Open Booking Deposit Program

Keith1010

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

If they can ignore everyone who lost money, they can ignore status. 

Different "they"

You're not suggesting new Crystal is somehow responsible for old Crystals debts and liabilities are you? - New Crystal bought assets not an operating cruise line

I think we have got to give new Crystal a chance to pitch their offer - then it's game on against the competition for our business

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Different "they"

You're not suggesting new Crystal is somehow responsible for old Crystals debts and liabilities are you? - New Crystal bought assets not an operating cruise line

I think we have got to give new Crystal a chance to pitch their offer - then it's game on against the competition for our business

Not at all

but I go back to that initial pr statement where they talked about knowing they had fences to mend. They are doing nothing of the sort. And please don’t tell me they don’t know who lost what. It’s public record. 

they don’t have to pay me back. The new company owes me nothing. The money is gone. But they could offer something to get me back   When you buy a name you buy both good will and bad will 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bitob said:

And please don’t tell me they don’t know who lost what. It’s public record 

No it’s not

Anything that might have been published doesn’t take into account the refunds that credit card companies have made to Crystals customers

Some did not bother to lodge a claim with the liquidators - I know I didn’t bother as I think unsecured creditors will be lucky to see any return against their debts 

What about the unstated Crystal Society entitlements that many would have had - unused awards and credits that were never provided 

Do we know what records, if any, of the old Crystal that the new Crystal received?

I suspect they were certainly not complete/up to date and in some cases transfer of any personal data to a third party would have been subject to privacy legislation

I suspect that’s a key reason why the new Crystal had people register on their website - so they had access to contact details 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

No it’s not

Anything that might have been published doesn’t take into account the refunds that credit card companies have made to Crystals customers

Some did not bother to lodge a claim with the liquidators - I know I didn’t bother as I think unsecured creditors will be lucky to see any return against their debts 

What about the unstated Crystal Society entitlements that many would have had - unused awards and credits that were never provided 

Do we know what records, if any, of the old Crystal that the new Crystal received?

I suspect they were certainly not complete/up to date and in some cases transfer of any personal data to a third party would have been subject to privacy legislation

I suspect that’s a key reason why the new Crystal had people register on their website - so they had access to contact details 

We will have to disagree. 
the information is available

there is nothing private about a bankruptcy  they have a starting point

instead of phone calls asking for 500 they could make calls asking how can we get you back!

And I presume the people who didn’t bother to seek refunds  don’t care about the loss or it was minimal

if the new company cared there is a lot they could do. They are not doing it and they won’t.  It is their loss if they don’t address all the bad will out there both with cruisers and travel agents. it doesn’t just go away on its own 

I just see it very differently

1 hour ago, bitob said:

If they can ignore everyone who lost money, they can ignore status. 

Apples and golf pants.

1.   They can ignore “status” (Crystal didn’t really have status tiers, so there isn’t much to ignore), but they paid a lot of money for the CS history.  I can’t really see why they would ignore it.  There are plenty of other things they needed that money for.

2.  They didn’t, and legally can’t, buy Crystal’s financial transaction details.  This is easy to ignore.

3.  Terry already listed all of the reasons that you can’t surmise an accurate financial loss from the court releases and he’s 100% correct.  That data is incomplete, unverified and obsolete at this point.  There will be snapshots in time when part of it is sort of correct, but it’s not kept current or anywhere near complete, ever.  It’s simply not intended to be a register of what everyone lost — it’s a partial list of debts and reimbursement requests at fixed points in history.  Trying to misuse it as such would be a DISASTER.

9 minutes ago, bitob said:

We will have to disagree. 
the information is available

Why do we have to agree to disagree on a statement that’s FACTUALLY INCORRECT?  Full information is NOT available.  Only a small part of the information is available in a bankruptcy — much of the chargeback and insurance data will be unreported.

9 minutes ago, bitob said:

instead of phone calls asking for 500 they could make calls asking how can we get you back!

Having entry level phone agents make outbound calls for new bookings from a qualified leads list is a standard thing in the travel industry.  

Having entry level phone agents make outbound calls to negotiate open-ended deals with people who may feel they’ve suffered a financial loss is perhaps the biggest disaster of a business plan over ever heard in my entire professional career.

The $500 seems to have worked fine, but if it didn’t, up it to $750 or $1000 and go from there.

Listening to customers is one thing, and Crystal will soon have plenty of sales management to do that, but wrangling is not what outbound phone agents are for.

Vince

• Like 7

A friend of mine sent me this link today. It is about what cruise lines to avoid. Maybe you know the video already. In any case I found it interesting enough to share it with you.

My next cruise starts next week and goes to the Patagonia and Falkland Islands (Azamara). In less than three months we are taking a cruise to Europe (MSC Yacht Club). Both lines among others are mentioned as lines to avoid 😁. Old Crystal and New Crystal are also mentioned. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o28f739Rq5o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, allinthesameboat said:

I agree with those of you who have expressed ambivalence about handing over a $500 open booking deposit. Show me what you got before you get my money. I trust that A&K  are not ripping people off but we really don't know when any Crystal cruises will be ready for booking.

