Can’t Checkin with app because I cant see all my cruises

It's been happening to me sporadically (android) but I have been able to fix it by going down to the bottom where it says "browse our ships", picking one at random and then once I'm in a random cruise, clicking on the choose another sailing option. That seems to force my sailings to reappear. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if it's a work-around or pure coincidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It's been happening to me sporadically (android) but I have been able to fix it by going down to the bottom where it says "browse our ships", picking one at random and then once I'm in a random cruise, clicking on the choose another sailing option. That seems to force my sailings to reappear. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if it's a work-around or pure coincidence.

Yes...this will work...I simply choose the ship I am looking to check in for under browse our ships and then it takes you straight to the booking. No need to reboot or any of that stuff. 

3 minutes ago, rolloman said:

Yes...this will work...I simply choose the ship I am looking to check in for under browse our ships and then it takes you straight to the booking. No need to reboot or any of that stuff. 

Good!  It's faster than my fix.  If this is their permanent way of listing our cruises, it's still not convenient.  I have 9 cruises booked out to March 2024, and I'm not nuts about putting in the ship and sail date to get to my booking.  I hope they go back to the "all cruises" list.

Edited by pcur

I tried Ken's suggestion to sign out and sign back but as an iPhone user I had no joy.  Here is the iPhone hack I figured out.  I signed out and then fully shut app off (swipe up from the bottom to display the cascade of apps open and then swipe the Royal app off).  I waited five minutes, then signed back in.  All my cruises were back on my list, including cruises that aren't me but I am linked to.  I don't know that waiting five minutes made any difference, I'm pretty sure it didn't, but included it because that is what I did.  

I hope this helps.  YMMV. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, pcur said:

Good!  It's faster than my fix.  If this is their permanent way of listing our cruises, it's still not convenient.  I have 9 cruises booked out to March 2024, and I'm not nuts about putting in the ship and sail date to get to my booking.  I hope they go back to the "all cruises" list.

I’ll need to try this. Can you tell me what number you called to let them know. I want to call too. 

I was telling someone the other day that all the Royal app does it show me my upcoming cruise.  I don't have an option to click on it, no three dots (that they suggested would be there) to select, nothing.  So what good does the app do just to tell me I have a cruise?! I know I have a cruise. SMH.  It would be helpful to make reservations, book excursions, book drink packages or at least check pricing, etc...but nope....just that I have a cruise. 

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’ll need to try this. Can you tell me what number you called to let them know. I want to call too. 

I called the D+ line at C&A.  Their automated phone tree didn't give me a "technical problem with our app" choice.

Yesterday I used messenger to contact Royal and said I was having issues with the APP. I explained the issue. Last night I got a response that they know of NO ISSUES with the app.

I was given a link to try to Checkin to my cruise. The link didn’t work. He kept sending the link, but I told him I can do it on the web, but I need to let them know that the APP ISNT WORKING.

I said I’m not the only one. 

This morning I tried to use my phone to do Checkin, and now the app is only showing me the bottom part of the screen. The whole top of the app is gone, no profile, no calendar.
I tried on my old iPhone and it wouldn’t work because “passport” wasn’t a choice, only naturalization. I don’t even know what that is.

So I checked in on the web and it had a big message that I’m required to download the app before boarding…… but the app isn’t working.  I hope royal fixes this soon.