the only places I have seen a Spanish language Cruise Compass.

That being said, plenty of guests and crew speak Spanish.  I also wonder, does the RCI app support Spanish as a language?  If so, that's another option.

Also had it in the DR a few years ago.