Open Booking Deposit Program

Keith1010

10 hours ago, avalon1025 said:

Nope,  just don’t want to be left holding the bag again with valued clients 

If I had "valued clients" that wanted to buy a product, trust me, I'd be selling it to them.

For if you don't, they will soon become someone else's valued client.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

If I had "valued clients" that wanted to buy a product, trust me, I'd be selling it to them.

Bingo!! The first time a new or existing client walks in and says "I want to book the Crystal World Cruise in the Crystal Penthouse", "principle" will going flying out the window at the speed of light!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

23 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Not really,  I’m not an agent but had to tell a group of friends they wouldn’t be getting their money back last year after I vouched for crystal.    I’ll wait to hear from all you opinionated people how the new crystal is before they get more of my cash. An idiot and their money is soon parted….

Edited by avalon1025
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, avalon1025 said:

Not really,  I’m not an agent but had to tell a group of friends they wouldn’t be getting their money back last year after I vouched for crystal.    I’ll wait to hear from all you opinionated people how the new crystal is before they get more of my cash. An idiot and their money is soon parted….

Have you still got the friends

• Haha 1

I don't see the rush or reason to give Crystal any money until the ships leave the shipyard and are ready to take on passengers. I don't think there will be a line or sold out trips asap. I believe the vast majority of luxury cruisers have trips booked/planned into 2024.

• Like 2

Like most things we will all figure out what works for them. And every situation is different such as whether or not you care about a specific suite category or even location and what specific cruise you might be interested in. Some like myself will book as soon as we can. Others will wait.  No right or wrong like most things in life.

Keith

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Like most things we will all figure out what works for them. And every situation is different such as whether or not you care about a specific suite category or even location and what specific cruise you might be interested in. Some like myself will book as soon as we can. Others will wait.  No right or wrong like most things in life.

Keith

Agreed 100% Keith.     Just like choosing which cruise brand works best for you, so many things are personal and every one decides for themselves.

Personally, I am looking forward to getting back on Crystal and will plan on booking a cruise asap.  That said, as more time has elapsed and I've read about so many new cruise ships getting pushed back due to supply chain issues, I am leery of Crystal being able to restart in the summer of 2023 and have booked two cruises for the summer and fall of 2023 due to that.  It's looking like Crystal will have to wait until 2024 for me.  

I know they've hired a lot of staff, and I'm sure they will do everything in their power to bring the brand live sooner, but realistically with all the supply shortages and everything being pushed backed due to that I am just not sure that will be within their control.

But again, to each his/her own.  I don't want to take the risk of not getting the itinerary or room in 2023 I want and have booked with other cruise lines due to that.  But I am very excited about booking with Crystal in 2024 and am sure I will be doing so once I see their itineraries hopefully 12/15'ish.  But as I read the reviews from the Regent Spendour(I am trying Regent in January on the Explorer) I know that could sway me.

• Like 5

I posted this on another thread that relates to open bookings and I am adding some additional information.

Crystal expects to start the open deposit program in early December.

They also expect to announce the itineraries before the open deposit booking priority window is open and new itineraries are available for sale.

In other words they announce itineraries, open up the open deposit booking priority window and sometime after that open up sales.  If you have an open booking you would be able to book before others.

They delay in the open deposit booking window is not only to be sure the systems are ready but everything is 100% locked down with respect to the delivery dates of the vessels.

December is just around the corner.

Keith

• Like 1

I’ll be on Celebrity Constellation Dec. 2-12th. I look forward to seeing itineraries when I get home! We have nothing booked after June of ‘23. We often cruise in Oct. and Dec., but January of ‘24 works for me, too. 

It’s exciting that we’ll see itineraries! Maybe some of my 270 minutes per person on the Connie will allow me to take a peek.

Thx for the update, Keith.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Crystal supposedly finally starting open booking deposits December 13 followed by itineraries followed by bookings. Keep an eye out for emails and on the new Crystal website. 

I hope you are right. It would be a lovely Christmas gift - something to look forward to.

Can I clarify one thing that is not clear on their website if you know @Keith1010?  IF you make the $500 open deposit, will that $500 be applied to your cruise PLUS a $500 onboard credit?  It is very clear you get the credit, but on their website it doesn't say anything about the $500 deposit being applied towards the cruise fare.  I'm assuming that's the case, but we all know what happens when assume....

21 minutes ago, Cruiseswithfamilyornot said:

Can I clarify one thing that is not clear on their website if you know @Keith1010?  IF you make the $500 open deposit, will that $500 be applied to your cruise PLUS a $500 onboard credit?  It is very clear you get the credit, but on their website it doesn't say anything about the $500 deposit being applied towards the cruise fare.  I'm assuming that's the case, but we all know what happens when assume....

Yes the 500.00 from the open booking goes to the cruise you designate it to be used for.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, doglover214 said:

What fabulous news!
When can we expect the itineraries to be published? 
Keith, do you have any information as to when they will start sailing?

I could speculate but best for us to know when Crystal comes out with the itineraries.   Hopefully we’ll see them in a few weeks.  

Keith 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimmycruiser said:

I just booked mine but the confirmation said we would receive $125 pp $250 max per suite OBC if we book within 90 days of itinerary release date. I thought it was to be $500?

Yes so did I.

On their website it says:

By confirming an Open Deposit, guests are guaranteed early access to our exclusive first look period and eligibility to book your cruise for our 2023 & 2024 itinerary launch season, with priority. In addition, guests may purchase as many Open Deposits and for each one, if confirmed within 90 days from our itinerary launch date, you will receive up to$500USD* of As You Wish shipboard credit. Each Open Deposit can only be applied once per booking.

However on the booking conformation we just received it says:

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 5.09.36 PM copy.jpg

32 minutes ago, Jimmycruiser said:

I just booked mine but the confirmation said we would receive $125 pp $250 max per suite OBC

I think the issue is they marked the deposit as "New Guest" regardless of whether you were a Crystal Society member.  No doubt they will have a way to reconcile if you were a CS member and therefore due the full $500 per cabin.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AtA said:

On their website it says:

By confirming an Open Deposit, guests are guaranteed early access to our exclusive first look period and eligibility to book your cruise for our 2023 & 2024 itinerary launch season, with priority. In addition, guests may purchase as many Open Deposits and for each one, if confirmed within 90 days from our itinerary launch date, you will receive up to$500USD* of As You Wish shipboard credit. Each Open Deposit can only be applied once per booking.

However on the booking conformation we just received it says:

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 5.09.36 PM copy.jpg

I'd just write them back for verification...  I suspect there are links coded for each offer, and either the confirmation was miscoded for that link or the wrong link was promoted somewhere (which may not even have the current verbiage on the page).  Verifying the offer with them will also clue them in to the issue.

Vince