Eclipse 2024 Repositioning cancelled

Gryff

We have been booked on the Eclipse for a b2b from Buenos Aires to Chile and Chile to LA in March/April 2024 and were informed today that the second part Chile to LA is cancelled to accommodate the upcoming 2024/25 deployment of the Eclipse. There's a bit of OBC offered if we rebook by 29th November which is of course the date they release the 2024/25 South America details.

Am gutted and don't want to go that for for a 12 day cruise for the first leg but wonder if anyone has any idea what they are doing with the Eclipse? 

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Eclipse will be moved to long Caribbean routes from Fort Lauderdale and then move to New Jersey/Boston for Bermuda/Canada/New England and Greenland/Iceland. 

Thanks don't understand why they've cancelled the repositioning unless they aren't going back to LA but through canal to Caribbean so will publish another one on 29th

8 minutes ago, Gryff said:

Thanks don't understand why they've cancelled the repositioning unless they aren't going back to LA but through canal to Caribbean so will publish another one on 29th

LA is the opposite direction the ships needs to go. The ship now needs positioned to sail from Fort Lauderdale and New Jersey. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

LA is the opposite direction the ships needs to go. The ship now needs positioned to sail from Fort Lauderdale and New Jersey. 

Any idea what ship will be doing the SA cruises 2024/2025 ? I am looking to book one when they are released in a couple weeks time hopefully 

4 minutes ago, hobbsie65 said:

Any idea what ship will be doing the SA cruises 2024/2025 ? I am looking to book one when they are released in a couple weeks time hopefully 

Equinox will be taking over those routes. The 12 night Patagonia/Argentina cruises will be extended to 14 nights also. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gryff said:

Celebrity emailed us this morning

We have not received an email. could you tell me what it said and what did they offer? I just sent a message to my TA maybe he received it?

Edited by sdnich

2 hours ago, sdnich said:

We have not received an email. could you tell me what it said and what did they offer? I just sent a message to my TA maybe he received it?

If you are booked with a TA the cruise line notifies the TA and the TA is responsible for notifying you.

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you are booked with a TA the cruise line notifies the TA and the TA is responsible for notifying you.

That’s funny I sent my TA a text this morning and he had not even heard about it yet so I notified him LOL

5 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Eclipse will be moved to long Caribbean routes from Fort Lauderdale and New Jersey/Boston for Bermuda/Canada/New England and Greenland/Iceland. 

Thank you for this information, it now makes more sense as to why there's no Bayonne/Boston itineraries for 2024 up yet. Looking forward to seeing/sailing Eclipse in '24

7 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Eclipse will be moved to long Caribbean routes from Fort Lauderdale and New Jersey/Boston for Bermuda/Canada/New England and Greenland/Iceland. 

Any idea when the Greenland/Iceland itinerary will be released?  We had it booked in 2021 but that B2B was one of many we had booked which were cancelled.

16 hours ago, sdnich said:

Here's the email we received

Dear Guest,

To accommodate the upcoming 2024/2025 deployment for Celebrity Eclipse, the decision has been made to cancel the 16-Night South America Repositioning sailing departing April 7, 2024. Details of compensation and other information is listed below.

Guests currently booked on the April 7, 2024, sailing who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked on the Celebrity Eclipse 16-Night South America Repositioning sailing departing December 7, 2023, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate.

As always, you can rebook on any Celebrity holiday you choose at prevailing rates. If you do rebook with Celebrity you will receive an onboard credit of $200 per standard stateroom and $400 per suite.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if you choose not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid.

Thank you in advance for your support. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know what you have decided as soon as possible and no later than 5.30pm on Friday, 29th November 2022. You can call us with your decision on 01932 834194, Monday - Friday 09.00 - 20.00, Saturday 09.00 - 18.00 and Sunday 10.00 - 17.00 on 01932 834194.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

5 hours ago, Gryff said:

Here's the email we received

Dear Guest,

To accommodate the upcoming 2024/2025 deployment for Celebrity Eclipse, the decision has been made to cancel the 16-Night South America Repositioning sailing departing April 7, 2024. Details of compensation and other information is listed below.

Guests currently booked on the April 7, 2024, sailing who are interested in similar itineraries can be rebooked on the Celebrity Eclipse 16-Night South America Repositioning sailing departing December 7, 2023, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate.

As always, you can rebook on any Celebrity holiday you choose at prevailing rates. If you do rebook with Celebrity you will receive an onboard credit of $200 per standard stateroom and $400 per suite.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment; however, if you choose not to rebook, the above offer of compensation is no longer valid.

Thank you in advance for your support. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know what you have decided as soon as possible and no later than 5.30pm on Friday, 29th November 2022. You can call us with your decision on 01932 834194, Monday - Friday 09.00 - 20.00, Saturday 09.00 - 18.00 and Sunday 10.00 - 17.00 on 01932 834194.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

Thank you I received a letter from my travel agent yesterday afternoon unfortunately the December trip does not work for us so we’re trying to decide on keeping the first leg of the B2B and then flying back from there .But flying back from Santiago  business class is going to cost us close to what the cruise would cost us !! I’ve been kind of looking for other cruise lines for options getting us back to the states but usually only cruise Celebrity .

Has anyone heard what Eclipse will be doing in Apr '24 in place of the cancelled repositioning? I'd love to see it sail to it's new homeport in FLL via Buenos Aires, Brazil and the Caribbean- THAT would be a cool alternative that i would jump on. 

Interestingly our Celebrity Cruise Planner, who we have a great relationship with, clearly has the 2024/25 Itinerary and is not suggesting we tack another cruise onto the first leg of the B2B but that we move to 2025!

On 11/16/2022 at 3:21 PM, sdnich said:

That’s funny I sent my TA a text this morning and he had not even heard about it yet so I notified him LOL

I read about it yesterday on Cruise News. I called Celebrity. They confirmed, but I received no email about cancellation from them, and the call agent took ages to confirm. My original booking was made on board. They seem to have their own unfathomable process for contacting passengers.

On 11/16/2022 at 10:47 AM, Jeremiah1212 said:

Equinox will be taking over those routes. The 12 night Patagonia/Argentina cruises will be extended to 14 nights also. 

Celebrity currently has three 12 night Patagonia cruises listed for 2024. Do you think those will be replaced with 14 night cruises?  I was considering putting a deposit on one during the Black Friday sale but maybe I should wait. 

1 hour ago, frisbeewife said:

Celebrity currently has three 12 night Patagonia cruises listed for 2024. Do you think those will be replaced with 14 night cruises?  I was considering putting a deposit on one during the Black Friday sale but maybe I should wait. 

You might consider putting a refundable deposit on one during the sale, then let  X give you whatever consideration they are providing "for your inconvenience." If the new cruises don't work out for you, nothing is lost. If they do, you got in early, and might even get a small bonus.