I hopefully get an early opportunity to book the Cruises we want to sail on with increased odds of getting the room and room category we prefer.  That’s enough for me but on top of that we get an on board credit.  

this is good enough for me.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I hopefully get an early opportunity to book the Cruises we want to sail on with increased odds of getting the room and room category we prefer.  That’s enough for me but on top of that we get an on board credit.  

this is good enough for me.

Your enthusiasm for the old Crystal was contagious.   The new Crystal.....not so much.    I'll forego the OBC and not worry too much about fighting for a place in line to book a decent cabin.

Currently on board Silver Dawn with long time Serenity Avenue Saloon barman operating S.A.L.T Bar on this ship.  Previous cruise on Silver Moon former Serenity Cove barman holding same position.

Great fun to listen.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, saminina said:

Your enthusiasm for the old Crystal was contagious.   The new Crystal.....not so much.    I'll forego the OBC and not worry too much about fighting for a place in line to book a decent cabin.

Currently on board Silver Dawn with long time Serenity Avenue Saloon barman operating S.A.L.T Bar on this ship.  Previous cruise on Silver Moon former Serenity Cove barman holding same position.

Great fun to listen.

I think in time you will find that most of the wonderful crew will be back with the "new" Crystal Cruises.

In the end, I am not trying to convince anyone what they should do.

I am only expressing what we will do.

Enjoy your cruise.

Best,

Keith

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I think in time you will find that most of the wonderful crew will be back with the "new" Crystal Cruises.

Do you have any real basis for believing that will be the case? I think it’s a long bow to make that assumption 

We know many ex crew have taken positions with other lines or even retired from working at sea - some may have found the new roles to their liking and it puzzles me why they would leave a role with a line which offers stability and career opportunities to go to a new startup line with a small number of ships. It will have been at least 18 months since old Crystal stopped sailing and new Crystal starts up - a lot changes in that time 

I don’t think it’s a given that “most” with move to the new Crystal

What you wish for is often different to what will actually happen 

Guess it’s a case of time will tell…

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Do you have any real basis for believing that will be the case? I think it’s a long bow to make that assumption 

We know many ex crew have taken positions with other lines or even retired from working at sea - some may have found the new roles to their liking and it puzzles me why they would leave a role with a line which offers stability and career opportunities to go to a new startup line with a small number of ships. It will have been at least 18 months since old Crystal stopped sailing and new Crystal starts up - a lot changes in that time 

I don’t think it’s a given that “most” with move to the new Crystal

What you wish for is often different to what will actually happen 

Guess it’s a case of time will tell…

I do. 

I think we will see many crew who still would like to work on cruise lines return to Crystal Cruises.

Stay tuned.

You can laugh  but if you speak with the former crew members I can assure you will hear the same thing.

The vast majority I hear from are coming back.

All?  Of course not.

All never returned in the first place.

It will be great and what it take is a good core of crew to return and as was the case in the past that core can teach and guide those new to Crystal.

And you should not be puzzled. If you truly understand Crystal and the culture that existing there is nothing to be puzzled about. 

Can't wait to return and so many of our friends feel the same way.  All?  No but since when did all ever agree on anything.

We are ready.  And we are very much looking forward to returning.

Stay tuned.

Keith

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

I do. 

I think we will see many crew who still would like to work on cruise lines return to Crystal Cruises.

Stay tuned.

Any crew we met said they were counting the days to return to Crystal. Some have already signed on. Of course they had to take other positions in the meantime.
Even if only some of the crew return if they can infuse the Crystal spirit in the others it would be wonderful. 
We have been on all three competitors in these last three years and yearn for Crystal’s return.

And, if the new Crystal is not up to our expectations and hopes  the Regents of the world will still be around. 

• Like 1

I find it interesting - for what we pay for cruises  - even not in penthouse cabins - compared to that what is 500 to get the benefits you will.  If it all falls apart sure it could be another 500 lost but the benefits are worth the risk to many of us

• Like 1

What if we divide the alphabet.  Last names beginning with A-F call on Monday, G-K Tuesday, etc.  I'm L so I will call on Wednesday.  Always polite.  "Hello.  I'm a Crystal Society member.  When will the itineraries be available for booking?  Thank you."  Maybe it will spur someone to reply? Julia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emdee said:

Any crew we met said they were counting the days to return to Crystal. Some have already signed on. Of course they had to take other positions in the meantime.
Even if only some of the crew return if they can infuse the Crystal spirit in the others it would be wonderful. 
We have been on all three competitors in these last three years and yearn for Crystal’s return.

And, if the new Crystal is not up to our expectations and hopes  the Regents of the world will still be around. 

I agree with everything you said. This is what I've been hearing. This is why I believe the majority wlll be returning who want to work at sea. Some will stay home and do other things as was the case for years and some will retire as it was too.

The nice thing will be having a large core on board who can train the new people as they did in the past on the Ocean vessels but also on other vessels such as the River Cruises.

Keith

• Like 2